• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zeptember has Zomething New

Any info? Power range? New non tree reticle?

Deersniper was talking about Zeptember, said he's a poor now and can't afford one.

F68A166C-5DAE-474F-AD85-F2BB040348D1.jpeg.jpg

When yer old like me, it matters more...🤣

If the pics in this thread are authentic, my guess is a 4-36x56 and an S3 box. 34mm tube? And a bunch of cine lenses lol
3C3205F4-7305-48B7-BA5A-7AF372AA456A.jpeg
816FED4D-287C-4ED7-BE51-19FD457FB5CF.jpeg
8E9297E4-ABDA-44FF-9EAD-72821A0C52C6.jpeg

I think your right. Looks like 36 to me.

View attachment 7950698
I glanced at that originally but it looked like a “16” to me. But I missed the dots or lines above the number, which ended right above it, signifying the end of the zoom range.

That detail added into the rest of the clues definitely clinches It.

The clues were obviously placed there to increase interest. Ah, the marketing game!

Although…the pic with the “4” on the zoom ring…that scope’s shape looks distinctly different than the pic with the S3 box. It’s short and thick, with a sharply flared objective bell. No dots above zoom numbers.

Conversely, the two scopes in the S3 box pic (the illustration on the box and the real scope lying on top of it) are thinner with a more gradual flared objective bell. They have dots above zoom numbers. Maybe a 30mm tube?

Maybe the S3 box scope is a Nightforce NX8 4-32 competitor, only it’s a 8x erector 4.5-36 or a 9x erector 4-36…or…or…maybe…a 10x 3.6-36???

The scope Frank said was a “nice picture of the 3-18x” was marked starting at 3.6x. And it has dots above the zoom numbers. But it looks different than the other two scopes in this thread.

This may be an elaborate game of Clue, where nothing is as it seems but the answer is right in front of you.

Reactions: Anzac
No way pics authentic, objects in foreground would be larger than objects in background.

View attachment 7950745
??? Looks fine to me.

Just noticed the fellow in the red with the "es" on the armband is probably the same guy shooting the zeiss 4-to-whatever. I sort of assume that's Frank.

@Mr. F , where'd you get that pic? Or are you part of the coverup lol

frank?.png

??? Looks fine to me.

Just noticed the fellow in the red with the "es" on the armband is probably the same guy shooting the zeiss 4-to-whatever. I sort of assume that's Frank.

@Mr. F , where'd you get that pic? Or are you part of the coverup lol

View attachment 7950773
There are a bunch of pics from the CO Guardian match on FB and IG…

Ok, so after taking a look at Zeiss' current scope offerings (I'm not a Zeiss guy), it looks like Zeiss uses the number in the model to denote the erector ratio. For example, S5 = 5x, V8 = 8x (actually 7.3x or 7.8x), etc.

So is the S3 moniker a red herring? A 3x zoom ending at 36x would make it a 12-36x (or a 11.7-35x), which is weird. A benchrest or maybe F-class scope?

But this supposed S3 scope has a parallax knob that looks a lot like the hunting V8 line.

Erase part of an number 8 and you get a 3.

So is this a S8 crossover 30mm tube 4.8-35 scope? (The V8 line has a 4.8-35x60 in a 36mm tube)

But the second scope that starts with 4x looks thicker, like a 34mm tube. If we go with the idea that Zeiss is rolling out two “S” scopes, and the S5 scopes use a 34mm tube, than that scope would be a S5 4-20.

Or is this the first model 4-16x S4? Or a 4-12x S3?

Ok this has been a fun game and I’m almost certainly wrong and @lowlight is having a laugh at all our expense as he is the puppet-master. Goodnight.

645FCBC3-93DA-4414-9B1E-06A5C2DB004D.jpeg

Last edited:
6-36 hopefully 35-40 mil 👍

Ok, weird. They broke with their naming convention. They should be called S6 for their 6x erector. 4-24x50 and a 6-36x56.

So Zeiss marketing dept won the naming battle over the engineering dept (S3 vs the logical S6). Naming the scopes S6 might’ve implied they are a step above the S5 line, which I guess they are not.

I swear I can hear the faint sound of gnashing of (German) teeth wafting over the Atlantic.

Reactions: D_TROS