• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zeiss LRP S3 New First Focal Plane Riflescopes for Long-Range Precision Shooting

I'm afraid, like all manufacturers seem to do with a popular product, they're going to blow them out now, discontinue them, release an "updated" version at about $3100, and try and sell them based on their popularity now. Call it a hunch.
They already make one... It's called the LRP S5... 😂

Well I found the Zeiss to be better suited for the 10/22. So easy to dial, so much elevation, and the bright center-only illumination will be handy for squirrel hunting on low power. I do wish the reticle was more like the MSR2 though. It’s a bit busy for my taste but it works. The colors have more pop than my TX6i for sure, the orange painted gong stood out better. About the same clarity between the two but the T6Xi is easier to sit behind.

365 yards kicked my butt today but 160 was easy peasy.

Attachments

• IMG_7445.jpeg
    IMG_7445.jpeg
    405.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_7437.jpeg
    IMG_7437.jpeg
    500.6 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: FuhQ
Mount it before calling the eye box "very unforgiving". I have used mine in matches in many different positions and don't find that at all. It's pretty easy to get behind.
does it bother you at all how tall the elevation turret is as far as target Aquisition?? i am looking very hard at this optic for my dasher.

I got my 425 here on the Hide and I am pretty pleased with it. It doesn’t have the same eyebox forgiveness of my zco 527, but honesty my eyes can live behind the Zeiss all day long while I have eye fatigue with the zco pretty quickly, mostly when shooting paper at the range and no, my diopter is fine on both. So far I use it on my trainer but I will give it a try in a match sooner than later. At 16x-18x I love it when shooting positionally. Love the reticle too.

does it bother you at all how tall the elevation turret is as far as target Aquisition?? i am looking very hard at this optic for my dasher.
They aren't tall at all. Not sure why people always say this about the S3. No taller than the Burris Pro or similar scopes. Below is a pic of the Steiner, Burris Pro and S3. Hard to hold all close but you can see they aren't overly tall. But to answer your question no there is no problem finding targets with the elevation knob. I run them on my centerfire and rimfire match rifles.

IMG_E3529.JPG

The Burris knob held next to S3.

IMG_E3530.JPG

Thanks bud for the pics!! I am 99% thats the route im going. i really like the reticle to, i have a friend who is bringing one to the Frostbite match this weekend so i will actually get to look through it. Thanks again.

Reactions: Rob01
They are tall compared to the T6Xi turrets which look more reasonable to me. Personal preference.

They are tall compared to the T6Xi turrets which look more reasonable to me. Personal preference.

They are maybe a 1/4" taller and the pic is a little misleading by the angles and how I tried to hold the rifles up. The S3 turrets are not overly tall. I will say they are easier to grab and spin than the T6XI.

Reactions: Milf Dots
They are maybe a 1/4" taller and the pic is a little misleading by the angles and how I tried to hold the rifles up. The S3 turrets are not overly tall. I will say they are easier to grab and spin than the T6XI.
Agreed. The Zeiss turrets are so easy to dial. I wish the T6Xi turrets were just a bit taller for gloved use.

Reactions: Rob01
Contemplating getting the 4-25 S3 for my GAP10. I just pulled a ATACR 5-25 off and it was very disappointing…. Has zeiss worked out some issues with these?

Reactions: TheBigCountry
Contemplating getting the 4-25 S3 for my GAP10. I just pulled a ATACR 5-25 off and it was very disappointing…. Has zeiss worked out some issues with these?
You mean those non-existent issues that the internet loves to repeat and gossip about, but those of us who actually own them have yet to experience personally? Sure, why not... 😂

Yes, it's a phenomenal scope. I've had my 6-36x for about a year now, no issues, great scope. 👍🏼

You mean those non-existent issues that the internet loves to repeat and gossip about, but those of us who actually own them have yet to experience personally? Sure, why not... 😂

Yes, it's a phenomenal scope. I've had my 6-36x for about a year now, no issues, great scope. 👍🏼

Haha I kinda figured as much. Looking at the 4-25 for my GAP10.

Haha I kinda figured as much. Looking at the 4-25 for my GAP10.
You'll enjoy it. Excellent glass. I also have a 5-25x56 ATACR F1 MIL-XT and other than the glass being a bit neutral (not very bright), the tunneling affect (constricted internal FOV inside the scope), and the Parallax that even Ray Charles could tell you was way off, it's a great scope. Some people don't mind those things, but my eyes like brighter glass, and I prefer the internal FOV of the scope to be edge-to-edge, and not like I'm looking through a paper towel roll. The parallax being so far off is just a travesty...They really need to fix that, i'm not the only one who's griped about that. To get a clear image at 100 yards, I have to set mine around 60 yards. Also, the whole entire rotating eyepiece is retarded and needs to be replaced with just a moving ring and a stationary ocular, like every other scope on planet earth.

If you could put the MIL-XT reticle in a Zeiss S3 and S5 scope, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

CS Tactical is now a Zeiss Authorized dealer and we are waiting on our shipment of S5's to come in.
We are excited about this promo!

-Richard

Good day so I had a look at a zeiss s3 4-25 and Leupold mark 5hd in a shop and too me the Leupold looked a lot better couldn’t really focus the zeiss at further distances do you guys think it was a defected scope or does the Leupold just have better glass.

Good day so I had a look at a zeiss s3 4-25 and Leupold mark 5hd in a shop and too me the Leupold looked a lot better couldn’t really focus the zeiss at further distances do you guys think it was a defected scope or does the Leupold just have better glass.
Did you play with the diopter at all or only the parallax?

Can’t speak to Mark 5 glass but routinely take that exact Zeiss past 1000 yds and have never had a focus issue. If properly adjusted and you can’t focus could be a defect.

Inside a store you can't really tell anything. The Zeiss has better glass than the MK5HD. That's been noted on here by many folks. I'm also betting you didn't check the diopter to ensure it was properly set before trying to adjust the parallax.

I can't decide between the S3 4-25 or S3 6-36.....

Which one has the more forgiving eyebox? ..... especially in the upper 1/3 of their magnification range??

I can't decide between the S3 4-25 or S3 6-36.....

Which one has the more forgiving eyebox? ..... especially in the upper 1/3 of their magnification range??
If the upper magnification is your main concern then the 6-36 would be the way to go vs the 4-25 as the 6-36 will be no issue at all up to 30x