• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Your most important shot,,

When my wife goes shooting with me, she always complains that her shooting gets worse the longer she shoots.
Often times her first shot is a bullseye or at least in the 10 ring.
I have to remind her that the first shot is the most important one to get right.

Doesn't stop her from running off all the ammo I can provide, though.

Joe

They are important....

Attachments

• cold bore (2).jpg
    cold bore (2).jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 13
  • AIAE2.jpg
    AIAE2.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 15
I'm pretty sure it's a tetanus shot, but yeah, that runs a close second.

love the enfield...............i just love them.......love the L42 because it looks and operates like an enfield,,,oh did i mention i love enfields....mine is not near as nice as MJ1"s , very nice looking rifle.

i want one now...

love the enfield...............i just love them.......love the L42 because it looks and operates like an enfield,,,oh did i mention i love enfields....mine is not near as nice as MJ1"s , very nice looking rifle.

i want one now...

Better start saving. Last time I checked on these, they command more $$ than a full tilt custom.

Super cool though. Love the detailing H&H did to each of them.

Funny how that goes isn't it?

If I bring 500 rounds, she'll run 500 rounds that day. She has no concept what it costs nor does she want to know when it's her turn to shoot. Lol

When my wife goes shooting with me, she always complains that her shooting gets worse the longer she shoots.
I have to remind her that the first shot is the most important one to get right.

Joe

My last shot is irrelevant.

My most important shot is my next shot.

If your first had been more important your second would not have been needed and then irrelevant . ;) LOL

Last edited:

Joe

Fortunately, Joe, my wife is content to shoot the best shots she can, not the biggest volume. We went to the range last weekend, and she shot only 40 rounds from her AR. She got 38 of them in the red oval on the dirty-bird silhouette target. That is from 100 yards. She says it's time to graduate to the 300 yard-----I suggested 200 first, and she said,"yeah, that's what I mean." Anyway, she is doing real good at her shooting, and I will definitely keep her in ammo.

My wife has practically no interest in rifles.
She will blast away with her Firestorm .380, Ruger GP100 .357 mag (running .38 Special+Ps) and her latest acquisition, a Sig P220 (.45 ACP) for hours, though.
I don't mind much; I like reloading and am happy that she is comfortable with whatever she picks up that day, as it may save her life one day.

Joe

So we went from the quality of cold shots to two buddies chatting about the wives burning ammo. WELL DONE girls.

Don't let us interrupt you with silly topical chat.. LOL

Seriously?
Most of the responses (including one of your own) have NOTHING to do with your topic.
Count your blessings, if we weren't keeping it alive, it would be dead now.
Tool.

Joe

So we went from the quality of cold shots to two buddies chatting about the wives burning ammo. WELL DONE girls.

Don't let us interrupt you with silly topical chat.. LOL

Sorry to offend you, but most of the discussion previously was about the nice Lee Enfield rifle, not the cold bore shot. I happen to agree with you that the cold bore shot is the most important, as it is the first attempt to hit a target, and might be the only one you get. However, you might just chastise the others on here while you are at it, as there are more posts about the rifle than there are about the targets you posted. The targets are pretty good, I might add.

Now everyone, back to the original post----Oh, I guess we covered that all ready.

Seriously?
Most of the responses (including one of your own) have NOTHING to do with your topic.
Count your blessings, if we weren't keeping it alive, it would be dead now.
Tool.

Joe

Don't do me any favors gents. I was giving your girls a well done but if your so thin skinned oh well. My reply involved the point my girls go through a lot of powder also. Have a nice day.

Last edited: