• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zombie max ammunition, total rip off or what

MDStroup

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2011
Chesapeake,Virginia
What is this stuff? I got am email from Natchez a few days ago saying that they now have in stock the new Zombie Max ammunition from Hornady. Does this ammo serve a practical purpose like the TAP line of ammo, because it look expensive for just plinking. Here is the "sale" (regular price is quite a bit more)price for a box. All come in 20 round boxes except for the 9mm witch comes in 25 rounds a box. • 55gr .223 $20 • 123gr 7.62x39 $17 • 168gr .308win $30 • 115gr 9mm Luger $19 (Sorry for the wired look was written on cell phone)

Re: Zombie max ammunition, total rip off or what

Anything to make a buck off the current Zombie craze.

I'm a huge fan of zombie movies and of Walking Dead, but aside from Zombie targets.... yeah this makes me roll my eyes.

It's just V-max bullets with a yellow tip and yeah it's a rip-off but it's funny and a good conversation piece.
I think it's good for a laugh and I'm sure H is making a killing on it!

I make my own zombie ammo at home.

The only thing funnier is that people are buying it. A fool and his money...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZLBubba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only thing funnier is that people are buying it. A fool and his money... </div></div>
+1

People have bought more stupid shit, for more money before. Hornady is smart in tapping in on this current craze, high reward for little investment on their part.

Personally I think it is stupid as hell. To each their own.

This was only meant to be a fun, farcical product by Hornady.

Good on them. In an industry that takes itself way too seriously at times I thought it was pretty refreshing to see a company that can have some fun with a product line.

Personally it gets a little old and tired to keep seeing the same advertising we see from companies that continue to try and outdo each other with more rail space, more molle, more camouflage, extra super lethality etc. etc.

Humor from an ammo manufacturer. That has a nice whimsical ring to it all right.

Hornady was smart to expolit this angle, and I'm surprised we haven't seen more of this retardedness...

The firearm market flat sucks right now. If it is Zombie ammo that spikes it, I am all for it.

Hey I thought it was funny to and would make for a good laugh until I saw the prices. But this did get me to think how much trouble and how much would the media this blow it up if a guy shot an intruder in his home with one of these bullets since is has on the box indented for the undead

I got some of the .308. At the local store it wasnt any more expensive than the other stuff they have in stock. Currently I have the box of ammo displayed in the man cave. I have no real intention of shooting it although I imagine one of these days I will be low on .308 get the urge to shoot and decide its time to shoot the zombie ammo. Its a novelty thing and nothing more. Just reading the box made me laugh so it was worth it.

Would I stock up on the stuff? No
Is it good for a laugh and a conversation piece? Yes

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TallZXDriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got some of the .308. At the local store it wasnt any more expensive than the other stuff they have in stock. Currently I have the box of ammo displayed in the man cave. I have no real intention of shooting it .....</div></div>

I did the same thing, bought a couple boxes. I'm gonna drop one in my brother in laws stocking on Christmas morning just to see the look of trepidation on my moms face. She is one of these people that believes nothing bad will happen to her cause shes a good person and gets nervous when him and I start talking guns. Thinks we are too worrisome.

I'm a bigtime zombie nut and bought a few boxes just for fun. Great conversation piece and I'm sure at some point they'll stop making them and they'll go up in value for fellow zombie nuts. Kind of like Black Talons have. Probably won't ever shoot them, but I think they're neat and my kid loves them.

Have to go with smokshwn on this. Good on Hornady! Will definitely pick up a couple of boxes just to have around and give as stocking stuffers.

All they had to do was read all of the zombie threads here and say Hmmmmmmmm..............

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...838#Post2904838

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the novelty angle is "cute" but IMO the whole zombie name sort of sets hallowed hornady name back a little, and perhaps along with shooters in the eyes of non shooters.

next up, federal's Dec 21 2012 ammo? </div></div>

For those of you who havent seen a box up close and personal, I took these photos last night...

5bb52f60.jpg

4ca5ee18.jpg

why are yall so serious? if you dont like it dont buy it. i have a load of it in my 12ga. why? why the heck not? its a cool conversation piece, ill never shoot the stuff though.

I think the whole 'zombie' crap is retarded and although I haven't bought any of this ammo, I like the yellow A-Max tips for something different than the usual red.

I'm with ColdShotKill on this. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Hornady saw an opportunity, took a chance, and now it's paying dividends.

oooooh yeah they are going to make some good money off of this one!

Where's the rippoff? It's obviously a humorous item.

I picked up a couple boxes for myself. Big deal. I just wish I hadn't bought a box of the critical defense ammo a month ago since this is the same thing
grin.gif

It's a gimmic, but I don't really care, and actually find quite amusing. It's priced pretty much the same as the comparable ammo. It's an American company I'm proud to support.

I ordered 3 boxes of this ammo but it was on back order . .45acp and 12 Ga.buck shot . If it shoots thats just a plus !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's just V-max bullets with a yellow tip and yeah it's a rip-off but it's funny and a good conversation piece.
I think it's good for a laugh and I'm sure H is making a killing on it!

I make my own zombie ammo at home. </div></div>

was that a pun? someone needs to take a shot!

another pun?!

you usually have to pay double for that action!

it just keeps going