• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zeroing a Steiner S35…

towerofpower93

Private
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2010
Grabbed one of the Black Friday S35s from DRT last year and finally got around to mounting it on a new 12” 6.5G upper and went out to zero. WTF is up with this thing, haha?

When zeroing at a specific magnification level, are you only good to go when digitially zoomed at that level? I had it zeroed at 4x in the ‘A’ profile, but then power cycled and bumped the zoom up to 4x and it seemed to be off. Eventually got fed up and just went home.

Does it have to be zeroed for each mag setting (1x, 2x, 4x, 8x) in a profile so that you can cycle from 1-8x and in between when actually using it?

Any good videos or how to write ups available for how to zero this thing?

Yes, you have to zero on 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x. It's a pain. I've paired my phone with the scope and it was easier for me to use than using the scope controls

Yes, you have to zero on 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x. It's a pain. I've paired my phone with the scope and it was easier for me to use than using the scope controls

Ah, didn't realize you had to zero at each magnification in the zeroing menu in order to have a legit zero once you're in the regular ol' "shootin' stuff" home screen.

Trying to find the positive, I guess this could be useful, as it lets me build in some elevation adjustment as I go up in magnification, ie: zero 1x at 100yds, 2x at 200yds, and 4x and 300yds since it's not likely I'll be using 4x in close or 1x at range.