• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zero stops for SWFA Super Sniper Scopes

Have you sent swfa a set for the 5-20 yet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Awesome. Please let us know what they say. Seems like a good deal, but I would like the nod from them before I put them in a $1300 scope.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

has anyone determined if these will work with the swfa 10x HD?

Hopefully someone on the Hide has taken this chance already. Here is a review from M4carbine.net that claims they work: Zero stops for SWFA Super Sniper Scopes

I also returned your PM Urquell.
-------------------------------------------------
Thanks again to everybody running these stops. We are glad to offer a product that makes a solid scope more user friendly.
Jared

I already sent PP for a 3-15x set, but I just wanted to say thank you for making these. Great idea, and I'm excited to put them to use.

Received sets for a couple of 3-15s and 5-20. Installed and they work great.

Great product! Thanks guys

We are discontinuing the 5-20 shim sets. SWFA tested them and found that they could potentially damage the scope if one were to crank hard on the knob when it hits the stop. We strongly encourage users of the 5-20 shim sets to return them for a refund.

I'll be individually emailing all the current owners of the 5-20 sets to notify them.

Shit! If they are saying this about the 5-20, it makes me question if I want to put them in the other scopes I ordered for. I sincerely hope this doesn't "tank" your project and this great idea/solution you brought to market. Did they say what the difference was in the 5-20 compared to the other scopes you've made shims for?

In what way could they "potentially" damage the scope?

The 5-20 and I believe all HD models have a different factory stop inside the turret. Apparently the added force applied when using the stops can damage the mechanism. Everything we tested in person did not show this to be the case, and I'm not sure how much force was applied to SWFA's test scope. Either way the verdict came from them, and we are left to make it right for the few sets that were sold.

We didn't see this coming and are sorry for any inconvenience to those that purchased the affected stops. Tim has emailed everyone in our records that purchased these stops.

Thank you,
Jared

Well that sucks. I was pretty excited to have zer stops on my scope. Thanks anyway gentlemen.

Looking at the internals of my SS 5-20 HD I'm trying to figure out how the hell anything could harm them. It looks like they could take an grenade blast.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, fellas. Sorry it didnt work out on these. I was really looking forward to being able to use a set.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

you can damage ANY scope by cranking down on the turrets at the bottom of travel. Sounds like bullshit to me. If SWFA suddenly comes out with their own zero stops, we will know why.....

I wound up making my own zero stops for my HD's. (Machinist) Simple math, and a lathe... made mine out of aluminum, though. work great, and I can see absolutely no reason why, with normal (Non Monkey) usage, they will damage the scope.

Guys, I have never handled one of these. If you would be willing to measure the inside of the cap and possibly post a couple pictures, I will let you know.
Jared

This is a Falcon Menace 4-14 with MOA turrets.

20140215_183007.jpg

Here is the cap.

20140215_182940.jpg

The stem

(looks like I have to make this a two part post due to size of pics being uploaded to forum)

Last edited:

Top thinnest portion of the stem

Middle notch of the stem

Bottom thickest portion of the stem

(not sure what happened to my other post, please delete one if this ends up being a double post due to some sorta massive delay or something in my other post showing up)

Top and thinnest part of the stem

Middle notch of the stem

Bottom and thickest part of the stem

Per SWFA, no problem on fixed and 3-15. They claim a problem with the 5-20. We're still selling the fixed and 3-15, but not the 5-20's.

Can you allaborate further on swfa's testing/results for the 5-20. I already installed them prior to getting the notification. I'd really like to keep them. Just curious

It has to do with the way that the turret caps attached. With the non-HD models, the caps are held on by set screws, which allows the cap to slip-off if to much force is applied. On the HD models they have a through bolt that transfers all the force to the adjustment mechanism.

Whoso we contact for the zero stops. I have the fixed 16x42 SS? How much also?

This is wonderful!! This helps me make my decision on buying an SWFA scope. Thanks to SWFA and you gentlemen.

I'm confused. Are not the horizontal lines under the turret cap used to know where you are at on the elevation travel?

I'm confused. Are not the horizontal lines under the turret cap used to know where you are at on the elevation travel?

Culpeper my elv. Cap had like a step inside. Like a built in spacer. It took some playing with but I got it figured out. I think I had to use 1 1/4 to get mine set right. Which had 3 turns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk