• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zeiss LRP S3 New First Focal Plane Riflescopes for Long-Range Precision Shooting

Thanks. Was thinking about one but maybe now I should wait a little bit until they get these bugs worked out.
Personally I would. They are a great scope of its fully functioning but they definitely need to get the qc under control since right now it's a toss up it seems

Reactions: Rob01
🤦‍♂️Only on snipershide does someone want to question if you can identify something is metal. Did I scratch test it for you no, do I have lab grade trading equipment to give you lab tests results. You can feel that it's metal, you can hear that it's metal, you can see its metal in person. I'm sure you could taste that is metal if someone is so inclined.

I literally made a point of checking after I saw the question asked.
So take it or leave it because at this point because there is nothing further I can do for you. Meanwhile I'll wait for my replacement since I just sent mine off this morning for the second time.

Thanks for checking into it.

I got one of these 4-25 models to T&E and was pretty disappointed with it. The eye box seemed extremely tight and the picture almost looked squished or compressed from the top of the picture and seemed to have a tunneled look. Not sure if that makes sense, but I had three other shooters look at it and they felt the same way. The fit and finish of the scope was really good and I like the reticle but optically it really disappointed. Maybe it was just a bad one but I felt it was harder to get behind than both NF NX8 models and a March 3-24x52.

Anymore updates of people who have received either of the LRP S3s? Still interested and wondering what others thoughts are having had them a while.

Anymore updates of people who have received either of the LRP S3s? Still interested and wondering what others thoughts are having had them a while.
20230122_151346.jpg

I just chambered this rifle the other day, so only shot the zeiss a few times. But I absolutely love it. Super crisp. Turrets feel really nice. Glad I went with it.

How's the eye box on the 36x? Easy to get behind?
I have to adjust a little. But it's not bad, don't have much to compare it to as highest power I have used previously is 24x.

So personally for me it's easy to get behind but I'd suggest getting hands on one if you plan on spending any time at that power. Sweet spot is around 20-24for me

I love mine on the 300 PRC. Took it out to 800 yds at the main range I go to. I hope to go over to North East Texas Tactical sometime in Feb or March to try my hand and the S3 out to a mile. I just got the sunshade from Midway USA. Kinda disheartened that it just came with the rubber band caps, yet the Zeiss flip caps are $150 each.

I love mine on the 300 PRC. Took it out to 800 yds at the main range I go to. I hope to go over to North East Texas Tactical sometime in Feb or March to try my hand and the S3 out to a mile. I just got the sunshade from Midway USA. Kinda disheartened that it just came with the rubber band caps, yet the Zeiss flip caps are $150 each.

Have you found caps for the s3?

Have you found caps for the s3? Just on Amazon.

Have you found caps for the s3?
MK machining does excellent 3D printed caps for the 25x and 36x models.

As far as my 36x, yes the eyebox at 36x is a bit tight, but it's also tight on my Vortex 36x HD, I really think 36 power is just that way and there is not anything out there that is perfect. I like using 30x as it loosens the eyebox and provides good image quality.

Anyone with a 4-25 and/or 6-36 when you dial down to around 15x how much of the reticle is usable for hold overs? 20x?

Thanks but wondering how much you can actually see at those powers in each scope? Just wondering for comparison purposes.

Thanks but wondering how much you can actually see at those powers in each scope? Just wondering for comparison purposes.
Looking thru my 4-25 S3 at 15x, the amount of usable reticle matches this almost exactly. Perhaps just a small amount less. But the numbers on the 10 Mil stadia are clearly visible.

1676006836484.png

At 20x, the 5 Mil windage marks on the 8 Mil stadia are visible, but not the numbers 8. The 9.6 Mil is at the lower edge. Close to what DLS indicated above.

Last edited:
Thanks all. That’s a good amount of hold available. Trying to decide on 4–25 or 6-36 and just wondering about the holds as I used 10 mils this past weekend on a stage and it’s good to have at least that.

I also compared the Zeiss to the the 5-30 Burris Pro since it was sitting there and on 20x I could definitely see more holdover in the Pro. FWIW.
i have slept since then but maybe another full mil and a half

I also compared the Zeiss to the the 5-30 Burris Pro since it was sitting there and on 20x I could definitely see more holdover in the Pro. FWIW.
i have slept since then but maybe another full mil and a half

Thanks got a Pro on hand and a second showing up on Tuesday. I really like the optic. Any other comparisons between the two you can add?

Funny you ask. I have two Pro’s as well and took the one that has the SCR 1/4 reticle and the Zeiss to the range yesterday and planned on doing some comparisons but the owner of the range was there and he and I got into several long winded conversations and I only got to use the Zeiss on my B14 R
I will definitely do some layman casual comparisons as as I too am curious.
I also have the Pro with the Horus Tremor 5.
I have some fun decisions to make here pretty quick as I am supposed to pick up my Vudoo this afternoon.

Reactions: Hardpan and Rob01
Funny you ask. I have two Pro’s as well and took the one that has the SCR 1/4 reticle and the Zeiss to the range yesterday and planned on doing some comparisons but the owner of the range was there and he and I got into several long winded conversations and I only got to use the Zeiss on my B14 R
I will definitely do some layman casual comparisons as as I too am curious.
I also have the Pro with the Horus Tremor 5.
I have some fun decisions to make here pretty quick as I am supposed to pick up my Vudoo this afternoon.

Thanks. Would be good to hear some side by side comparisons between the two. The Zeiss has a ton more elevation which is nice but if other things don’t measure up then the 26 mils in the Pro can be made to work fine.

Ok, o need some help.

Today I went out to North East Texas Tactical range that goes out to a mile. I verified my zero with them and then did their qualifier of 300-700 yd shots in no more then 7 shots in 5 min.

I get that part done then I’m at 1500 yds hitting and I dial my elevation up for the mile shot and I’m no where near. I come back to the zero verification and I’m 5 mils low 😮.

I double checked for baffle strike, made sure things are tight, (checked action screws after o got home).

I do remember at about 20 mil of elevation it got tight and I didn’t hear or feel the audible clicks.

I’m at a loss other than maybe pulling bullets and double checking my load. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Ok, o need some help.

Today I went out to North East Texas Tactical range that goes out to a mile. I verified my zero with them and then did their qualifier of 300-700 yd shots in no more then 7 shots in 5 min.

I get that part done then I’m at 1500 yds hitting and I dial my elevation up for the mile shot and I’m no where near. I come back to the zero verification and I’m 5 mils low 😮.

I double checked for baffle strike, made sure things are tight, (checked action screws after o got home).

I do remember at about 20 mil of elevation it got tight and I didn’t hear or feel the audible clicks.

I’m at a loss other than maybe pulling bullets and double checking my load. Any ideas?

Did you have close to enough MILs to hit a mile just dialing? Tell us about your setup. Sounds like you possibly reached the end of travel and then just kept spinning it?

Last edited:
Yeah, it kinda sounds like you may have maxed out the elevation and then slipped the turret which effected your zero. I would first re-zero then test the tracking at closer ranges, like a box test at say 200-300 yards to verify the scope is ok. I bet if you remove the turret you may see the signs of the turret cap slipping on the actual turret. But I am not 100% sure how these turret caps attach to the turret, I am assuming it is like most with a set screw or two.

Did you have close to enough MILs to hit a mile just dialing? Tell ya about your setup. Sounds like you possibly reached the end of travel and then just kept spinning if?
I wasn’t able to hit the mile shot. I’m curious and hoping I didn’t foul this thing up if I went past the end of travel.

Now that I’m back home the elevation turns more than 20 mils with the clicks. I’m not sure if the grease wasn’t distributed.

300 prc, impact action, proof prefit cf barrel, dead air can, trigger tech diamond trigger.

Initially zeroed at 100 with 77.1 gr retumbo, 205 gr elite hunter, lapua brass, 250 CCI primers

I wasn’t able to hit the mile shot. I’m curious and hoping I didn’t foul this thing up if I went past the end of travel.

Now that I’m back home the elevation turns more than 20 mils with the clicks. I’m not sure if the grease wasn’t distributed.

300 prc, impact action, proof prefit cf barrel, dead air can, trigger tech diamond trigger.

Initially zeroed at 100 with 77.1 gr retumbo, 205 gr elite hunter, lapua brass, 250 CCI primers
Any cant in your rail and/or scope mount? Is is the 4-25 or 6-36?

Yeah you are probably maxing at 21-22 mils as half of 32 is 16 plus about 5.8 mils for the 20 moa base.

Possibly. Zero stop didn't shift did it? Was it tight enough?

Yeah I would make sure it's snug after zeroing and then easily turn up until you hit the top of your elevation and see how much you have. Should be in that 21-22 mil area. You might need to hold the rest in the reticle. I had to do that with my old Razor II on a 7mmRM with a 20 moa base to hit a mile but was able to put 2 out of 3 on a 12" plate using the reticle so it will work.

ETA You can watch the reticle as you are turning to see it move and when it stops that's all you got for elevation.

Yeah exactly what Rob said, also while your adjusting it watch for the reticle to "jump" while dialing. I have seen that before after an "event".

Reactions: Hardpan
For those looking for cheap covers that don't say Butler Creek on them, these Burris caps work great on the 6-36x56, got them in today. Burris # 626045 for the RT-25 scopes.

Should be getting my LRP S3 6-36 ordered up tomorrow. Hopefully have it by next week and mounted up. Have a steel silhouette on the 12th and would love to use it in that. Now with the new Zeiss scope caps coming out I don't need to search for a set.

Well it came in and I have to say from the initial inspection while and after mounting this scope is nice! Glass is great and the reticleis a good size and easy to see even when dialing down power. Also to the discussion of the reticle bleed on max power, mine didn't have it in bright daylight. If I covered the objective with my hand and looked I saw some small spots like most scope but in bright daylight it's about the perfect brightness.

I like the way the windage and parallax/illumination reference marks are higher up so easily seen when behind the rifle. I was hearing some say the knobs are on the large side but I don't think they are. They are a good size to be able to reach up and grab and spin.

All in all Zeiss did a great job on this scope. Will be bringing it out to the range tomorrow to get zeroed and run it through it's paces.

IMG_3247.jpg
IMG_3248.jpg

The more I play with my 6-36 on my 6.5 PRC the more I look around for things to sell to fund a 4-25 for my 22LR...

The more I play with my 6-36 on my 6.5 PRC the more I look around for things to sell to fund a 4-25 for my 22LR...

After having mine at the range today I may be doing the same. LOL Seriously though it's an excellent optic for sure. I posted some info in other threads but will just cut and paste it here so I don't have to type. I really would like to try a 4-25 at some point on my centerfire rifle.

Well just got back from the range a little while ago and figured I would update. Had my friend Gary @DownhillFromHere at the sight in 50/100 range with his Gen III Razor and ZCO as well. I looked at the Razor, Zeiss and Burris Pro first and then let him take a look but I didn't say what I felt so not to muddy the waters. After he got done he said the same thing I saw. The Zeiss and Razor III were even with the Pro just a smidge behind them with glass. I say a smidge and mean a smidge in that it won't make you miss a target but just a hair better clarity. The ZCO was a little better as to be expected. I then took the Zeiss and Pro over to the longer range and with the heavy mirage today it was a good test. The Zeiss again edged out the Pro in cutting mirage.

All in all Zeiss did a great job on this scope. Was easy to get zeroed and set zero stop. I ended up with 26.5 mils of up elevation on a 40 MOA base on my Vudoo so can dial past 400 yards. Here's a couple pics of the scopes sitting next to each other. I just threw some Butler Creek Element caps on the Zeiss until the Zeiss caps come out in April.

IMG_3255.jpg

After having mine at the range today I may be doing the same. LOL Seriously though it's an excellent optic for sure. I posted some info in other threads but will just cut and paste it here so I don't have to type. I really would like to try a 4-25 at some point on my centerfire rifle.

Well just got back from the range a little while ago and figured I would update. Had my friend Gary @DownhillFromHere at the sight in 50/100 range with his Gen III Razor and ZCO as well. I looked at the Razor, Zeiss and Burris Pro first and then let him take a look but I didn't say what I felt so not to muddy the waters. After he got done he said the same thing I saw. The Zeiss and Razor III were even with the Pro just a smidge behind them with glass. I say a smidge and mean a smidge in that it won't make you miss a target but just a hair better clarity. The ZCO was a little better as to be expected. I then took the Zeiss and Pro over to the longer range and with the heavy mirage today it was a good test. The Zeiss again edged out the Pro in cutting mirage.

All in all Zeiss did a great job on this scope. Was easy to get zeroed and set zero stop. I ended up with 26.5 mils of up elevation on a 40 MOA base on my Vudoo so can dial past 400 yards. Here's a couple pics of the scopes sitting next to each other. I just threw some Butler Creek Element caps on the Zeiss until the Zeiss caps come out in April.

View attachment 8088992
Very nice. I have a 30 MOA M-Brace that would go nicely with a 50 MOA rail to get me to 650+ with my CZ 457. No I’ll never shoot it competitively past 300 but it would be fun at the range!

I know @Tyler Kemp mentioned his has well over 50 MILs of elevation, wondering if I can get away with 80 MOA of cant and a 50 yard zero…

I know @Tyler Kemp mentioned his has well over 50 MILs of elevation, wondering if I can get away with 80 MOA of cant and a 50 yard zero…

You might. It’s one of those places where putting half the scopes elevation in cant may work if it has some extra but may not. Worse case is you just get a mount with 10 or 20 moa in it.