• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors Zero Tolerance?

Moose

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jul 3, 2005
    NJ
    I been looking at ZT folders and they look like there built well.Does any one have a hands on opinion on them? I like the 200.

Re: Zero Tolerance?

From what my research tells-

Pros:
    Reasonable price
    Great s30v steel
    Strong assisted opening as good as many autos

Cons:
    Weight. These things may be too heavy for most people for EDC.

I have two autos and a fixed blade. Love em!!

Too heavy? You carry an LCP or somethin?

Just today I got to check one out in person for the first time. It was one I had not seen yet on the web, model was 550. It was NOT heavy at all! In fact that was the first thing I noticed! It was massive in all other aspects yet weighed nothing in comparison to what you would think it should! It seemed well made and pretty heavy duty to me. The opening assist was very stout. I liked it and it seemed to be priced well at $175, but overall for me this one was just too damn big for pocket/clip carry. Unfortunately they did not have any of the other models in stock to see.

Check GPKnives.com

Great prices. Unfortunately they are in Illinois so they cannot sell any automatics.

ZT knives have excellent construction, sharp and sturdy, and include a lifetime warranty. They are heavier and larger as well, but it is my EDC and I wear dress slacks so I don't see the problem with weight.

GPKnives is a great store to deal with. The have great prices, are knowledgeable, and ship the products quickly.

Thank you every one for the info on ZT.

Ive had mine for over a year and it is my edc was using an Emerson commander before this and the ZT is just more comfortable for everyday use as far as weight I dont think its heavy at all.

Thanks for the GP knives website you just cost me some money they have some great prices.

Dustin

ZT knives are well made and an excellent value. Heavy duty an hold up very well. The folder lock up securely. Assisted opening have strong assist and work well. Likewise for the autos.
    The ZT brand are large knives but some models are a slightly smaller size if a smaller knife is needed.
    ZT is subsidiary of Kershaw Knives.

Have a ZT 0200. Love this folder, excellent lock up. negligible play from side to side. Its like a tank everyone that checks mine out loves how solid it feels. If you think this thing is too heavy to carry... im not too sure about you. Fit and finish on all parts are great. the only thing i have that i like more is a hinderer xm-18.. but thats like 6x more expensive too.

If your looking into a zt and are on the fence, just do it.

I had a ZT200. To me it was the most appealing. Great knife and built like a tank. Problem was weight and bulk. I ended up selling it b/c it just sat in the safe. My knife of choice is the Spyderco Military. Light, tough, great grip/handle, fantastic blade shape for anything other than being used as a prybar... but that's what prybars are for.

I have had both the ZT 0301 and 350ST. Both are awesome blade.....more like a fixed blade in a folder profile.

I loved the 0301, just a little too big for pocket carry in my opinion. I ended up selling it to soon regret it.

I now carry my 0350 almost daily.

Great folder for the cash!!!!

Chris

ZT, built like a tank, a great knife. a good grip, sturdy lock and heavy blade. Carried it at work for a few years, but now I am carrying a Chris Reeve small sebenza,

ZT0301 Ranger Green – 0301
    Steel: S30V stainless-steel with Tungsten DLC coating with Tiger Stripes
    Handle: 3D machined, G-10 and Titanium
    Blade: 3 3/4 in. (10.8 cm) Closed: 5 1/4 in. (13.3 cm)
    Buy Now
    Overall: N/A Weight: 8.6 oz.

I carry a ZT 350 daily. It carries pretty easily in a pair of jeans or the like. It sharpens well and holds the edge.

I love mine. deploys quickly and fits my hand well for a regular grip or for reverse grip trapping. Have not had to sharpen it yet. The weight doesn't bother me.