• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Photos 700 SPS Tactical

Re: 700 SPS Tactical

quite nice! consistently inside an inch.
Just got the can so I haven't had the chance to see how it going to effect the accuracy.

was trying to post pics of a few groups but the

Great looking rifle! I think next to a professionally built custom, a Remy 700 SPS or 5R dressed up is as good as it gets. I love mine, I'm so glad I bought it. My rifle consistently shoots 3/4" 5 shot groups, I mean like every time. I've been trying and trying to get another 1/4" out of it but just can't seem to. Even a bedding job didn't help much. I just switched to Varget and loaded up 150 rounds so when the weather warms I'll see if that helps at all. Probably wouldn't hurt to try some factory ammo as all I've ever shot through it are handloads. Though I'm certain my handloads are far superior to any factory ammo. Oh well, maybe I'm chasing something the rifle is not capable of. Maybe I should get somebody who actually knows how to shoot to shoot it!

Your rifle looks fantastic. I'm not a huge fan of the AI chassis but it sure does look good!

Yeah I a fan until I got it and it was not very comfortable. I previously had a McMillan a5 and it was very comfortable. I have an adjustable butt pad system coming that they said would help. But not having to bed and being tough as they come were more than enough reasons for me to hang onto it. That and its pretty freakn sweet looking! Thanks for the comments!
CC

You should be able to get better groups - all to do with trying different loads.....

My rifle hates Varget, just won't shoot it at all!

It totally loves Vihtavouri N150 with 155 Scenars & N140 with Berger 185 VLDS.

It's amazing how long it can take to find the best load.

I'd like to know how you like the surefire, also how long is your barrel and twist rate? I'm considering a similar set up.

I have only been able to test for strikes on the surefire break...set.....then wait.....then three test shots (sounds identical to a 22lr. Recoil significantly reduced. Break without suppressor also reduces recoil.

Its a stock 700 sps tactical 20" 1/12 barrel.

I am having some other work done this week and then I will do long day at the range to really sort it out. Will let you know as soon as I have some viable test results for accuracy post setup.

Cool. You think the surefire was worth the $$$ in your opinion? I've heard good things about surefire. I'm currently using OPS Inc 12th and SWR 9mm both I like alot.