• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Your "Non Lethal" Weapon of choice (when you can't use a "lethal" one)

Fenix UC35V2.0 flashlight on 1000 lumen strobe or PD35V3 on 1700 lumen strobe, along with a "YO!!!" if necessary.

Love the dual control tailcap main switch + upper selection button 18650 platform and I've always stuck with them even though much more powerful, but also bulkier 21700 fueled 10,000+ lumen photon cannons have been available for years now. 1000 to 2000 lumens is already stupid powerful bright for most situations, like knock a crackhead on his ass bright. If I am working on something with the unit running on 50 lumens and I suddenly need to strobe somebody far off to warn them of active vehicle movement or let a potential trespasser know that they've been spotted and get off shop property, hold down the upper mode selection switch and you instantly got turbo mode on strobe, release and I am back on 50 lumen work mode. And 18650 platforms are dual fuel, meaning I can use a high cap rechargeable battery with insane MAH, or in an emergency switch to two CR123 cells that I always keep on my belt next to the light at all times...
I have two PD35 flashlights, and have used them for years. I just got my wife two for Christmas. We use them every day for something. They are great flashlights. Take those crappy batteries out that come with it, and put the Nitecore 3500 mAH batteries in it. These batteries make a great flashlight even better.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
Another concern is why your neighbor doesn’t want your camera capturing people entering his property.

Could be he’s associating with criminals. Could be he’s a criminal. Could be you’ll get your ass kicked by him or his friends while protecting your camera. Could get out of control real quick.
Unless the "illegal activity" is occurring in or near his driveway, I don't think so. My camera would never capture it. He might send one of his children to fight for him (I could have him for lunch myself, 1 on 1), but I don't think so either. Besides, I believe he knows (or suspects) that I EDC. He does not (NY Liberal). Only one family on my cul-de-sac knows for certain that I EDC. And that's because they do as well.

In general, he's not really a bad guy, save for the issues we've been having of late. And, during earlier times, we were actually "friendly" with each other. But for the longest time, he's been wanting me to remove the big tree on my front lawn because he's tired of having to rake the leaves that fall on his property. He even tried to "gaslight" me once by claiming that the tree's roots extended under a different neighbor's house (not his) and caused damage. Well, 1) The tree is big, but not that big as for roots to extend that far; 2) They'd have to dig up concrete driveways, etc. to prove they came from my tree (and no one has done that in my neighborhood); & 3) Even with all that, FL tree law is on my side. As long as the tree is alive and healthy, anything that emanates from it (leaves, branches, roots underground, etc.) are the responsibility of the landowner on which they fall, not the tree owner. Even if a hurricane were to blow it over and onto someone's roof, the tree owner is still not responsible., if the tree was alive/healthy prior to the storm. Only if the tree is dead, does the tree owner have responsibility to get red of it before any damage occurs. Apparently, he doesn't understand how that FL law works. If my atty has to explain it to him, he (atty) will bill him for that! And, to be fair, I do keep it trimmed and maintained so it won't blow onto anyone else's roof.

What's been happening lately is that he's been blowing his leaves (after they leave my tree), in part, back onto my property and into my driveway, where I then have to take care of them. Not all of them, but just that portion that's near my driveway or the common grass swatch near the street. The remainder of the leaves he actually does blow into the street. I don't do that. I blow them (both mine and his) onto a central pile in the middle of my driveway where I then vacuum them up with a leaf vacuum. I already have a PTZ camera at the top of my roof that shows him doing it when he's close to my driveway. But its view is limited. I was looking to install an additional one that's closer to the ground and in the direct line of sight to his driveway, but high enough that he'd need a ladder to go up and take it down. I figure, if he knows I'm watching, he might not be so quick to blow the leaves back onto my property. I have the new camera but not installed it yet. We'll see. I'll consult my lawyer about it when I see him next on general stuff.

Nonetheless, I still have the question about everyone's non lethal weapon of choice for other incidences.

Unless the "illegal activity" is occurring in or near his driveway, I don't think so. My camera would never capture it. He might send one of his children to fight for him (I could have him for lunch myself, 1 on 1), but I don't think so either. Besides, I believe he knows (or suspects) that I EDC. He does not (NY Liberal). Only one family on my cul-de-sac knows for certain that I EDC. And that's because they do as well.

In general, he's not really a bad guy, save for the issues we've been having of late. And, during earlier times, we were actually "friendly" with each other. But for the longest time, he's been wanting me to remove the big tree on my front lawn because he's tired of having to rake the leaves that fall on his property. He even tried to "gaslight" me once by claiming that the tree's roots extended under a different neighbor's house (not his) and caused damage. Well, 1) The tree is big, but not that big as for roots to extend that far; 2) They'd have to dig up concrete driveways, etc. to prove they came from my tree (and no one has done that in my neighborhood); & 3) Even with all that, FL tree law is on my side. As long as the tree is alive and healthy, anything that emanates from it (leaves, branches, roots underground, etc.) are the responsibility of the landowner on which they fall, not the tree owner. Even if a hurricane were to blow it over and onto someone's roof, the tree owner is still not responsible., if the tree was alive/healthy prior to the storm. Only if the tree is dead, does the tree owner have responsibility to get red of it before any damage occurs. Apparently, he doesn't understand how that FL law works. If my atty has to explain it to him, he (atty) will bill him for that! And, to be fair, I do keep it trimmed and maintained so it won't blow onto anyone else's roof.

What's been happening lately is that he's been blowing his leaves (after they leave my tree), in part, back onto my property and into my driveway, where I then have to take care of them. Not all of them, but just that portion that's near my driveway or the common grass swatch near the street. The remainder of the leaves he actually does blow into the street. I don't do that. I blow them (both mine and his) onto a central pile in the middle of my driveway where I then vacuum them up with a leaf vacuum. I already have a PTZ camera at the top of my roof that shows him doing it when he's close to my driveway. But its view is limited. I was looking to install an additional one that's closer to the ground and in the direct line of sight to his driveway, but high enough that he'd need a ladder to go up and take it down. I figure, if he knows I'm watching, he might not be so quick to blow the leaves back onto my property. I have the new camera but not installed it yet. We'll see. I'll consult my lawyer about it when I see him next on general stuff.

Nonetheless, I still have the question about everyone's non lethal weapon of choice for other incidences.
In this case just clean up the leaves and move on. It's nuisance to your neighbor that your tree drops leaves on his property so if he sends them back clean them up.

My choice of the flame thrower takes care of both your problems at once. Leaves gone, neighbor neutralized.

You know the old saying, "Rush a gun, run from a flame thrower".

Just had a guy try forcing entry into my house last Saturday evening. 4 years of Jiu Jitsu kicked in. A wrist lock and osoto gari sweep dumped him on his head and out of the doorway in a split second. Was able to secure the door and retrieve a firearm which got him on his way.
Good thing you didn’t pull guard. You’d ‘a killed him…

bat.jpg

I got a roid remover , very effective butt a pain in the ass to clean....

In this case just clean up the leaves and move on. It's nuisance to your neighbor that your tree drops leaves on his property so if he sends them back clean them up.

I have been, but it's still frustrating that he continues to do it when those leaves aren't my responsibility anymore, once they leave my tree. And he's doing it out of spite... because I won't remove the tree like he wants me to. He could do exactly what I do, blow them into the center of his driveway and then collect them up from there, but he won't He doesn't want to bother to do it right, especially when he can force me to do it for him.

At some point, he will learn of my displeasure. What he does thereafter is up to him. If I have to "lawyer up," I will. But I'll ensure he'll pay for all of that. I'm sure he'll try and turn it into an HOA matter (which would mandate binding arbitration), but AFAIC, the HOA has nothing to to with it. It's between me and him, personally.

Last edited:
Throat punch, then a stomp on the ankle and then the couple de grace is as many kicks in the pussy or balls so they can't reproduce. Saving the world one at a time

I have been, but it's still frustrating that he continues to do it when those leaves aren't my responsibility anymore, once they leave my tree. And he's doing it out of spite... because I won't remove the tree like he wants me to. He could do exactly what I do, blow them into the center of his driveway and then collect them up from there, but he won't He doesn't want to bother to do it right, especially when he can force me to do it for him.

At some point, he will learn of my displeasure. What he does thereafter is up to him. If I have to "lawyer up," I will. But I'll ensure he'll pay for all of that. I'm sure he'll try and turn it into an HOA matter (which would mandate binding arbitration), but AFAIC, the HOA has nothing to to with it. It's between me and him, personally.
He may be responsible for the leaves once they hit his property, but you are causing a nuisance to him. So it's probably really frustrating to him that you are causing him more work than he wants because it's not his tree. Thankfully I don't have neighbors that close.

I agree. If dude is that mental that he would trespass to commit vandalism over leaves I would not want to antagonize him. I would just rake up the leaves.

[Louisville Slugger is] Considered a lethal weapon in some states or, at least, by some DAs. Same thing as a Billy Club.

That's why you always keep a glove and a ball nearby or in your car with your bat. Because it's not a billy club if you are out shagging fly's!

Sirhr

He may be responsible for the leaves once they hit his property, but you are causing a nuisance to him.

Does that give him the right, then, to blow the leaves back onto my property and cause/contribute to a nuisance for me? I'm not causing the nuisance. I mean, it's not like I'm deliberately channeling the leaves to fall forcibly, onto his property. They fall how/where they fall. And most are either falling on my property directly or the neighbor to my left (as you face our houses), but they don't ever complain about it. And that neighbor would have more of a right to complain. The tree is more on their side than his (The tree is on the land to the left of my driveway and he's on the right). Not one single branch is over his property. An important distinction based on that Fl law I mentioned, as the law does give him the right to trim any branches that do extend over the property line but only back to that property line itself. In any case, I always make sure it's well trimmed such that no branches extend over his side.

So it's probably really frustrating to him that you are causing him more work than he wants because it's not his tree. Thankfully I don't have neighbors that close.

Again, I am not deliberately causing the work. Like I say, the leaves fall where they fall. OTOH, he is causing me more work by blowing his leaves back onto my property. Now, in the interest of "non-escalation," I'm cleaning them all up., whether they fall naturally on my side or are blown back.

For now.

Kill him with kindness.
Invite him over for dinner. Befriend him and maybe he will forget the leaves bother him.

Might not work though.

Reactions: jrassy
When I mow my front lawn, the lawn mower throws clippings onto my neighbor’s sidewalk and drive way. I’m not trying to do it- that’s just how the lawn mower is built. When I’m done, I’m grab the blower and blow all of the lawn clippings off of his sidewalk and driveway. Now I know that I should be blowing them onto his front porch. The hide is awesome.

What's your "non lethal" weapon of choice for things like "home/property" defense when the situation has not yet escalated to "imminent threat of death or great bodily harm?" Say someone is trespassing on your "external" property (i.e. not yet "breaking in") in an effort to destroy that property or cause property damage (eg. a neighbor that doesn't like the fact that you put up security cameras on your property that the neighbor perceives is focused on them/their property). You catch the neighbor in the act of attempting to strike down the cameras and destroy them. Or a protestor that comes to deface your property with paint or other items (or knock down your fencing) in protest.

Since they haven't produced any lethal weapons, yet, legally, you can't shoot 'em or even produce yours (just ask Mark and Patricia McCloskey, the two lawyers of Missouri), unless, perhaps, you live in Texas and it's night time. So, given that your State laws may permit the use of "non-lethal" weapons and/or the appropriate level of "force" to stop the crime being attempted against you, what would be your "non-lethal" weapon of choice to deter that aggression and stop the neighbor?
While my first response was definitely my primary option: I do make these up in my spare time; using golf balls, shooter marbles, ball bearings, etc.

20240229_164922.jpg

Probably as good as a black jack, in terms of an attitude adjustment.

There’s a really good show /videos of a security person testing “all these mean protective dogs”.

The owners leave a back door open and the guy tries to get in the house

99.9 percent of dogs bark like nuts but back away as the guys walks in. Some follow him around lol

Being a pet they are trained by us not to bite etc

It’s really funny when a guy has a big rotty etc and he’s all excited that it’s going to kill anyone and the walks out of the house with something.
They act much differently when their owner is threatened. I've seen it first hand with two of my dogs. From happy and playful to fuck you in the blink of a eye

Doing some security/bouncing in my past life and plenty of hands on 'incidents' in my life, I prefer to have less lethal options like a good OC/Pepper Spray (also great on charging dogs) and a nice flashlight with plenty of throw like the new Surefire EDC2-DFT retina destroyer/face pulverizer . Craig Douglas of Shivworks turned me on to POM compact OC which they refer as daggers for the eyes https://shivworkspg.com/shop/pom-pepper-spray-next-generation-and-inert-trainer/

I subscribe to the Use of Force Continuum though most charts are tailored for law enforcement. Situational awareness, verbal, deescalation, light physical force, heavier physical force, less lethal on up. And steps are skipped if needed.

-Richard

Example below
image-asset.png

• Love
Reactions: Fx51LP308
A pick handle with a "BIDEN 2024" sign stapled to it..............😉

Great news for Kalifornicators. Billy clubs are in!

"US district judge Roger Benitez struck down California’s ban on billy clubs, finding them protected by the Second Amendment.

Applying the Supreme Court’s Bruen precedent, the judge examined the history of billy club laws and found no controls before the Civil War and few states regulated them until the early 20th century when only California banned them."

Last edited:
What's your "non lethal" weapon of choice for things like "home/property" defense when the situation has not yet escalated to "imminent threat of death or great bodily harm?" Say someone is trespassing on your "external" property (i.e. not yet "breaking in") in an effort to destroy that property or cause property damage (eg. a neighbor that doesn't like the fact that you put up security cameras on your property that the neighbor perceives is focused on them/their property). You catch the neighbor in the act of attempting to strike down the cameras and destroy them. Or a protestor that comes to deface your property with paint or other items (or knock down your fencing) in protest.

Since they haven't produced any lethal weapons, yet, legally, you can't shoot 'em or even produce yours (just ask Mark and Patricia McCloskey, the two lawyers of Missouri), unless, perhaps, you live in Texas and it's night time. So, given that your State laws may permit the use of "non-lethal" weapons and/or the appropriate level of "force" to stop the crime being attempted against you, what would be your "non-lethal" weapon of choice to deter that aggression and stop the neighbor?
that was bs what they did to them but they were registered Dems so you get what you vote for

Reactions: Fx51LP308

While I don’t think you are this unhinged, this is a good reminder how quick things can escalate with lunatic neighbors.

If it can be found the full surveillance video is pretty good.

• Sad
Reactions: CSTactical
A simple piece of 2-0 copper wire, about 18-24" long.

If a cop asks why you have it....hey, I'm an electrician, fuck off.

If you can swing better than a 8 year old girl it will damn near kill with a reasonable hit.....if you can swing worth a fuck it will kill or at least break bones if you don't go for the kill shot.

While I don’t think you are this unhinged, this is a good reminder how quick things can escalate with lunatic neighbors.

If it can be found the full surveillance video is pretty good.

I don't think my neighbor is that "unhinged" either, but point well taken. It's why I go ahead and clean up all the leaves, including the ones he and his lawn mower/landscaper (who, oddly enough, used to be my landscaper) blow back onto my property.

What I love about rural Oklahoma: Everything can and will be greeted with a potentially lethal response. I don't know of one story out here where a trespasser didn't get a gun stuck in his/her face. You can expect 90% of the good old boys out here to have a rifle in their truck, and 90% of the ladies to have a pistol in their purse.

We still have a ton (per capita) of property crime because of the meth heads...but it has been years since any arrests were made for people going onto others' property and stealing crap. And people still go frequently missing in this area. Put two and two together. It'll eventually change, but we're liking the way it is now.

At this point, I don't ever think I could move to a urban area.

Doing some security/bouncing in my past life and plenty of hands on 'incidents' in my life, I prefer to have less lethal options like a good OC/Pepper Spray (also great on charging dogs) and a nice flashlight with plenty of throw like the new Surefire EDC2-DFT retina destroyer/face pulverizer . Craig Douglas of Shivworks turned me on to POM compact OC which they refer as daggers for the eyes https://shivworkspg.com/shop/pom-pepper-spray-next-generation-and-inert-trainer/

I subscribe to the Use of Force Continuum though most charts are tailored for law enforcement. Situational awareness, verbal, deescalation, light physical force, heavier physical force, less lethal on up. And steps are skipped if needed.

-Richard

Example below
image-asset.png

Hilarious.

Philadelphia cops can’t spell.

P

My weapon is lethal but NFA regulated. Three bean salad, deviled eggs, and beer.