• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Your favorite target bullet and brand?

I’ll bite

Flat base for 200 and under. Fuller is a match winning custom mfg. Most accurate and bc doesn’t matter that close
EELR solids, can’t beat the consistency and bc
Mid ranges...a thousand choices. A lot depends on what your rifle and cartridge combo like best.

Both 308 win and 300WM can use the same bullet but different weights.
So it pends on several factors.

Every bullet maker makes a high/match grade bullet Line
Higher dollar boxes usually have less deviation in weight from bullet to bullet in the same box, as a rule.
Some bullets have better bc/specs but if they don’t shoot well in your rifle...who cares

Just look at different styles of competition shooting, the are many brands.

I’ll bite

Flat base for 200 and under. Fuller is a match winning custom mfg. Most accurate and bc doesn’t matter that close
EELR solids, can’t beat the consistency and bc
Mid ranges...a thousand choices. A lot depends on what your rifle and cartridge combo like best.

Both 308 win and 300WM can use the same bullet but different weights.
So it pends on several factors.

Every bullet maker makes a high/match grade bullet Line
Higher dollar boxes usually have less deviation in weight from bullet to bullet in the same box, as a rule.
Some bullets have better bc/specs but if they don’t shoot well in your rifle...who cares

Just look at different styles of competition shooting, the are many brands.
Yes I agree I have fallen in love with the new eldm bullets from hornady

I don't shoot benchrest, so if it's capable of 1/2 moa it works.

So I general grab Hornady because they work and they're decently priced.

Berger's usually work, but are an extra $10+ per box. It adds up and I don't know that they have any real advantage unless your particular barrel loves them.

I've bought piles of Noslers over the years and always had good luck with their ballistic tips.

Sierra's are my go-to in certain situations where I have a barrel that's not liking others it will almost always shoot match Kings.

I don't shoot benchrest, so if it's capable of 1/2 moa it works.

So I general grab Hornady because they work and they're decently priced.

Berger's usually work, but are an extra $10+ per box. It adds up and I don't know that they have any real advantage unless your particular barrel loves them.

I've bought piles of Noslers over the years and always had good luck with their ballistic tips.

Sierra's are my go-to in certain situations where I have a barrel that's not liking others it will almost always shoot match Kings.
I have heard seirra new bullets had some inconsistency box to box

Reactions: lennyo3034
If a barrel can’t shoot SMK (not the tipped ones)...it’s works better as a boat anchor
They aren’t the best spec or consistency but the old school football still does ok

Hornady has really stepped up there game with there new target bullets. I would love to try the new A-tip but cost so much for a box

Reactions: garandman
The old saying...how fast do you want to go...how much do you want to spend

Reactions: OG10
Berger got /gets sub half moa for me in 338 Norma Mag and 6.5 CM.

And hopefully soon in 224 V.

140 vid in creedmoor? Whats your speed with those?
140 Berger Hybrid Target @ 2740+.

SMK’s- kinda behind the times but they still shoot.

Berger hybrids-consistent and effective.

Hornandy ELD-m’s-my current favorite, good price, great accuracy and plenty consistent at distance.

I shoot Berger Hybrids in everything: 6BRA, 6.5 Creedmoor, .300NM.

Super easy to develop loads for, and they've shot the smallest groups for me.

Reactions: garandman
SMK’s- kinda behind the times but they still shoot.

Berger hybrids-consistent and effective.

Hornandy ELD-m’s-my current favorite, good price, great accuracy and plenty consistent at distance.
Yes eldm very good so far shot the 180 eldm to a mile and very consitant

I shoot Berger Hybrids in everything: 6BRA, 6.5 Creedmoor, .300NM.

Super easy to develop loads for, and they've shot the smallest groups for me.

I never got groups with hybrids like with eld’s or SMK’s but I do think they’re seem more consistent at distance.

Yes, they definitely aren’t finicky.

But I’m cheap and the ELD’s are good enough especially for the price.

SMK, but just because both my rifles have a 1:12 twist. At least I don't need different ammo for each rifle.

I never got groups with hybrids like with eld’s or SMK’s but I do think they’re seem more consistent at distance.

Yes, they definitely aren’t finicky.

But I’m cheap and the ELD’s are good enough especially for the price.
Eld are priced so much better

I'll play, though I gotta say this seems like a way for OP to hit the 100 post minimum for the PX

In my 6.5 Creedmoor, I've tried probably ten or so different bullets from Hornady, Nosler, Berger, Sierra, Barnes, etc., over the years, but none have ever made me stray far from the Hornady AMAX/ELDM or the BTHP Match. The BTHP isn't as sexy as the ELDM, but those damn things just shoot! And they're a whopping $21/100

Call me old school, but I still shoot the 175 SMK in my 308 and the 210 SMK in my 300 WM because they both just shoot!

My Dasher gets either the 105 Hybrid or the 107 SMK

25 Creedmoor shoots the 131s

6 Creedmoor gets either the Berger 115s or the DTACs

Reactions: b6graham
I'll play, though I gotta say this seems like a way for OP to hit the 100 post minimum for the PX

In my 6.5 Creedmoor, I've tried probably ten or so different bullets from Hornady, Nosler, Berger, Sierra, Barnes, etc., over the years, but none have ever made me stray far from the Hornady AMAX/ELDM or the BTHP Match. The BTHP isn't as sexy as the ELDM, but those damn things just shoot! And they're a whopping $21/100

Call me old school, but I still shoot the 175 SMK in my 308 and the 210 SMK in my 300 WM because they both just shoot!

25 creedmoor? 131 that looks interesting? My dad is a huge 25 cal fan what bullets are the 131

If I wanted to sell something fast I could go to other places and sell it right away. I do like talking about different bullets and scopes ECT.

I have heard seirra new bullets had some inconsistency box to box
If you're weighing every bullet and putting every one in a comparator they ALL have inconsistency lot to lot, period. Not the first thread to bash Sierra bullets.

I shoot them because boxes of 500 are never on back order and they are cheap compared to the others.

I shot the 6mm, 107s and never had a complaint, but then I don't weigh or compare...I just load.

Then I switched to the longer 110s with even better results.

I don't believe that Bergers or boutique bullets are going to get me more impacts, and therefore I'm not paying for them. I'll keep buying the Sierras in bulk and being very happy with my precision and the cost.

This year I haven't gotten out much at all, but in the past when I've gone through a few boxes and a few barrels in a season it has made a difference.

If you're weighing every bullet and putting every one in a comparator they ALL have inconsistency lot to lot, period. Not the first thread to bash Sierra bullets.

I shoot them because boxes of 500 are never on back order and they are cheap compared to the others.

I shot the 6mm, 107s and never had a complaint, but then I don't weigh or compare...I just load.

Then I switched to the longer 110s with even better results.

I don't believe that Bergers or boutique bullets are going to get me more impacts, and therefore I'm not paying for them. I'll keep buying the Sierras in bulk and being very happy with my precision and the cost.

This year I haven't gotten out much at all, but in the past when I've gone through a few boxes and a few barrels in a season it has made a difference.
Sorry reffering to the 183 7mm bullet I have heard there was some play with them and steered me away from them not bashing at all

R16.
I was able to get awfully close to 2900 with them but backed down to a nice flat spot with awesome SD.
Wow thats smoking. I just switched to h1000 was using reloader 26 but it dried up can't get any

Wow thats smoking. I just switched to h1000 was using reloader 26 but it dried up can't get any
It’s a long throated 260 loaded long with roomy brass.

Seeing as I’m over a grain below where I found pressure this load should be quite trouble free.

Someday I’ll try R26.