• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Your 2 favorite bags for PRS

Andrew863

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2018
Russellville KY
I am going to be shooting my first PRS style match next month. I have never done any positional shooting and need to get a couple bags to practice. If you had to pick 2 bags only what would they be? I have your regular rear bags in a few different sizes but I need the support bags. From my research I am considering the weibad fortune cookie and the pump pillow but i'm not dead set on either one and want some opinions. Thanks for any help I can get.

Either https://www.shortactionprecision.co...d-whiskey-charlie-mfc-sap-lightweight-edition if you want something lightweight

or

Is my favorite do-it-all bag. I use the lightweight one a lot. I'll probably sell my heavy one as it's usually too heavy for me to carry in my pack, if I'm going to be walking around a lot with it.

The other bag that I use is https://www.warhorsedevelopment.com/product-page/waxed-canvas-clede which has a little more flexibility on some barricades, but it's a bit pricier as well, also I don't like it as much as a dual rear bag.

I find the pump pillow generally a bit too small for my body and I use the cole-tac cuddle bag.

Either https://www.shortactionprecision.co...d-whiskey-charlie-mfc-sap-lightweight-edition if you want something lightweight

or

Is my favorite do-it-all bag. I use the lightweight one a lot. I'll probably sell my heavy one as it's usually too heavy for me to carry in my pack, if I'm going to be walking around a lot with it.

The other bag that I use is https://www.warhorsedevelopment.com/product-page/waxed-canvas-clede which has a little more flexibility on some barricades, but it's a bit pricier as well, also I don't like it as much as a dual rear bag.

I find the pump pillow generally a bit too small for my body and I use the cole-tac cuddle bag.
So the MFC bag is the size of the mini fortune cookie. Do you think that is a better size then the regular size one? Also kinda sounds like light weight is something you like over a heavy more stable bag or does the weight not help it be more stable?

So the MFC bag is the size of the mini fortune cookie. Do you think that is a better size then the regular size one? Also kinda sounds like light weight is something you like over a heavy more stable bag or does the weight not help it be more stable?

I have a heavy rifle, it sits into the bag pretty well and I don't really notice any issues when I switched between the heavy and the liteweight bag, so I just save weight.

I like the MFC Charlie's sticky arch much more than the gamechangers. I've had all the gamechangers, shmedium, og, sticky, but that non skid arch on the charlie MFC is the best imo. The fill from SAP is also very different than the one directly from Wiebad, and the texture of the material is different from SAP too.

Reactions: Big Don
I love the Wiebad MFC with heavy fill. Mine finally gave out after a few years, so I ordered the tater tot (MFC with heavy fill, but ~ 1.5" wider). I really like the added size, especially as a rear bag option.
I owned a pump pillow, but not any more. I didn't use it much, and you can usually borrow one for the few cases you might need it. Saves on space not carrying it around.
If weight is an issue/concern, I would go with the Armageddon Gear OG Waxed Canvas Gamechanger with Git-Lite fill. Almost as stable as the Wiebad, but way lighter. Plus its size makes it super versatile as an all around bad, especially for hunting.

Reactions: Ironman308
Ask other shooters in your squad if you can try theirs, I’ve need seen anyone not share a or let some try out a bag.
I like the Area419 shmedium, but I did let out a fair amount beads, it was to firm for me.

I had the shmedium, it's a good size, but I still like the SAP Charlie MFC with their non skid arch, and that special textured material they use. Really durable and nice to use.

I'm curious on trying the tater tot one day.

I had the shmedium, it's a good size, but I still like the SAP Charlie MFC with their non skid arch, and that special textured material they use. Really durable and nice to use.

I'm curious on trying the tater tot one day.
So does that SAP charlie MFC use different material the the forune cookie and that mini?

So does that SAP charlie MFC use different material the the forune cookie and that mini?

Yes. A waxed jean type material. "Special SAP Heavy Duty Textured Wax Canvas Edition!"

And the Charlie's all use the same non skid arch, that's only on the Charlie's and not the normal fortune / mini.

So what is the deal with the waxed canvas? A lot of people seem to be saying go with that verses a standard type of material they offer.

I have a lot of shooting bags. Tried many throughout the years.

Keeping it simple is best. Get one good rear bag (I like the precision underground ELR bag), and one barricade bag (my preference is the Wiebad mini fortune cookie).

Reactions: MakeSawdust
I think the sand filled Wiebad tater tot is hard to beat. I’d also order one with the poly bead fill to use in rainy conditions or if you prefer more flexibility in a rear bag. I’ve always been a fan of the wax canvas game changer as well, but I like the material a bit better on the Wiebad stuff.

If you don't have a rear bag, you should get one just to practice proper fundamentals in prone.

I like TAB Gear rear bags, and a Game Changer. I won't carry other bags. Pump pillows are cool occasionally, but suck carrying around with all of your other crap.

Just signed up for my first competition for an NRL22 match. Impatiently patiently waiting for my sticky pint size game changer to show up. As a newbie, looking at bags can get overwhelming dry fast

My bags aren't as widely known, but used by a lot of people out there.

The Mini Tacky and an ultralight pillow bag is what I take to matches and hunting. You don't need a big bag or sand. Its soft on hard that is critical.

My bags come with durable rubberized nylon on the top and bottom.

Www.thunderbirdlongrange.com

Reactions: littlepod
My bags aren't as widely known, but used by a lot of people out there.

The Mini Tacky and an ultralight pillow bag is what I take to matches and hunting. You don't need a big bag or sand. Its soft on hard that is critical.

My bags come with durable rubberized nylon on the top and bottom.

Www.thunderbirdlongrange.com
Do you make a pillow bag?

AG Schmedium and my Traust large pillow bag...

And the best part is someone always has a Schmedium so I don't need to haul mine on the trail!!!! WINNING! lol

hereinaz: I ordered your hunting set (small positional style bag and rear bag) with git lite....AWESOME!!! I will take on all hunting trips!

Reactions: littlepod
Shooting my first match in a few months. Kind of in analysis paralysis with all these bags. Have a few rear bags I have used for decades but nothing for real positional shooting off barricades.

Kind of narrowed it down to these two:

Smedium Game Changer

and

Large Fat Bag

Thoughts?

Shooting my first match in a few months. Kind of in analysis paralysis with all these bags. Have a few rear bags I have used for decades but nothing for real positional shooting off barricades.

Kind of narrowed it down to these two:

Smedium Game Changer

and

Large Fat Bag

Thoughts?
Yep. All I use these days, I don’t even being the pillow anymore find it just slows me down. And on a stage that it’s really helpful (roof top maybe) I just borrow one since everyone else has one...

Yep. All I use these days, I don’t even being the pillow anymore find it just slows me down. And on a stage that it’s really helpful (roof top maybe) I just borrow one since everyone else has one...
What about the Get lite fill?

Not trying to win anything just have a good time and develop skills. Would be ever better if gear could pull double duty for Elk season.

Not going to haul a 9lb sandbag around if I dont have to.

Not trying to win anything just have a good time and develop skills. Would be ever better if gear could pull double duty for Elk season.

I think the sand is a little more solid for shooting small targets like in PRS, BUT, the poly bead / git lite fill will save weight and is plenty stable for hunting. The synthetic fills also do better in rain, the sand tends to soak it up and turn into a brick, I still bring one to matches that have a chance of rain. IMO, the best hunting bag would be something like this. Only 1 lb.

1614106721770.png

Get the SAP version, it's much better.

I stopped carrying the heavy one and bought the lighter one. I leave the heavy one at home to dry fire practice with..

What are the differences between the fortune cookie and Gamechanger? It looks like they make 20 different versions, hard to keep track of all this shit.

Want something that is just good all around, hunting, matches and fieldshooting.

It rains ALOT here so waterproofing would be helpfull. Although my hunting spot just 3 hours away is dry as shit.

Here's a photo of the fortune cookie, shmedium, and clede all together -

I've been using the Clede the most.. as it's versatile for everything. Logs / trees / cattlegates / tank traps etc. I have the Clede with git-lite, 1.5lbs and does basically everything. There are some very specific things I'll use the fortune cookie for, as it's more stable on say a cattlegate, or a sawhorse since it's sticky and just grips it solid. The stickyness factor also works for the side of the tank trap leg where it won't slide.

1614110843407.png

Reactions: CrabsandFootball
Im starting to get the idea they come out with all this shit just to get people to buy new shit every season.

It is true... Everyone has their own preferences, so just play with people's shit. I didn't have anyone shooting precision matches near me as all the matches are 2-4 hrs away, so I bought a lot of used stuff on here.

Im starting to get the idea they come out with all this shit just to get people to buy new shit every season.
So I'm new at this but have been doing alot of research and it seems every year there is some new must have bags and it's the same in scopes and guns. Use to be the carbon stocks, then chassis, now going back to the stocks made with different materials. But I don't blame the companies. If people keep giving out money, keep making crap they don't need. Lol look at golf every new club claims you will hit 3-5 yards further. These guys should hit a mile at this point lol

Last edited:

Get lit works nice to, i have a pint size in it.

It's a little less stable in the pintsize, but in a shmedium bag it probably work well.

Would you guys say its worth buying the 419 railchanger version?

Im pretty much set on a smedium with go lite fill.

I would. Gives you the option to run the railchanger plate if you choose in the future.

I had the railchanger-x with the shmedium-x and the clede-x. I kept the clede-x. But the shmedium is good too, I just preferred the clede.

I am not a fan of that system.

I find on barricades I much rather set the bag with my hand so i can turn/pinch it/adjust it so it settles nicely. With the railchanger sometimes the tips don't wanna wrap around and it's annoying to fuss with when it's mounted to the rifle.

I am not a fan of that system.

I find on barricades I much rather set the bag with my hand so i can turn/pinch it/adjust it so it settles nicely. With the railchanger sometimes the tips don't wanna wrap around and it's annoying to fuss with when it's mounted to the rifle.

Agree! I generally don't run attached since it's more stable to place the bag and then rifle so you can pan/pitch w/o having the bag move. But there have been stages that time/movement is more important and I've run it attached a few times.

Ok cool.

So a waxed OG Smedium direct from AG may be the best bet then. Going to go with the lite fill so i can take it elk hunting as well.