• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zero press versus Redding T-7 turret.

$100 isn’t unsubstantial I guess, but there’s at least $100 more machining in the Zero’s billet heads vs the Redding’s castings.

$100 isn’t unsubstantial I guess, but there’s at least $100 more machining in the Zero’s billet heads vs the Redding’s castings.

Oh I agree. I think the point he's making is that with a Co-ax, you can spend $400 and then you're done spending. If you want a zero and also don't want to possibly be setting up dies constantly....and you have a lot of dies....it's going to cost you around $2k to do that. To have the same repeatability as the co-ax.

Or you'll have to find lock rings that stay on the dies and thread back down perfectly repeatable. Then you can must use one head in Zero.

Reactions: marchboom
You can remove your dies from one turret and put different dies in. No one is forcing you to buy multiple turrets. What an odd argument.
How much are turrets for all the other turret presses on the market?
I understand but isn't that the reason behind the turret press? To eliminate having to always change the dies and possibly losing that exact setting?

The Lyman 8 station press turrets are $75-$80 each. This issue is that the price of these turret presses continues to add up.

Yep.

Once you get dies adjusted especially a sizing die it is really really really nice to be able to leave them installed in a tool head.

Reactions: marchboom
If you’re a guy loading for a whole pile of different rifle calibers I suppose a turret press might not be for you if you want to save money on equipment while maintaining die adjustment. Unless you spring for extra turret heads, you don’t see the benefits. Stick with a Co-Ax.

I try to keep my life a little more simple and limit the number of calibers I load for. I’m also seeing a big advantage in a sizing die concept like the SAC modular resizing die. Between the SAC modular sizing die and a SAC seating die you can handle A LOT of different cartridges based on cartridge family or base diameter without needing a pile of dies.