• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zero stops for SWFA Super Sniper Scopes

So the S3 set is figured out and good to go?

TAG Please PM me a price for 5 sets. I didn't know if you had a discount for quanity. Thanks!

Zero stops for SWFA Super Sniper Scopes

I have not been following too much, I see New Years orders hasn't gone out yet.

I place an order Christmas week. Are those enroute?

Last edited:
I can't say enough about how awesome TimK. is to deal with. We had a mix up on the shipment and he issued me a refund no questions asked. Truly a stand up guy. Deal with confidence!

I'm really interested in a set or two for a Sightron SIII. Was the test batch for regular target turrets, or the tactical exposed turrets?

I'm really interested in a set or two for a Sightron SIII. Was the test batch for regular target turrets, or the tactical exposed turrets?

From Rockbox's post:
"Skullybones was kind enough to send me a set to try out on my Sightron SIII 6-24 Mil-Hash FFP. The set he sent me were designed for the SS so the thickness markings were off since the travel on the SS and the Sightron Mil are different. The 1/4 shims took up about 1/3 of a revolution of the SS. Other than that, the shims worked perfectly and I was able to get the turrets to stop 1 click below zero. Skully said he would adjust the shim thickness for SIII orders, so I would not hesitate to give everyone two thumbs-up for using the shims on Sightron models like mine. Here is a picture of the shims on my scope.

SEE POST #131
"

I'm also very interested in the ones for the Sightron Slll with the tactical exposed turrets.

I should have a set for the SIII 6-24X FFP MH with exposed tactical turrets in my possession soon. I'll post my results.

Last edited:
Tim any chance we could see these for the Bushnell Elites or Weaver GST?

We're they shipped today or a few days ago? Looking forward to getting mine that I ordered

Just got my shims for my SS 10X Mil/Mil scope. The shim's quality is excellent and I was able to get my zero stop set up and I currently am able to dial .3 mils below my zero.
High quality kit, and highly recomended.

Heath

Received the shims today for my SS 5-20. I only needed one shim for one turn and the knob is .3 mils low. Thanks.

Buy these shims with confidence!!! Tim is a good guy to deal with, and the product although simplistic does it's job. This is a nice touch to scopes that already are good performers.

Will,

You did in fact get the correct sets. As Tim stated, when I get back into town we will clarify the production sets with a new video.

The shims marked 2 and 1 are the deadspace in the cap plus two or one revolution(s). The +1, +1/2, +1/4, are to tune the zero stop to a finer degree. In your setup having the +1 and 1 stacked is equivalent to just the 2 shim. The +1 is for the rare case in needing a three revolution zero stop, in which you would combine the 2 and +1. We found that making a 3 was redundant within the set.

Hope that clears things up a bit for everyone.

So we should be receiving 4 washers instead of the 6 shown in the video? I received my ss 5-20 today and only had 4 washers (2,1, 1/2, 1/4). Mine seems good at 2 1/2" of shims but I was just curious.

Last edited:
So we should be receiving 4 washers instead of the 6 shown in the video? I received my ss 5-20 today and only had 4 washers (2,1, 1/2, 1/4). Mine seems good at 2 1/2" of shims but I was just curious.

Yes, the 5-20 is a four shim set. This is because the scope only has three revolutions of total travel.

------------------------
As to the next question. The shim kit feels very solid. It is noticeable when you reach the zero stop. No mush and no chance to go further. I am positive other users will back this up.
Jared

Installed my set today and it works great. I'm in love with my SWFA 10x42 and this solves the spin-til-you-get-dizzy problem with the elevation turret. I previously had to get back to zero by carefully eyeballing a small notch I carved into the turret housing with my pocket knife.

Now if you guys could just come up with an illumination mod the scope would be all a guy could ask for! SWFA if you're reading this, please please please add an illuminated reticle to your 10X line up!

You better check with sightron on this. I showed a brief interest until I called for the company'is opinion. They felt this would destroy the elevation mechanism in short order. There are two engineered elevation stops, anything in between will fuck up the scope. Sounds like they're also ready to tell the individuals using such stops to get fucked in regards to warranty. Caveat emptor.

Is it a pretty solid stop with the 5-20?

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

I need to experiment with it some more and if anyone can provide input please do as I'm by no means a gun smith or expert marksmen. I had my 5-20 dialed in for 100yds with one revolution at 7 (+3 hashes), let's say 7.3. With 2.5" of shim it stops at 7 smoothly and takes a little extra to get those last few mils. Should I loosen my Allen key up a little to achieve an exact zero stop or be satisfied with where I'm at and finess the last few mils once I get back down to 7? I'd be perfectly happy with leaving it but I'm just unsure if there's a method to get it exactly spot on.

Last edited:
Tim I sent you $40 for 2 sets and have not heard anything about when they would be shipped.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP can you update the OP on price and kits available?

Depending on price I'm interested for a zero kit for a SWFA 3-15 Mil/Mil.

PM imbound but for future readers/customers posting all info ie price,kits available, ship cost ect would help a ton. Skimmed through 3 pages of this and couldnt find the price or if these were in fact for sale yet.

That said Awesome ingenuity! Like DIY stuff that works!

Thanks! Got mine in the mail a while ago now. Just waiting for a good day to scout out a long area on the property to shoot.

Will post once I get zeroed and the shims in.

This was for a fixed 6x moa.

Hay Tim I got my set the day we spoke over Email. Thanks! I havent got my rifle zero'd yet but went ahead and tryed one out! They worked great! Awesome product!

Got my shims yesterday and installed them last night. Thanks for the great product.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk