• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Zeroed new scope, broke in new barrel

223hpbt

Private
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2012
Texas, USA
And tested a few types of commercial match-grade ammo. I'll probably get back into reloading in the next few months, but for now I'm using store-bought. Had a blast! Not sure why I tried to take a photo down the barrel, but it seemed like a good idea.

Re: Zeroed new scope, broke in new barrel

Thanks guys. Arkansas, I think I like it but need more time in different settings to say much for sure. I'll follow up after I've taken it to an outdoor range with different lighting, distances, and wind factors. So far so good tho!

Agreed, armedzebra!

That was 100 yards. I know a lot of guys on here can shoot smaller groups, but I'm new to long distance precision shooting and I was pretty excited. In the past I've just shot handguns and M14s with iron sights. I see now why folks put so much effort and expense into accuracy--it's addicting!

Casey, I'm embarrassed to admit I've never used a bore guide. Guess I need to invest in one. I'm assuming it guides the push rod during cleaning?
blush.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 223hpbt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Agreed, armedzebra!

That was 100 yards. I know a lot of guys on here can shoot smaller groups, but I'm new to long distance precision shooting and I was pretty excited. In the past I've just shot handguns and M14s with iron sights. I see now why folks put so much effort and expense into accuracy--it's addicting!

Casey, I'm embarrassed to admit I've never used a bore guide. Guess I need to invest in one. I'm assuming it guides the push rod during cleaning?
blush.gif

</div></div>

Don't worry about the distance. Looks like you were indoors, anyway. Truth be told, LOTS of folks should find themselves back at the shorter distances till they master the fundamentals. Stay at it. It's a hoot! Especially when you start to push your skill, your gun and your loads out farther.

Listen to Casey on the bore guide. It's solid advice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TNVC_Kyle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Listen to Casey on the bore guide. It's solid advice. </div></div>

See my post.

Thanks Lonely_Wolf I just bought a Lucas at my local store!