• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 Side Focus

RD3

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2008
Alabama
I've searched, but haven't found much info on this scope. Has anyone had any experiences with this or use one possibly? It's the version with target turrets and side focus. Here is a link to it:
http://www.cgwgun.com/Rifle-Scopes/Zeiss-Conquest-Rifle-Scope__ZS5214509943.aspx

My budget will be around $1100 or so once the gunsmith is finished with my newest toy. I'm open for suggestions if anyone has any, but I'd prefer to stay away from anything with a fixed power.

Re: Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 Side Focus

I have one on my savage lrpv in 204. Mine has the fine cross hairs. I like the scope, great glass, tracks well. I do not know how it will handle recoil since it is on a 13 or so pound 204 rifle.
I think you should be able to find one for less than your link. I purchased mine 2 years ago from the sample list for 700.

try Doug at cameraland.com for the best price off of the demo list. the zeiss conquest is one of the best scopes you can buy in that price range. tracks well and the optics are superb, on par or better than many of the other ones. if you want to get something with a little less magnification than you can go with the 3x12x56mm objective lens. this is the only one in the conquest line that has a 30 mm tube and it is much less off of the demo list then you can find one of the other comparable scopes. for non bench shooting and just using for hitting targets at long range, this would be an excellent scope. I am going to try and get one of the diavari 6x24x56 here very soon or one of the nightforce 5.5x22 when the funds become avail. have been going between those two for awhile. I have the zeiss in the one you are talking about and like it alot. try and look through a couple of them before you decide. not usually very easy with scopes in this price range. RG

also try alex roy @ euro optics.
where i got mine so many years ago.

I too would recommend the conquest line. I have a 6.5-20x50 and am quite happy with it. Though it's not a 'tactical' scope, I'd say the glass is as good or better than that of my Mark 4. As mentioned, look at the demo list at cameralandny.com

Good scope. Love mine. But, if you're using a short barrel, it's a no go. Out to 1K with a 20" barrel, you run out of elevation.

I have one of these scopes on my Sendero .300 wm. I has great glass, tracks well and with a 25 minute base, gets me out to 1,000 yards with plenty of elevation left. No problems yet with the recoil of the .300 wm. I would recommend this scope to anyone.

get a 20moa base and don't worry about it any more. It will get you there with a short barrel easy. RG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: joshn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I too would recommend the conquest line. I have a 6.5-20x50 and am quite happy with it. Though it's not a 'tactical' scope, I'd say the glass is as good or better than that of my Mark 4. As mentioned, look at the demo list at cameralandny.com</div></div>

My sentiments exactly about mine. It has the standard Z-plex as Zeiss calls it. A duplex by any other name. The Schottwerks glass is about as good as it gets in the world and the scope itself is very repeatable.

I was told once that the Conquest line was built by Meopta. The collusion could occur as it's kind of a win-win situation for both companies. Zeiss has very strong branding and if all they have to do is stamp their name on a scope to make $100 or so then so be it. Meopta gets the work and a profit off of a larger volume in the marketplace. I have owned Zeiss diavari and Meopta Meostar and I will tell you they are both great scopes. Tough and repeatable as well as glass that makes you feel like you're standing 40 ft away, not 400 yds.

I shot with two of them on different varmint rifles. I love them. I have the mil-dot and target knob versions.

I won't be dropping them off a cliff or swimming with them. They do not "feel" like a nightforce or MK 4. They are also 1 inch tubes which means you're gonna be a bit limited in terms of elevation. I believe mine run about 45MOA total.....which in my mounting/zero set up gives me about 30 "up" MOA.

But, the glass is awsome, bright and clear with good contrast. I have looked at these/mk4's/nikon monarchs side by side using resolution charts at 200yrds and the zeiss have by far the best glass to my eyes. The adjustments are solid and repeatable and I have total confidence in my zero.......so long as I don't bang the scope around too much!

gr8fuldoug is GTG by the way. I bought one of my scopes from his demo sale and would do so again if I had the funds