• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zero change question

elarteperfecto

Private
Minuteman
May 17, 2011
Argentina
Hello, Im´from Argentina and I have a .308 bolt rifle custom (FM heavy bull barrel, SS 10x42 scope, and Mauser 1909 action).
I need some help and this is the perfect place to ask.
I zero my rifle .308 at 100 meters with 25°C and I´m dead on target; I check my dope table at 600 meters and it tells me to dial 18.5 MOA (black berry gunsim.com soft); I dial my scope 18.5 MOA and hit my target (and E-siluette).
Back at home, I check the soft dope at 600 meters with a 5°C and it tells me to dial 19.5 MOA. I know that my zero will drop 3 cm (1 MOA) with 5°C aprox. The question is, how much dope would I have to dial in my scope if I don´t change my original zero, 19.5 MOA as the soft says or 20.5 MOA taking note of the zero variation?If you can give an answer about this, I will be very gratefull

I don´t know very much about density altitud, but the same place and the same pressure (29 ingh), the only thing different is the temperature. Any clue?