• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

You dialed 911 for this.......WTF?!?!?!

G

I'm curious to hear other accounts of the stupid shit people have considered an "emergency" and wasted valuable time of EMS services.

Recently, IL has had snow, near 0 degree temperatures, rain and ice with unfavorable conditions still ahead. Knowing that, a local resident called the police because their internet was not working. They deemed it a "weather-related" emergency as they could not use radar/weather websites to know if it is safe to travel. Luckily, the dispatcher handled this situation quickly and efficiently.

I know i'm not alone here.

Re: You dialed 911 for this.......WTF?!?!?!

My favorite was when the ...Uhm....Lady called 911 because Mcdonalds was out of chicken nuggets.That was on the news.

We get about 50 a week from parents who can't control their six year old children and want us to do it for them.

Did you guys hear that one where the woman called in because she was locked INSIDE of her car, the car wouldn't start & she couldn't figure out how to get out. The poor dispatcher had to say, "Well, can't you just pull up on the lock?"

Actually, I went and found it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbX_I_lrmIc

Enjoy!

Wow....I remember hearing about that but thought it was more of an urban legend.

I had a prostitute call because her client refused to pay. "That man done stolt my pussy!" was her statement.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Insayn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a prostitute call because her client refused to pay. "That man done stolt my pussy!" was her statement.</div></div>

Ooh, man, that's classy!
laugh.gif
lol

I have a friend whom is an ambulance attendant. Her two "most ridiculous" calls (to which they actually attended) were:

A woman, who had a hangnail and it "really hurt"

and,

A woman, whom had just achieved her first orgasm. She thought she was broken.

Got a 911 call one night from a teen age girl who let her moms cat aout off the house and it got hit by a car. She was scared that her mom was going to get made at her. I later got called to a broke down vehicle in same area and when I arrived found out that it was same girl and she was on her way home from taking cat to the Emergency Department at the local Hospital when she ran out of gas.My dispatcher called and confirmed that she had taken the cat to the ER and left it for treatment.

We had a lady call in because she thought she had a poisonous spider in her house, and wanted us to come check. And yeah - dispatch sent an officer.

Yeah - people are dumb.

The Abrams would do live fires on the North border of the installation. Every time they started a training a cycle, this old lady would call us screaming to make us go tell them to stop. It was because the concussion was knocking her decorative plates off the wall. It was entertaining. You could almost set your watch by her phone calls.

I was once dispatched to a local motel in reference to a lady calling 911 because she was cold and her son wouldn't turn down the air conditioner.

Holy shit, I could write a book.

Lets see; stuck tampon; dude had no rubber so he wanted us to give his girl a "birth control shot" so they could get down; "out of vicodin" is always popular; stuck vibrator in ass... of a guy, and it was still running; "I smoked weed and now I am feeling weird"; "I pissed and shit myself and need someone to clean me up"; moron calling from the ER waiting room because he was tired of waiting.

I should have written down all the "good" ones. Theres been a bunch in 18 years.

Not specific to EMS calls as I take them all…

Whispering “There are mad scientists in the next room over from mine!”
Reply “How do you know they are mad scientists?”
Whispering “Because I can hear them snapping their gloves on!”

Dumbest one yet for me, we were toned out for a person locked in their car. It was a scorcher of a day well above 100 degrees, and she was panicking that she was getting "overheated" due to her car not being able to start (dead battery). Transversely, the dead battery rendered her automatic door locks inoperable, and she was unable to escape the sizzling death trap...

Lucky for her, she figured out that she could unlock her doors manually whilst we were en route and we were cancelled, which is a good thing b/c we were full on ready to laugh our asses off at this chick...

The cops came by the station and gave us the full story. Said she was in full on panic mode...

I can't make this shit up....

Just last evening on the national news, mind you, there was a story about a woman who called 911 because there was a grey squirrel in her toilet. (it was "something grey" to her)

That had to be a little funny when they rescued it and set it free. Kinda like a Chinese fire drill.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dumbest one yet for me, we were toned out for a person locked in their car. It was a scorcher of a day well above 100 degrees, and she was panicking that she was getting "overheated" due to her car not being able to start (dead battery). Transversely, the dead battery rendered her automatic door locks inoperable, and she was unable to escape the sizzling death trap...

Lucky for her, she figured out that she could unlock her doors manually whilst we were en route and we were cancelled, which is a good thing b/c we were full on ready to laugh our asses off at this chick...

The cops came by the station and gave us the full story. Said she was in full on panic mode...

I can't make this shit up.... </div></div>

This one in Kissimmee?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J-Ham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you guys hear that one where the woman called in because she was locked INSIDE of her car, the car wouldn't start & she couldn't figure out how to get out. The poor dispatcher had to say, "Well, can't you just pull up on the lock?"

Enjoy! </div></div>

I had a mentally unstable man call to tell us the aliens were sending messages to a device placed inside his head and wanted us to contact the Feds. My response was to make an aluminum foil shield to block the signals. Future calls showed him to have lined his house walls in foil and made an incredibly large foil helmet.

Untold numbers of "Bat Calls"..."There's a bat in my house!" and of course we would dispatch the fire department with their tennis racket....

I think the very best call I ever had was dispatching one of my ambulances for "a dead body in Oak Hill Cemetery" The response was a muffled "WTF?"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We get about 50 a week from parents who can't control their six year old children and want us to do it for them. </div></div>

In some defense of those parents, if they do lay a hand on the kids then you guys get the call to respond to child abuse calls.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Insayn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a mentally unstable man call to tell us the aliens were sending messages to a device placed inside his head and wanted us to contact the Feds. My response was to make an aluminum foil shield to block the signals. Future calls showed him to have lined his house walls in foil and made an incredibly large foil helmet. </div></div>

Insayn, you are my hero.

It didn't go through 911 dispatch but we got a call from a very distraught, very elderly woman whom was well known in the community. Her friggin' cat was up a tree in the front yard and wouldn't come down. She was literally in hysterical tears over it.

Yes, myself and an officer drove a truck out there, put a ladder up, and I actually went up and got the stupid cat down for her.

Despite being motivated by nothing other than feeling sorry for the old woman and wanting her to avoid a catastrophic cerebral hemorrhage, I've yet to live that one down.....

I was once dispatched to a residence of a sadly mentally unstable women reporting a basement full of ghosts. I went up to the door and knocked. She opened the door and said "They only sent ONE of you?" I said "Yes ma'am, I can take care of them. She screamed "There's hundreds of them!!" and slammed the door in my face.

Donnie

Isn't it <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">comforting </span></span></span></span> to know these people: <span style="font-size: 14pt"> </span> <span style="font-weight: bold"> </span> <span style="color: #3333FF"><span style="font-weight: bold">vote</span></span>

LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: operator j</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got a 911 call one night from a teen age girl who let her moms cat aout off the house and it got hit by a car. She was scared that her mom was going to get made at her. I later got called to a broke down vehicle in same area and when I arrived found out that it was same girl and she was on her way home from taking cat to the Emergency Department at the local Hospital when she ran out of gas.My dispatcher called and confirmed that she had taken the cat to the ER and left it for treatment. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pointblank4445</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dumbest one yet for me, we were toned out for a person locked in their car. It was a scorcher of a day well above 100 degrees, and she was panicking that she was getting "overheated" due to her car not being able to start (dead battery). Transversely, the dead battery rendered her automatic door locks inoperable, and she was unable to escape the sizzling death trap...

I can't make this shit up.... </div></div>

This one in Kissimmee?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J-Ham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you guys hear that one where the woman called in because she was locked INSIDE of her car, the car wouldn't start & she couldn't figure out how to get out. The poor dispatcher had to say, "Well, can't you just pull up on the lock?"

Enjoy! </div></div>
</div></div>

Oh no. This was in Gulf Shores Alabama... Apparently the chick in that recording doesn't hold the stupid crown all by herself...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dadzic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This one is even more elaborate. Wait till the end when he asks about the score of the Red Wings hockey game
smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrCqPaSm8TA&feature=related </div></div>
"Time is going by really really really really really really slow".... Quality

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fpdsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was once dispatched to a residence of a sadly mentally unstable women reporting a basement full of ghosts. I went up to the door and knocked. She opened the door and said "They only sent ONE of you?" I said "Yes ma'am, I can take care of them. She screamed "There's hundreds of them!!" and slammed the door in my face.

Donnie </div></div>

It's a good thing they sent a police sniper.
wink.gif

I've posted this here a few times in the past. Maybe it will make a few of you chuckle a little anyway.

Victor

Ambulance call…

In 1989 when I was taking the first of my EMT classes at the local community college I had to do “X” number of clinical work sessions. (I seem to remember something like 2, 8 hour shifts per month ) I remember one shift was at one of the local hospitals where a lot of surgeries were scheduled. My job for that day was to start the appropriate IV and secure the site on each patient. 99% of them as I recall got a single line, IV of Lactated Ringers. Under a nurse’s supervision, I think I started 50 or 60 IVs that day.

At other times I was assigned to “ride along” with a certain EMS units of Rural Metro in the greater Knoxville area. The first part of this particular shift was all down time. I amused myself by reading some of their run reports. I swear the following was a legitimate report, incident number, date and time stamped and everything. One of the paramedics that I was partnered with on this crew was on the crew that made the run mentioned here.

Christmas Eve a call came in that Doctor “X” had evidently had a heart attack and was unconscious on the living room floor.

Freeze frame and let me go back in time a few hours to a different narrative sheet that was attached to this report.

The good doctor and wife a few weeks ago had bought a live Christmas tree with the burlap wrapped root ball. They had been out at Christmas parties quiet heavily the past 2 days. At the last party that night, the good doctor had consumed at least his share of “party beverages” and had thrown up on himself. As they got home he decided he needed to shower before going to bed. As he prepared to get into the shower, his wife decided she needed to check the moisture content on the “root ball” of the Christmas tree. Having the tree inside the house for several days it had started to shed a few of its needles. As she loosened the burlap the bottom of the tree was wrapped in, a black snake came out and went under the sofa. She immediately screamed and went to get her inebriated husband who had finished undressing and was standing in his “all together” fixing to step into the tub. She came in all excited and demanded that right this minute he go down and remove the snake from the sofa. OK… he thought she was just playing a trick on him. When he got to the living room he saw the end of the snake as it moved under the sofa. With a flashlight and on his hands and knees looking under the sofa, the family German Sheppard, Gretchen, made her entrance. With the doctor more drunk than sober and on his hands and knees, she did what all dogs do when offered this opportunity. She walked up and stuck her cold wet nose to the doctor’s butt. His wife said he immediately passed out. She thought he was having a heart attack.

Now back to the time of the actual 911 call.

The call came in later evening time that there was a 40s male possible heart attack. The EMS crew rolls up on the scene running emergency traffic. Because of where the doctor and family live they have to climb about 3 short flights of stairs, for some reason 20 to 30 comes to mind. They carried an airway kit (with portable O2 tank), standard jump bag, and monitor strapped to the stretcher.

Upon their arrival they found the doctor still with a lower level of consciousness (possibly alcohol induced) and his wife was telling EVERYTHING that had happened in the last hour or so. They decided to transport the good doctor just in case and proceeded to get him strapped onto the stretcher and covered against the evening chill. Of the 3 straps on the stretcher it is pretty customary in our area to place the patient’s arms under the middle strap. But he insisted he wanted his arms out. As they were making their way out of the residence the snaked came out of the sofa and started for the door. Gretchen, being the wonderful family pet she was charged out of the door UNDER THE STRETCHER after the snake. The first paramedic was already outside the door on the front porch. As the dog hit the stretcher, the stretcher (with the doctor and his arms reaching for …something), dog, one of the paramedics and the snake went tumbling ass over elbows off the porch and down the steps.

It ended up they treated the doctor and one paramedic for various cuts and abrasions, splinted one of the doctor’s forearms for a possible fracture and transported him to the hospital closest to his location to get checked out and released.

I saw copies of this report with the doctor and crew information blacked out. But everyone in the area knew who the doctor with his arm in a cast was.

I think I’ve covered at least MOST of the comical occurrences of that particular evening. Or at least as well as my Swiss cheese memory lets me recall.

Merry Christmas everyone…!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We get about 50 a week from parents who can't control their six year old children and want us to do it for them. </div></div>

In some defense of those parents, if they do lay a hand on the kids then you guys get the call to respond to child abuse calls. </div></div>

I've been called for that many times as well. I usually ask the parents if they'd like me to hold the kids while they spank them. The kids who called 911 don't much like it but they seem to get the point.

If I started this job all over again, I'd have a tape recorder and a digital camera on every call. I'd have enough book fodder for several books...

Me and another officer (who was known to be a joker) were standing listening to a lady rant and rave because her daughter "was having sex with black boys"

Well, the other officer is standing there holding his flashlight (standard issue long black light) two handed down at waist level. Well as this woman is ranting, he is slowly pivoting the flashlight up so that he has this huge black flashlight boner.

She isnt noticing of course, Im about to sh&t myself and he is standing there with a slight smirk on his face.

Not *all* the nuts are on the 'other' side of the badge...

we had a lady call the cops on a local pizza joint becuase she wanted them to deliver a slice of pizza and they told her she has to get a whole pizza for that. she was about 73 years old i think and pissed needless to say after she called 4-5 times the cops did do somthing...............she was fined lol