Your 2 favorite bags for PRS

Andrew863

Private
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2018
I am going to be shooting my first PRS style match next month. I have never done any positional shooting and need to get a couple bags to practice. If you had to pick 2 bags only what would they be? I have your regular rear bags in a few different sizes but I need the support bags. From my research I am considering the weibad fortune cookie and the pump pillow but i'm not dead set on either one and want some opinions. Thanks for any help I can get.

littlepod

Supporter
PX Member
Minuteman
  • Oct 16, 2012
    Kirkland, WA
    instagram.com
    Either https://www.shortactionprecision.co...d-whiskey-charlie-mfc-sap-lightweight-edition if you want something lightweight

or

Is my favorite do-it-all bag. I use the lightweight one a lot. I'll probably sell my heavy one as it's usually too heavy for me to carry in my pack, if I'm going to be walking around a lot with it.

The other bag that I use is https://www.warhorsedevelopment.com/product-page/waxed-canvas-clede which has a little more flexibility on some barricades, but it's a bit pricier as well, also I don't like it as much as a dual rear bag.

I find the pump pillow generally a bit too small for my body and I use the cole-tac cuddle bag.

Andrew863

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 21, 2018
    Either https://www.shortactionprecision.co...d-whiskey-charlie-mfc-sap-lightweight-edition if you want something lightweight

or

Is my favorite do-it-all bag. I use the lightweight one a lot. I'll probably sell my heavy one as it's usually too heavy for me to carry in my pack, if I'm going to be walking around a lot with it.

The other bag that I use is https://www.warhorsedevelopment.com/product-page/waxed-canvas-clede which has a little more flexibility on some barricades, but it's a bit pricier as well, also I don't like it as much as a dual rear bag.

I find the pump pillow generally a bit too small for my body and I use the cole-tac cuddle bag.
    So the MFC bag is the size of the mini fortune cookie. Do you think that is a better size then the regular size one? Also kinda sounds like light weight is something you like over a heavy more stable bag or does the weight not help it be more stable?

littlepod

Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Oct 16, 2012
    Kirkland, WA
    instagram.com
    So the MFC bag is the size of the mini fortune cookie. Do you think that is a better size then the regular size one? Also kinda sounds like light weight is something you like over a heavy more stable bag or does the weight not help it be more stable?

I have a heavy rifle, it sits into the bag pretty well and I don't really notice any issues when I switched between the heavy and the liteweight bag, so I just save weight.

I like the MFC Charlie's sticky arch much more than the gamechangers. I've had all the gamechangers, shmedium, og, sticky, but that non skid arch on the charlie MFC is the best imo. The fill from SAP is also very different than the one directly from Wiebad, and the texture of the material is different from SAP too.

Hoyt7mm

Bow Shooter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Apr 6, 2017
    Wisco
    I love the Wiebad MFC with heavy fill. Mine finally gave out after a few years, so I ordered the tater tot (MFC with heavy fill, but ~ 1.5" wider). I really like the added size, especially as a rear bag option.
    I owned a pump pillow, but not any more. I didn't use it much, and you can usually borrow one for the few cases you might need it. Saves on space not carrying it around.
    If weight is an issue/concern, I would go with the Armageddon Gear OG Waxed Canvas Gamechanger with Git-Lite fill. Almost as stable as the Wiebad, but way lighter. Plus its size makes it super versatile as an all around bad, especially for hunting.

Reactions: Ironman308

littlepod

Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Oct 16, 2012
    Kirkland, WA
    instagram.com
    I had the shmedium, it's a good size, but I still like the SAP Charlie MFC with their non skid arch, and that special textured material they use. Really durable and nice to use.

I'm curious on trying the tater tot one day.

Andrew863

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 21, 2018
    I had the shmedium, it's a good size, but I still like the SAP Charlie MFC with their non skid arch, and that special textured material they use. Really durable and nice to use.

I'm curious on trying the tater tot one day.
    So does that SAP charlie MFC use different material the the forune cookie and that mini?

littlepod

Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Oct 16, 2012
    Kirkland, WA
    instagram.com
    So does that SAP charlie MFC use different material the the forune cookie and that mini?

Yes. A waxed jean type material. "Special SAP Heavy Duty Textured Wax Canvas Edition!"

And the Charlie's all use the same non skid arch, that's only on the Charlie's and not the normal fortune / mini.

Andrew863

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 21, 2018
    So what is the deal with the waxed canvas? A lot of people seem to be saying go with that verses a standard type of material they offer.

kthomas

Sergeant
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jun 17, 2009
    Tucson, AZ
    I have a lot of shooting bags. Tried many throughout the years.

Keeping it simple is best. Get one good rear bag (I like the precision underground ELR bag), and one barricade bag (my preference is the Wiebad mini fortune cookie).

Reactions: MakeSawdust

lte82

Shooter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Mar 12, 2013
    I think the sand filled Wiebad tater tot is hard to beat. I’d also order one with the poly bead fill to use in rainy conditions or if you prefer more flexibility in a rear bag. I’ve always been a fan of the wax canvas game changer as well, but I like the material a bit better on the Wiebad stuff.

Andrew863

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 21, 2018
    I ended up getting the game changer and might get either the pint size or mini fortune cookie also.

Skg_Mre_Lght

Sergeant
    Supporter
    PX Member
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Dec 14, 2010
    WY, USA
    If you don't have a rear bag, you should get one just to practice proper fundamentals in prone.

I like TAB Gear rear bags, and a Game Changer. I won't carry other bags. Pump pillows are cool occasionally, but suck carrying around with all of your other crap.

TirednLost

Private
    Minuteman
    Mar 12, 2020
    Just signed up for my first competition for an NRL22 match. Impatiently patiently waiting for my sticky pint size game changer to show up. As a newbie, looking at bags can get overwhelming dry fast

hereinaz

Thunderbird Long Range -- proprietor
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Commercial Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Mar 7, 2018
    Arizona
    My bags aren't as widely known, but used by a lot of people out there.

The Mini Tacky and an ultralight pillow bag is what I take to matches and hunting. You don't need a big bag or sand. Its soft on hard that is critical.

My bags come with durable rubberized nylon on the top and bottom.

Www.thunderbirdlongrange.com

Reactions: littlepod

Nate60x

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Apr 3, 2018
    My bags aren't as widely known, but used by a lot of people out there.

The Mini Tacky and an ultralight pillow bag is what I take to matches and hunting. You don't need a big bag or sand. Its soft on hard that is critical.

My bags come with durable rubberized nylon on the top and bottom.

Www.thunderbirdlongrange.com
    Do you make a pillow bag?

Swoodhouse19

Match Director
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Nov 13, 2017
    Cali
    AG Schmedium and my Traust large pillow bag...

And the best part is someone always has a Schmedium so I don't need to haul mine on the trail!!!! WINNING! lol

Swoodhouse19

Match Director
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Nov 13, 2017
    Cali
    hereinaz: I ordered your hunting set (small positional style bag and rear bag) with git lite....AWESOME!!! I will take on all hunting trips!

Reactions: littlepod

CrabsandFootball

Major Hide Member
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Apr 28, 2020
    Shooting my first match in a few months. Kind of in analysis paralysis with all these bags. Have a few rear bags I have used for decades but nothing for real positional shooting off barricades.

Kind of narrowed it down to these two:

Smedium Game Changer

and

Large Fat Bag

Thoughts?

Mk32784

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Aug 1, 2017
    Shooting my first match in a few months. Kind of in analysis paralysis with all these bags. Have a few rear bags I have used for decades but nothing for real positional shooting off barricades.

Kind of narrowed it down to these two:

Smedium Game Changer

and

Large Fat Bag

Thoughts?
    Yep. All I use these days, I don’t even being the pillow anymore find it just slows me down. And on a stage that it’s really helpful (roof top maybe) I just borrow one since everyone else has one...

CrabsandFootball

Major Hide Member
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Apr 28, 2020
    Yep. All I use these days, I don’t even being the pillow anymore find it just slows me down. And on a stage that it’s really helpful (roof top maybe) I just borrow one since everyone else has one...
    What about the Get lite fill?

Not trying to win anything just have a good time and develop skills. Would be ever better if gear could pull double duty for Elk season.

Not going to haul a 9lb sandbag around if I dont have to.

lte82

Shooter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Mar 12, 2013

Not trying to win anything just have a good time and develop skills. Would be ever better if gear could pull double duty for Elk season.

I think the sand is a little more solid for shooting small targets like in PRS, BUT, the poly bead / git lite fill will save weight and is plenty stable for hunting. The synthetic fills also do better in rain, the sand tends to soak it up and turn into a brick, I still bring one to matches that have a chance of rain. IMO, the best hunting bag would be something like this. Only 1 lb.

1614106721770.png

littlepod

Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Oct 16, 2012
    Kirkland, WA
    instagram.com
    Get the SAP version, it's much better.

I stopped carrying the heavy one and bought the lighter one. I leave the heavy one at home to dry fire practice with..

CrabsandFootball

Major Hide Member
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Apr 28, 2020
    What are the differences between the fortune cookie and Gamechanger? It looks like they make 20 different versions, hard to keep track of all this shit.

Want something that is just good all around, hunting, matches and fieldshooting.

It rains ALOT here so waterproofing would be helpfull. Although my hunting spot just 3 hours away is dry as shit.

littlepod

Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Oct 16, 2012
    Kirkland, WA
    instagram.com
    Here's a photo of the fortune cookie, shmedium, and clede all together -

I've been using the Clede the most.. as it's versatile for everything. Logs / trees / cattlegates / tank traps etc. I have the Clede with git-lite, 1.5lbs and does basically everything. There are some very specific things I'll use the fortune cookie for, as it's more stable on say a cattlegate, or a sawhorse since it's sticky and just grips it solid. The stickyness factor also works for the side of the tank trap leg where it won't slide.

1614110843407.png

Reactions: CrabsandFootball

CrabsandFootball

Major Hide Member
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Apr 28, 2020
    Im starting to get the idea they come out with all this shit just to get people to buy new shit every season.

Reactions: 47guy

littlepod

Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Oct 16, 2012
    Kirkland, WA
    instagram.com
    Im starting to get the idea they come out with all this shit just to get people to buy new shit every season.

It is true... Everyone has their own preferences, so just play with people's shit. I didn't have anyone shooting precision matches near me as all the matches are 2-4 hrs away, so I bought a lot of used stuff on here.

Andrew863

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 21, 2018
    So I'm new at this but have been doing alot of research and it seems every year there is some new must have bags and it's the same in scopes and guns. Use to be the carbon stocks, then chassis, now going back to the stocks made with different materials. But I don't blame the companies. If people keep giving out money, keep making crap they don't need. Lol look at golf every new club claims you will hit 3-5 yards further. These guys should hit a mile at this point lol

Last edited:

Mk32784

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Aug 1, 2017

Get lit works nice to, i have a pint size in it.

It's a little less stable in the pintsize, but in a shmedium bag it probably work well.