• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

You are far too mean, and by You, I mean Me

I disagree. Many use the search function and readily find answers to the questions they seek. I read on this forum for months before even joining and I bet lots of others did too.
What I will say is the noticeable difference between now and 13 years ago when I joined is the complainers. They have zero tolerance for being challenged to do any work to find information. And likely that isn't even true, but rather the much larger sample size of people creates more examples of it. The redundant beginner threads used to have reply's from the regular helpers in which they would copy/paste their responses from previous threads asking for the same information with a suggestion to use the search function. I imagine that set an example for those reading to do the same. I don't see that anymore. Those helpers are understandably exhausted and no longer respond at all.

It's just like having a conversation with a 14yr old.
You say something and there's a word they don't know the meaning of.
They ask what the word means and then get pissy when you tell them to look it up in the Googlebox attached to their hand.
They want to be spoon fed instead of actually learning.

That's why I've taken to posting this whenever someone asks for links and info that they clearly haven't taken the time to look up.
Screenshot_20201027-165112_Chrome.jpg

The worst ones are the people that take time to create a profile and post #1 is asking for load data.
It takes a lot less time to just go to the manufacturers website.

Hence the spoon fed image.

Tbh I do not get how some people get angry on internet. I am not going to waste good hate on anonymous people asking why one angular measurement is better than another without fully understanding either one of them. (And of course mils are better)

I always give benefit of doubt.
When odd questions are found I rather assume the person is intellectually challenged, mentally ill or just like regular people, heavily sleep deprived.

Emotial replies feed the trolls too.

Part of the thing is, I write fast and over the years I stopped looking at it, analyzing it, and then crafting a response, now I just write and get it over with, I want the quickest response possible in the shortest amount of time

So my "tone" comes off very abrupt and short, because I am not crafting my response like I would have in the past.

It's a bit of impatience with the site over the years, you see this stuff on repeat for this many years you eventually get sick of spelling it all out

I could be nicer to newer idiots, hold them by the hand and guide them. I have, but like said above, helping the ignorant is one thing, helping an idiot is another. I tend to come to those conclusions pretty fast, maybe too fast,

The question for me is, have I set the tone in a negative way by tell one too many to publicly fuck off ?
I can relate to this. Pretty much how I've operated at work for the past few years. We got shit to build, I don't have time writing eloquent emails, and my coworkers don't have time to read em.

Reactions: deersniper
LL mean? An hahhahahahahhahahahaha...

dude puts up with more shit than a manure spreader in springtime. And let’s 99.999 percent of it slide off like a pro. Has anyone here really noted what it takes to get banned around here? Fucktardery at epic levels.

Whats the member count here now? Vs. the “I’m a whiny bitch banned by LL” count? About 1/10000 of a percent?

If he was mean, SH would have about 1600 members and LL would need a day job.

Mean? He is the biggest pussycat in this place. And I mean that as a Compliment.

Sirhr

dude puts up with more shit than a manure spreader in springtime. And let’s 99.999 percent of it slide off like a pro. Has anyone here really noted what it takes to get banned around here? Fucktardery at epic levels.

Whats the member count here now? Vs. the “I’m a whiny bitch banned by LL” count? About 1/10000 of a percent?

Mean? He is the biggest pussycat in this place. And I mean that as a Compliment.

Sirhr
The guy that posted before you has an idea or ten on how to get banned around here.

• Haha
Reactions: Barneybdb
There is a group of people here with deeply held convictions that are quite frankly abnormal. Kind of hard to know exactly what to say to someone who wants to hound you about something that you don't even really care about other then telling them to fuck off.

Sirhr
you feelin' OK ? :unsure: :whistle:

• Haha
Reactions: Barneybdb
There is a group of people here with deeply held convictions that are quite frankly abnormal. Kind of hard to know exactly what to say to someone who wants to hound you about something that you don't even really care about other then telling them to fuck off.
Everyone here has deeply held convictions of one sort or another. I think everyone has been shit on at one point. At a minimum. Even the mods. In the next thread you’ll probably be in agreement with the same dude. It happens.

Apparently I am very bad, mean is a word "some" out there are throwing around. I wouldn't say I was angry but they mentioned I might be getting a certain amount of glee from my bad attitude. That needs to be explored, is it just too entertain to troll someone ?

You sir, have an attitude problem and Dan, is gonna bring me down.

Had I known about the all the bad reviews online regarding my behavior I might have been apt to correct it, but really, it's too late now, I am set in my ways. too old, too tired, too full of not giving a shit.

The question becomes, when someone pops into SH and steps on their Dick right out of the gate, should we continue to mock and ridicule, or should we attempt to pick them up, brush them, and help them on their way?

That is really the questions, at what point does stepping on dick go too far, the point of ripping it off... well in a normal conversation I would it's pretty far down the line. In a public gun community that line I feel is a lot closer. Does the question even matter ...

is it being mean, or not suffering fools ?

These are the questions for today, as Dan is very upset he was banned, and will be going out of his way to make sure nobody ever uses SH again.

The End,
Well point, laugh, mock, then pick em up and dust em off, and set em right should work fine lol