• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

You have to see this

jevan126

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2012
My next Rifle is going to be a XS1 Precision Guided Firearm by TrackingPoint !!!!!!!!!!!

I played with one at SHOT this year and it was very very cool. But personally the 20K+ is going to be the biggest reason the rifle does not take off.

It does nothing for me personally. I could have more fun with a $600 gun and have the extra $$ for reloading/shooting goods as I only have to impress myself..

I played with one at SHOT this year and it was very very cool. But personally the 20K+ is going to be the biggest reason the rifle does not take off.

Maybe for the civilian market yes. But if this could be adopted by some LEO or Military units, it could sustain some life. I personally see this as a game changer. Sure you cannot rely on tech over skill development but this technology is only the beginning.

I watched the development of that rifle at my local range, best of the west, in liberty hill, TX.
I shot one of the 1st prototypes nearly a year and a half ago.. but couldn't talk about it or write any reviews.

The idea is fantastic, and I'm hoping to get one some day when.

I don't see it working the way they say. No way it can account for the things that happen after the sear breaks. Lock time(and any rifle movement during that time), muzzle brake pull off effect, torque effect, etc.

all that technology, but no anemometer. Probably the element exerting the most force on the projectile aside from gravity, and it is not addressed. Still a manual input. When they solve that equation, they might receive more favorable attention.

all that technology, but no anemometer. Probably the element exerting the most force on the projectile aside from gravity, and it is not addressed. Still a manual input. When they solve that equation, they might receive more favorable attention.

+1, that and extend the range.

However I see guys with Kestral's EVERY time I'm at the 1K line at BOTW in Libery Hill and becuase of the way the range is laid out I see a lot of them read it wrong.. becuase they are reading it at the line, not taking what's going on past the 750 yard berm - which I am convinced is a darn vortex. It's realy frustrating at times.

+1, that and extend the range.

However I see guys with Kestral's EVERY time I'm at the 1K line at BOTW in Libery Hill and becuase of the way the range is laid out I see a lot of them read it wrong.. becuase they are reading it at the line, not taking what's going on past the 750 yard berm - which I am convinced is a darn vortex. It's realy frustrating at times.

Just goes to show, even the best of equipment is only as good as the guy operating it. Funny you said that about your 750 yard berm. We have a stage in our COF's that comes out to about 725 yards. It seems nobody can touch that thing. We were trying to hit it during one comp, nobody was succeeding. Suddenly, a dirt devil kicks up right behind the target. Made us feel better about the misses! On the other hand, transition over to the 1K mark, hits no problem.

Just goes to show, even the best of equipment is only as good as the guy operating it. Funny you said that about your 750 yard berm. We have a stage in our COF's that comes out to about 725 yards. It seems nobody can touch that thing. We were trying to hit it during one comp, nobody was succeeding. Suddenly, a dirt devil kicks up right behind the target. Made us feel better about the misses! On the other hand, transition over to the 1K mark, hits no problem.

Yeah man, I know what you mean.. something like this happens between the 750 and 1000 yard berms when there is a quartering wind from L-R late in the afternoon at BOTW in Liberty Hill. I've seen it really stress very skilled shooters out. ;p