• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Your sniping rig

Re: Your sniping rig

IMG_0626.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MontanaMarine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
If I'm going heavy, I use a large ALICE pack. I'll add more ammo, food, elbow pads, cleaning/maint kit, some snivel gear.
Img_5751.jpg
</div></div>

What sling is that there? I wants one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bark-eater</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personally I'm not organized or experienced enough to have a rig, or feeling Walter Mitty enough to shuffle all my gear into a photo op, but I have a a couple of links from the web that give good examples of what works for other folks. I hope its not inappropriate to post them.
from sniper country

from david wilson (scroll down to "load out")

from warrior talk </div></div>

Thanks for the links - great info there!
grin.gif

Here is my load out. I still need a few things to complete my rig. I don't have a first aid kit, Kestrel 4000, or a Bushnell Mildot Spotting scope, yet. I won't need a kit for building a hide or a ghillie since I'm not a sniper, nor do I play one on TV.

My rifle is a Rem 700 SS 5R, in .308, AICS 1.5 stock, IOR 3-18X FFP Snipers Hide Edition, Gen 1 (no failure after about 300 rounds.) Sling is from TIS. Pack is Camelback BFM or Motherlode with 100 oz water supply. Rifle case is Blackhawk Stalker Mat, I think. I really want the Eberlestock G4 Operator or Phantom to haul around my Rem 700 and also a M1 Garand or Carbine in a side scabbard.

IMG_7491.jpg

IMG_7493.jpg

IMG_7494.jpg

IMG_7495.jpg

My load out:

IMG_7497.jpg

From left to right, top to bottom:
an air bottle, camelhair brushes and lens cloth; cheapass Barska 20-60 spotter; Red Tac Gear kopfjaeger rear bags; shemagh; Russian 12x binos bought here from member USSR who is gtg; Bushnell Elite 1500 ARC 7x LRF; Leight ear muffs; 2x AICS 5-rd mags; Red Tac Gear molle pouch for my future Kestrel 4000; Craftsman shims for scope leveling; Husky L-wrenches; knee/elbow pads; custom ear plugs from Earplugs USA; i-phone with ziplock covering; lip balm and suntan lotion; Advil; light sticks; extra small L-wrenches for scope turrets; wrench for scope base/rings; Red Tac Gear molle pouch for LRF but which holds my tools; Camelback pack; extra FGMM 168 gr boxes; Red Tac Gear ammo cards x5 at 20 rds each; Palm pilot with Exbal installed and ziplock covering; Red Tac Gear notebook cover with Mildot Master, Slope Doper, calculator, pens, and Sniper Data Book.

IMG_7500.jpg

Interesting thread.

Here's mine, pics taken on the civilian side, but I use the same pack at work too. Contents are pretty standard - snivel gear, dope book, chem lights, etc. The IFAK on the left side is on a Tactical Tailor break away panel. I 550'd a chem light holder on top for IR chems. I put electrical tape on the AR mags with BTHPs so I don't confuse them with green tip or 55 gr stuff.

21cv42v.jpg

2qlvbdv.jpg

sniperrig.jpg

I have a Rem 700 in 308 and a H&K 416 for my weapon systems with my Glock 35. Some of the odds and ends are: camo paint, gun cleaning kit, bino, bug spray, drag bag, saw, wire cutters, lens cleaning kit, rubber bands, whistle, mirror, clips, paracord, extra batteries, gps, range finder, shooting sticks, "happy sock", netting, 2 boxes of 308 and 3 mags of 223.

Bump on this thread. Outstanding pics and insight into practical carry gear for the field. Anyone else care to share?

Starting to collect my own gear. Some things never change in regard to field craft since when I served. Somethings are new since I honed my craft. I am learning more about the art of sniper work/target work (raging, glassing, etc) and the practical must haves to carry in the field.

Here is the match set up that I just got put together for this seasons fun. Thinking about retiring the Gunslinger, its always either half empty, or full of crap that I dont use, so decided to stream line it.

Very, very comfortable, and all the wait rides on the hips, with a little assistance form the shoulder straps. I am a MARPAT whore if you cant figure it out already.

Loaded, with the fun weather suit.

DSC00937.jpg

Trigger time this afternoon. Left to Right, double 10rnd AICS mag pouch, ammo card pouch, Gerber Multi Tool, ammo card pouch, multipurpose pouch/butt pack, above that is a Tactical Tailor Large multipurpose pouch that my water bladder fits in, another ammo card pouch that I use as a brass dump pouch, another ammo card pouch, and another double 10rnd AICS Mag pouch.

Log book, range finder, tactical tailor hard case for a camera, and the optic/muzzle protector. There is also a Hustler that stays in the large pouch.

DSC00972.jpg

DSC00984.jpg

DSC00981.jpg

DSC00975.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gray ghost</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hasgunwilltravel, where did you get your rig? and what is it called? thanks </div></div>

It fell right out of my sewing machine
wink.gif

thanks,really like your setup, what about yourshoulder and waist rig, to attach everything to, can not seem to find that rig?

some nice setups guys!
im getting my battle rattle together one piece at a time. im not sure how to post pics? can any one help a fng

Yes, it has the possibility of being a great thread for newbs. I appreciate the posts as well.

Joe-I'm a fellow WA res and I'm 6'3" and 275......I wear like a 50 jacket maybe 52 and I can't find gear that fits. The only gear that fits it gear that is advertised in 3x-4x etc. Most Sniper gear comes in Medium/large XL/XXL which means XL at best.

If you find high quality stuff let me know.....I have been using sling packs because I can't get in and out of highend standards packs. My stuff is just worn out....I had a lady who makes custom chaps for cutting horses alter the last pack I had to fit me but she is really old now and can't work anymore.

Lets keep each other posted-Derek

A note on blood stop-tampons work in a pinch but in additon to all of the quick clot and celox powder(man if you have ever been shot and pour that stuff on you I swear it works by chemically burning the wound shut) I also have found through a MMA fighter these quick clot impregnated mini tampons...made to go into severe nosebleds I carry 2 boxes of them as I think they would plug holes real well and can be left in and covered with quickclot bandage and compression wrap. I also carry an IV kit, a couple suture kits and some lidocaine and other meds like antibiotics and so for. I often work alone or with a partner for long periods along ways from any medical or evac.

Derek

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Derek Myers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Joe-I'm a fellow WA res and I'm 6'3" and 275......I wear like a 50 jacket maybe 52 and I can't find gear that fits. The only gear that fits it gear that is advertised in 3x-4x etc. Most Sniper gear comes in Medium/large XL/XXL which means XL at best.

If you find high quality stuff let me know.....I have been using sling packs because I can't get in and out of highend standards packs. My stuff is just worn out....I had a lady who makes custom chaps for cutting horses alter the last pack I had to fit me but she is really old now and can't work anymore.

Lets keep each other posted-Derek </div></div>
Contact Nick Painter, he goes as Hasgunwilltravel on here, he can make you what you need.

I dont have any pics as of now but I use a chest rig with my water, IFAK, 5.56 mags, and pistol mags if you use one. The rig is warn over my body armor. When you get into your op or ffp/hide you can drop the rig and keep you armor on. And yes we wear our armor while shooting. Then I use a pistol belt w/a small butt pack, 2 xtra 5.56 mags, and a utility pouch for 5 m40 mags. All misc gear obviously goes into the butt pack or an assault pack if necessary. The set up works well but I am sure some people disagree, to each his own. Good luck

Some of mine....

new set up based on a SO TECH sniper vest

DSCN2632.jpg

this on a Kifaru base..

DSCN2631.jpg

DSCN2630.jpg

this on a Kifaru tail gunner....

DSCN2623.jpg

DSCN2619.jpg

DSCN2618.jpg

DSCN2625.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gray ghost</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hasgunwilltravel, where did you get your rig? and what is it called? thanks </div></div>

It fell right out of my sewing machine
wink.gif

</div></div>

laugh.gif

Looks great Nick, how many rounds you packing with the RedTac cards and mags when you start the day?

All I need to shoot all the day... and I can carry more if I want

leupold Mark IV spotting scope
ray vin tripod
PLRF 10 C laser range finder
NOMAD L800 PDA with FFS software
cable to connect PLRF to PDA
Kestrel 4500 NV blutooth with base and mini tripod
first aid kit
TAB gear MAT
compass and map
120/150 .308 rounds
gerber multi tool
OTIS kit and some gear for maintanance
Triad bean bag
loog book with back up item.. ballistic chart, mil dot master ecc ecc
depending on wheather some more item like goretex ecc ecc...

this is the link for FFS.....the best software you can use for a real solutions... you have to spent time to learn all the features.. but is a very good software.

http://www.precisionworkbench.com/

the kestrel mount there www.armeriacamuna.it but you can search on the web.... kestrel accessories... I've used the base and I've done a custom monopod to put it fast and easy on the ground.

NOMAD also is a very good PDA works great with FFS.... for a kill flash ( if I need to use it ) I've a small piece of net under the scope....
about a kifaru base, I bought it few years ago.. I do not remember the name....the padded belt is part of my marauder, you can switch from one item to an other..... kifaru is great for this..

This is cool stuff guy's. Nice to see what everyone is using.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redbastrd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is cool stuff guy's. Nice to see what everyone is using. </div></div>

I agree, terrific thread!
I've been putting off a MK4 Leupold spotter forever, I guess it's time to move on a TMR model!
Any idea where is best to buy? Who's got one in stock, I'm going to go ahead and bite the bullet on this before I start ordering the stuff for the next bolt action.

thanks davide, good one mate
smile.gif
the pack with built in belt molle gig is a good deal, at least that way it's ALL there when you lay it out. great pics

Once you see this you will spare no expense to own it, or one like it, for your sniper rig or costumes . Use paint to match it to your kitrig. Wear them by themselves in the summer or between yardlines on the tactics range.
You have the decals, multiple camou suits for the range, the trainer rifle in a smaller caliber, several tactical challenge coins, hats, the drag bag to carry your kit to the range, army bdu’s modified for tactical comps, and the access to any picture that pops onto the web, and you’ll post it to act the part. You watch every program on the military channel so you can talk knowlegly while at gun shows. Last month you moved into an FFP to kill a mouse with your kill stick. You have seen SHOOTER so many times that you can speak the lingo just like Marky Mark. The last time you shat, you considered it a survival situation when you used a page from a magazine to clean your butt. That is most tactical. You refer to it as a night movement because that is the words used on the military Channel. You have seen every episode of The Unit and call people bra if you do not know their online callsign. Roger that bra! But you do not have this! This is real sniper underwear. You need this! It is real scout sniper underwear.

Buy one from a soldier and you can wear it covertly, like you operate.

Buy one and you can feel more confidence on the web or covertly multiply your confidence as you post online.
Insert it into your pillowcase and sleep peacefully at night. Walk around your hootch in them while you are saying your military words: Alpha. Bravo. Charlie. Tactical.
Feel it. Rub it on your face. Youll notice the difference when you are tactically marksmaning.

(Special notice: these shorts were worn in garrison and not during a real tactical operator phase, but I will trade them for a copy of ‘How to Goodbye Depression: If You Constrict Anus 100 Times Everyday. Malarkey? Or Effective Way?” By Hiroyuki Nishigaki) The trade must be made at San Mateo during daylight hours.
2hnc6ro.jpg

you are in the wrong forum...... so only 4 post... no contribute for us...... the door is open...

i believe the door is way open for zack lee.

you are on the wrong forum.

don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you

i believe the door is way open for zack lee.

you are on the wrong forum.

don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you

DavidE, what pouch is located on the right hand side of the belt of your Kifaru Tailgunner in the last photo that you posted? Is that a Kifaru kuala? Also, how do you think the best way to add a water bladder to your Kifaru setup would be? I just ordered a Kifaru Tailgunner 2 with shoulder staps and molle/padded belt for an upcoming extended hunt and im looking for modular pouches to help load out my gear

Good rigs.
I'm entertaining the idea of getting the SOTECH harness. I wore one of their PC for over 1 1/2 in Iraq and I really like their stuff. It's no nonsense gear.

What I would need is a good butt bag? Something to help carry typical stuff.

R.