• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Your Favorite 10/22 Barrel?

Re: Your Favorite 10/22 Barrel?

I have a Kidd and it loves Wolf Match. It shoots CCI Mini Mags just fine but my groupd tightened up when I shot the Wolf

I have consistently had the best service from my 10/22 rifles with Shilen barrels. I prefer the 20", 0.920 diameter, 1:16 twist, Bentz-chamber barrels. I have run everything from the best match-grade stuff to bulk plinking ammo and it has eaten everything without a hiccup and is just scary accurate with match ammo.

I like Kidd.

100 yards:

ontarget1.jpg

ontarget2.jpg

Volquartsen THM carbon fiber. Very light. My first was a 16.5" with comp. My second was for a suppressed SBR build - using a 12" barrel custom threaded 1/2x28 and chambered for CCI Green Tag.

Hogue stock and AAC Element can, the whole thing weighs 4.5 pounds sans scope. Shoots 1" at 100 yards if the wind is light and I'm doing my part.

I have a Volquartsen compensated that is just a laser. It is on an older Volquartsen built rifle, the Sniper or something like that I think is it's name.

from what I have seen I like the tactical solutions heavy threaded barrel had a green mountain and it was horrible

Simply love my KIDD 16" Fluted SS - best 5 shot group of .608" at 100 with SK match ammo.

I have a Carbon Fiber Wrapped Volquartsen and its an awsome shooter for such a light barrel. Amazing

KIDD 20" Match - 50 yard targets.

Top 2 targets are 10 rounds... the rest are 5:

2723164005_large.jpg

I purchased a combo kit with a Fajen Thumbhole Sporter stock along with an Adams & Bennett barrel.
273565-large.jpg

Got it for the stock and planned on replacing the barrel with a Kidd or VQ Tension barrel as funds permitted.
10-22_TgtGfx.jpg

Never have changed out the barrel and since it shoots groups like these consistently, don't see much sense in doing so.

Bedding, bolt truing, and a trigger job have a significant impact as well...

I don't have it assembled yet, but after hearing good things about Kidd I am using one of their barrels for my current 10/22 build.

A fluted Whistle Pig barrel has done quite well for me. Even the 16 incher is a tack driver.

Are the Tactical Solution barrels worth the $200? Kinda like the blue one, guess i have a weakness for shiny blue things.
whistle.gif

I just replaced my 16.5" TacSol with an 18" Kidd... world of difference, especially at distance. Was shooting it at 200 and 300 yards today. It's not far behind my Lilja equipped custom Quad. The TacSol always had vertical flyers at 200 and 300 regardless of what ammo I tried.

Whistle Pigs have been shooting great for me out to 275 yards.
They open up quite a bit past 330. It could be me though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kombayotch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just replaced my 16.5" TacSol with an 18" Kidd... world of difference, especially at distance. Was shooting it at 200 and 300 yards today. It's not far behind my Lilja equipped custom Quad. The TacSol always had vertical flyers at 200 and 300 regardless of what ammo I tried.</div></div>

My 10/22 with KID barrel actually shoots a little better than my Quad with a Lilja barrel.

I am hoping that replacing the crappy plastic Quad stock and bedding it will fix that.

My favorite is Lilja

Kidd light weight for me. It's more of a middle weight at 2lbs, but it's awesome. Just like everything else that Tony makes.