• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ZCO 527 arrived, thanks CS Tactical...

Danattherock

Minuteman
  • Feb 17, 2017
    Just received the nicest optic I've personally handled. The turrets, controls, and magnification ring are unlike anything I have seen. The tension is absolutely perfect!

UPS dropped it off after dark, so eager to mount it and get it to the local range tommorow. Will zero and do initial evaluation of the glass then. Taking it up to Frontline Defense, my 1000 yard range here in NC Friday at 0630.

Would like to thank CS Tactical for the great customer service leading up to the purchase. And thanks to Sport Optics for assistance with getting me the ARC M10 36 mm rings. Both boxes arrived 48 hours after I ordered them.

Time to see what I've been missing, literally.

Dan

IMG_20191106_192321435.jpg

Last edited:
    Just received the nicest optic I've personally handled. The turrets, controls, and magnification ring are unlike anything I have seen. The tension is absolutely perfect!

UPS dropped it off after dark, so eager to mount it and get it to the local range tommorow. Will zero and do initial evaluation of the glass then. Taking it up to Frontline Defense, my 1000 yard range here in NC Friday at 0630.

Would like to thank CS Tactical for the great customer service leading up to the purchase. And thanks to Sport Optics for assistance with getting me the ARC M10 36 mm rings. Both boxes arrived 48 hours after I ordered them.

Time to see what I've been missing, literally.

Dan

View attachment 7178447
    Sooo....let’s seee.....you’re like...HAPPY????...?....right??.........DUUUHHAAaaAA! I’d hardly be able to contain myself for a spell...I hear ya’ Dan. My face would probably be sore from smiling so much.

Last edited:
    Trust me, you will love it that much more once you get it mounted and get to look through it in daylight at the range. Best optic on the market in my opinion. My advice, when you reset the turrets to zero, actually follow the directions and don’t over torque the screws. People complain about having trouble getting the locking turret to align and close smoothly and I bet most are from not following the directions and or over torquing the Screws. It’s very easy to over torque it when it’s only meant to go to 10 inch pounds. I did it once, but as soon as I had an issue I redid the process, carefully torqued it, and all was good.

And good people. I asked a simple question through their website contact, and got a reply asking me to call Jeff himself when I had time. They are good dudes over there.
    Yep when I finally get to gettin’ my glass (wherever I finally end up saving/deciding on) CS will be called ....gotta support the supporters... waitwhat that didn’t sound right. ??.

Yep when I finally get to gettin’ my glass (wherever I finally end up saving/deciding on) CS will be called ....gotta support the supporters... waitwhat that didn’t sound right. ??.

I was actually talking about Jeff Zuber at Zero Comp. But I did get mine from CS Tactical and they were great to deal with as well.

I called Zero Compromise Monday with a technical question. Jeff Huber was on the phone with someone in Austria, and asked if he could call me in five minutes. Well, less than five minutes later, the president/CEO of ZC called me back and upon hearing I just ordered his optic from CS Tactical, says thank you for believing in our product.

You know the truth is people just don't talk that way anymore. But they should, and it would be a damn nice change compared to what many other companies have shown me over the years as to what their version of customer service is.

He answered my question in great detail and thanked me for buying a Zero Compromise optic, and told me to call back anytime. At that moment I already knew that I was going to love this optic. When the UPS man dropped it off tonight it was simply a confirmation.

Dan

I called Zero Compromise Monday with a technical question. Jeff Huber was on the phone with someone in Austria, and asked if he could call me in five minutes. Well, less than five minutes later, the president/CEO of ZC called me back and upon hearing I just ordered his optic from CS Tactical, says thank you for believing in our product.

You know the truth is people just don't talk that way anymore. But they should, and it would be a damn nice change compared to what many other companies have shown me over the years as to what their version of customer service is.

He answered my question in great detail and thanked me for buying a Zero Compromise optic, and told me to call back anytime. At that moment I already knew that I was going to love this optic. When the UPS man dropped it off tonight it was simply a confirmation.

Dan

Absolutely correct. People hate having to possibly wait for a product, but I would rather wait a week or two and know that I am gonna get a great product with zero compromises, pun intended, and get great customer service. I know it doesn’t make much sense business wise, but sometimes I wish more people and companies would purposely stay smaller and keep the detailed, as close to perfection as possible Q.C. and keep the actual owner/builder as customer service model instead of trying to find a way to make more and more of their product in fear of losing one or two sales cause someone doesn’t want to wait. If mass production could be done with the same attention to detail then great, if not, keep the attention to detail instead of taking mass production. And so far, that seems to be what ZCO has done.

Dan
    Jeff is a great guy, he spent quite a while with me on the phone back when he was with Kahles and the Gen III had just come out with the SKMR reticle. I personally believe that Jeff was responsible for the "rise" of Kahles within the community, of course it didn't hurt that Shannon Kay (of the "SK" in SKMR) was responsible for the reticle when PRS was just beginning to bust at the seams, but for all I know Jeff may have been responsible for that as well. I'm sure it hasn't been easy for Jeff since he left Kahles, but in hindsight probably one of the best decisions because the ZCO scopes represent what the new Kahles scopes (K525i and K318i) should have been, but even better that they are all assembled here in the states and offer outstanding customer support, in fact, the ZCO scope represents what any manufacturer looking to build an alpha class scope should aspire to. The fact that in less than two years they are beginning to become a common name thrown around with the likes of Schmidt & Bender and Tangent Theta is impressive. Hopefully this company will stick around for a very long time.

Dan, you've kind of had a whirlwind experience the past few weeks, but I think you've ended up with a scope you'll be happy with for a lifetime and will have no regrets.

Ready for 1000 yard range at 0630 tomm. Can't wait.

View attachment 7179097
    I think you missed some tape near the turret housing :D Gotta love the ZCO and ARC rings, a match made in heaven. Hopefully ZCO will come out with an MPCT3 reticle next year with Christmas tree dots instead of the solid lines, once that happens I will undoubtedly have a ZCO ZC420 on my rifle.

Reactions: gebhardt02
    Lol. Barricade protection, it's removable elastic medical gauze. Coban.

Last edited:
    Reactions: CSTactical
    Spent a good part of today at the thousand yard range with my zero compromise 5-27. I'm extremely impressed to say the very least. Just checking my dope and tracking I started off at 400 and saw the bullet impact the center of the plate. Yeah nothing special about that until under further inspection I noticed what looked like a spit ball on a mirror from where my bullet had just impacted the plate. Why not overly significant it was a first for me.

I marched out in 100 yard increments to a thousand and back, my only misses were intentional so I could see the dirt fly in the berm. The reticle is fantastic, the controls are perfect, and the IQ of the glass is the best I've ever seen.

Jeff Huber and his team at ZCO have hit a home run from what I can tell. I'm looking forward to spending more time behind this scope.

IMG_20191108_101008044.jpg

IMG_20191108_101455248.jpg

Last edited: