• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Your best .338LM loads.

Sumpter Steve

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2006
Gresham, Oregon
Please share them with me. I've decided to have GAP build me a .338 and now I'm trying to round up some components for reloading. Your recipe's will be appreciated. Steve.

Re: Your best .338LM loads.

I have 2 rifles in 338 Lapua, Sako TRG-42,and a Rem 700p MLR. I use the Remington when I go to my fathers in Idaho for hunting. I'll give you my loads for both guns, but remember each rifle is different. What works in mine might not work on yours.

Remingtom:
Hornady brass
Fed mag primer
Sierra 225 soft point
83.0 IMR-4350/88.0 IMR-7828SSC
1 1/2 moa at 200yrds
Sako:
Lapua brass
Fed mag primer
Seirra 300 SMK
78.0 H4831
3/4" or less at 200yrds

Lapua brass
fed mag primer
Lapua 250 lock base
83.0 H 4831
1-1 1/2" at 200yrds havent used this load that much.

Steve
There are plenty recipes under the heading "Reloading Depot". Just right under the this very section's heading. You should find a variety there. Also, I would try the 1000+ yards section.

FWIW, My load is for AIAWSM 338LM with 94.5 grains of RL25 for the 250 grains scenars, Fed 215M. Lapua brass, COAL at 3.600". Be careful, it's a hot load.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Steve
There are plenty recipes under the heading "Reloading Depot". Just right under the this very section's heading. You should find a variety there. Also, I would try the 1000+ yards section.

FWIW, My load is for AIAWSM 338LM with 94.5 grains of RL25 for the 250 grains scenars, Fed 215M. Lapua brass, COAL at 3.600". Be careful, it's a hot load. </div></div>

Thanks guys. I looked and "searched" for the info to no avail. Thanks for the link and the help. Steve.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sumpter Steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please share them with me. I've decided to have GAP build me a .338 and now I'm trying to round up some components for reloading. Your recipe's will be appreciated. Steve. </div></div>

UH OH!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sumpter Steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please share them with me. I've decided to have GAP build me a .338 and now I'm trying to round up some components for reloading. Your recipe's will be appreciated. Steve. </div></div>

UH OH! </div></div>

Whatever you do don't tell Jen. She will shit!!! LOL.