• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Your "Working Class Rifles". Show em'...

neoncabbit

Private
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2007
Adairsville, Georgia
Some of you gentlmen on the hide make a living with your rifles. Whether it be a mid-western varmint hunter lending services to farmers, Police Officer, Military Scout Snipers/ Marksman, or Instructor at a local rifle range. Let's see your rifles, and at your discretion, give us some info about your job, tasks you are challenged with and the relation to your particular rifle setup. Thought this might be an informative topic.

Re: Your "Working Class Rifles". Show em'...

Rem 700 30-06 right befor the glass went on. I use a 3.5-`0x50 Conquest on it. Stays in the truck for whatever needs to be handled with the natives(wildlife) Great lightweight, all wethaer rig

1.jpg

Is that a Hogue stock? One of my friends has one that he's been wanting to krylon but we're not really sure how it would stick or how durable it would be on the rubber type coating on the stock? Hows it working for you?

It is a Hogue, I know everybody bashes them but I have not had a problem with it for this gun and what I use it for. I wouldn't put one on a high grade tactical or competition rig but it is perfect for the wet muddy crap I hunt in. I don't have to worry about huting with it. The geen paint is the Fusion camo paint by Krylon. If you clean the stock with denatured alcohol or light acetone the paint will stick fairly well. I let it sit without touching it for a week in a hot shed and it has held up so far through 2 hunting seasons and riding in the back seat of my truck for other duties. If it smudges or gets rubbed off just dust it again. I did stiffen the forend with 2 carbon arrow shafts and filled it in with epoxy. I filled the buttstock with the non expanding spray foam, overall it turned out to be very utilitarian and rugged

Great looking rig, good to know it's being properly used and not a trophy piece.

Merely a factory Remington 700 "VS" barreled action, chambered in .243win, placed in an un-bedded PSS take-off stock ... Leupold Vari-X III 3.5-10x40 w/ M1 elevation turret, mounted in Talley one-piece lightweight rings ...

2349503TreysAntelopeBuck.jpg

2349731Close-upofme.jpg

Oddly enough, this is one of my most accurate rifles, as well as being one of my most consistently reliable rifles in all respects. Funny how you can cobble together a rifle (complete with scope) for about $1000, and have it 'compete' with your most expensive customs ...

From the want adds I bought a Pre-64 Win M70 30-06 that had been rebarrelled and counter bored.

Off a forum, I bought a used Bordon Rimrock stock and used take off 270 Pac Nor barrel.

Leupold sent me a VXI 2x7x32 replacement scope.

I got a used Harris bi-pod at a gun show.

I put them together and shot 3 deer in 2008, one lung shot at 500 yards.