• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zero Compromise Optic ring and mount options

Which chassis?

Zcomp has told me to torque them to whatever the manufacturer says.

I have my spuhr at 25 in/lbs and no prob. So the arc design with one bolt will be fine at 55.

I’ll probably be running the 4-20 on my AI AT in an MPA but I also have a Curtis vector in an Mpa. Should both be pretty similar. The AI might sit a little higher in the chassis, we’ll see today when chassis shows up.

I’ll probably be running the 4-20 on my AI AT in an MPA but I also have a Curtis vector in an Mpa. Should both be pretty similar. The AI might sit a little higher in the chassis, we’ll see today when chassis shows up.

Should be fine with 1.1” rings as there’s no forend rail and both are 60 deg throw.

Reactions: Gilly
Since I am planning a ZC review later this year and the 36mm ring situation is an important factor I spoke with an number of companies about 36mm options. Here is what I heard:

Bobro - Andrew is in wait and see mode on demand. He can do it quickly and easily if he decides that way but he is not sure if enough demand will materialize.

Spuhr - In addition to the 0mil and 16mil 1 pc bases (I think these are both 1.5" height) he currently has there will be a 1.18" 20moa and a 1.5" 20moa 1pc. There will also be some in the new line of lower priced, lighter, hunting mounts.

Badger Ordnance - Actually used to make some 36mm when the Hensoldt came out. Wasn't enough demand to keep doing it. If there becomes enough demand they will start again.

Seekins - No plans for at least 2019. Sure they can change after that if enough demand comes but they doubt it.

MPA - They currently make a 0MOA 1 pc. They are considering adding a 20MOA

APA - 35mm and 36mm rings are on the to-do list but expect a year out as they are not at the top of that list.

Hawkins - No 36mm plans at this time.

So, there are some new choices in mounts that will be coming out in the near future. Between Spuhr and MPA you should be able to get a 20moa before too long. Spuhr may also add some more lightweight ring options from their hunting line.

Reactions: Bravo6niner
Since I am planning a ZC review later this year and the 36mm ring situation is an important factor I spoke with an number of companies about 36mm options. Here is what I heard:

Bobro - Andrew is in wait and see mode on demand. He can do it quickly and easily if he decides that way but he is not sure if enough demand will materialize.

Spuhr - In addition to the 0mil and 16mil 1 pc bases (I think these are both 1.5" height) he currently has there will be a 1.18" 20moa and a 1.5" 20moa 1pc. There will also be some in the new line of lower priced, lighter, hunting mounts.

Badger Ordnance - Actually used to make some 36mm when the Hensoldt came out. Wasn't enough demand to keep doing it. If there becomes enough demand they will start again.

Seekins - No plans for at least 2019. Sure they can change after that if enough demand comes but they doubt it.

MPA - They currently make a 0MOA 1 pc. They are considering adding a 20MOA

APA - 35mm and 36mm rings are on the to-do list but expect a year out as they are not at the top of that list.

Hawkins - No 36mm plans at this time.

So, there are some new choices in mounts that will be coming out in the near future. Between Spuhr and MPA you should be able to get a 20moa before too long. Spuhr may also add some more lightweight ring options from their hunting line.

Spuhr already offers 1.18 zero moa, not just 1.5”.

6001 model. Just an FYI for your list.

And American Rifle Co. makes 36mm individual rings. Really Right Stuff has a 36mm mount also.

Can you confirm Zco stands behind using the high torque spec on ARC rings? Can’t remember off hand if it’s 50 or 55 inch pounds. I know some scope companies have advised against it or did early on.

Can you confirm Zco stands behind using the high torque spec on ARC rings? Can’t remember off hand if it’s 50 or 55 inch pounds. I know some scope companies have advised against it or did early on.
Im using 55 on 2 zcomp for arc no problem at all

Reactions: Gilly

It’s in the manual.

Any word yet on the release date for Spuhr lighter weight hunting option on the mount/rings for the ZCO? Anyone know the weight difference b/w the ARC 0 moa rings compared to the Spuhr 0 moa mount? Can’t find it listed anywhere for either. I would imagine the ARCs are lighter just based off of less material in the build. And lastly, any pros/cons of running ARC over Spuhr? Thanks

Any word yet on the release date for Spuhr lighter weight hunting option on the mount/rings for the ZCO? Anyone know the weight difference b/w the ARC 0 moa rings compared to the Spuhr 0 moa mount? Can’t find it listed anywhere for either. I would imagine the ARCs are lighter just based off of less material in the build. And lastly, any pros/cons of running ARC over Spuhr? Thanks

Pro: can control spacing/location with ARC

Con: no accessory mounting locations on arc

Also, zcomp is not a lightweight optic at all. It’s not the optic you’d want if you’re looking for a lightweight build. A few ounces difference in ring weight isn’t going to matter.

Yea, I am not attempting to build a sheep rifle here w/ a ZCO on top. That’s for the NX8. Just trying to educate myself between the two as I have never owned either the Spuhr or ARC. This is a rifle I will hunt with mainly so I really have no plans to put accessories on it. Weight savings on a hunting rig is always nice when it’s possible, let’s be honest. Shave weight on some things not on others (I.e glass). Gonna be in 9.5 lb range which more than works for me. As you said a few ounces wont be noticeable. Sounds like the ACR may be a better option for me given my intentions. Thank you.

Yea, I am not attempting to build a sheep rifle here w/ a ZCO on top. That’s for the NX8. Just trying to educate myself between the two as I have never owned either the Spuhr or ARC. This is a rifle I will hunt with mainly so I really have no plans to put accessories on it. Weight savings on a hunting rig is always nice when it’s possible, let’s be honest. Shave weight on some things not on others (I.e glass). Gonna be in 9.5 lb range which more than works for me. As you said a few ounces wont be noticeable. Sounds like the ACR may be a better option for me given my intentions. Thank you.

ARC rings and mounts are really nice.

Here is a pic of my rig using ARC 36mm 20moa one piece M24 contour.

Is that the ARC 1.57" (40mm) or the 1.38" (35mm)

I'm thinking of putting the 5-27 with ARC medium 1.10" (28mm) on a 20moa cant with MTU bbl. Hoping that will fit.

Anyone with pics with the above setup description?

Last edited:
I opted for the 36mm ARC "low" (24mm) rings for my ZCO 4-20×50 for my new build. I should have the rifle next week, but had to mount up the scope/rings on another rifle just to go play with it last weekend.
R700
Seekins 20MOA Picatinny rail
Bartlein #3b

My new rifle build is:
Kelbly Tac w. 20MOA Picatinny rail
Proof "Sendero"