• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Accuracy International Picture Thread

I was just putting together my new AI AT and I was installing the thumbhole stock and I think one of the screws is missing and maybe the washer. Does anyone know the specs on the screw and confirm that the washer is missing? I bought it from sporting services in the UK some years ago. Who would I need to contact for the screw and possible washer? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

AB7F05C3-30E3-4FF5-93D5-C7D48AE0862A.jpeg
9B19C2DB-8609-4ECA-8C31-A6D6F33C2A3D.jpeg

Reactions: JonKleman
I was just putting together my new AI AT and I was installing the thumbhole stock and I think one of the screws is missing and maybe the washer. Does anyone know the specs on the screw and confirm that the washer is missing? I bought it from sporting services in the UK some years ago. Who would I need to contact for the screw and possible washer? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

View attachment 8286556View attachment 8286558
Call MileHigh

I had the same thing happen and they can get em

Reactions: Doctorwho1138
Any one knows what's the spec of the forend grip screw of AX? I'm so dumb that I lost both of them in abyss during disassembly. Now I have to find a replacement for them. Did some search on the internet and no luck.

Attachments

• 6406_grande.jpg
    6406_grande.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 29
Any one knows what's the spec of the forend grip screw of AX? I'm so dumb that I lost both of them in abyss during disassembly. Now I have to find a replacement for them. Did some search on the internet and no luck.
As noted above. Call mile high

What are people doing to get BR variants working well in their AT-X? Is it worth going to 6 GT?

I had nothing but problems with AW mags (tried all 9) with HRD spacer kits and Lapua 6BR brass with 108ELDM. Probably an 80% stoppage rate (At least one stoppage out of each magazine, generally towards the last few when spring tension was easing off). It was amazingly accurate, easy to shoot but feeding from double stack mags didn't work.

Now with the 6GT, Alpha brass, 110gr ATIP' it's maybe a 0-5% stoppage rate per magazine (From the couple of hundreds of rounds fired, it's maybe had 2 or 3 hiccups, which were probably at least partly my fault short stroking). Without spacers. Absolutely a different kettle of fish. Running them at 2830fps, not pushing them at all. I think 6CM is too fast for our ranges, 6BR didn't feed, the 6GT is a good in between with plenty of gas left in the tank if needed for hand loading.

I know he’s a damn traitor

I’ll probably snag a 6.5 creed barrel
And run the dog shit out of it. Cheaper that way.

Just waiting on a damn AO thumb rest now too

I heard he's living with some poors terminus trying to get aw mags to actually work lol... Imagine going from running aw mags flawlessly... To well... Not 🤣 sorry @Krob95 you are welcome back any time homie

I heard he's living with some poors terminus trying to get aw mags to actually work lol... Imagine going from running aw mags flawlessly... To well... Not 🤣 sorry @Krob95 you are welcome back any time homie
Nah fam he got too good for us. He can stay over there

You got any of them AT thumb rests by AO? Hook a brother up

Reactions: Huskydriver
I had nothing but problems with AW mags (tried all 9) with HRD spacer kits and Lapua 6BR brass with 108ELDM. Probably an 80% stoppage rate (At least one stoppage out of each magazine, generally towards the last few when spring tension was easing off). It was amazingly accurate, easy to shoot but feeding from double stack mags didn't work.

Now with the 6GT, Alpha brass, 110gr ATIP' it's maybe a 0-5% stoppage rate per magazine (From the couple of hundreds of rounds fired, it's maybe had 2 or 3 hiccups, which were probably at least partly my fault short stroking). Without spacers. Absolutely a different kettle of fish. Running them at 2830fps, not pushing them at all. I think 6CM is too fast for our ranges, 6BR didn't feed, the 6GT is a good in between with plenty of gas left in the tank if needed for hand loading.

I run 6bra flawlessly in the vision chassis with hrd kits...

With no shim or whatever else AI is using on the gen 4.63v.2.1 lol

Last edited:
My experience with HRD kits and AX mags:

6 Dasher will occasionally nose dive on the last round if I run the action slow. If I run the bolt fast it works 100%.

22BRA fireforming and formed cases will 100% nosedive on the last round. However if I run the bolt as fast as possible then they work 100%.

I dunno why but I find reliability with bolt speed. And I'm guessing Dasher does better than BR/BRA due to the longer body.

I actually got 6.5cm to feed flawlessly from AW’s in my terminus / manners TCS. And by me, I mean the head gunsmith at MHSA lol in my newest TCS, 308 feeds so far from AW’s with my impact.

I hope to rejoin the ai master race again. Ya boy just got married and got back from Italy though lol. I’ll give you a timeline you’re used to with AI. Expect Q3 next year but will actually be Q3 of 2026 (maybe).

I actually got 6.5cm to feed flawlessly from AW’s in my terminus / manners TCS. And by me, I mean the head gunsmith at MHSA lol in my newest TCS, 308 feeds so far from AW’s with my impact.

I hope to rejoin the ai master race again. Ya boy just got married and got back from Italy though lol. I’ll give you a timeline you’re used to with AI. Expect Q3 next year but will actually be Q3 of 2026 (maybe).
Who are you again? And stay outta my country. Next time you visit, you need to ask my permission.

I’ll tax you for that Terminus and we’ll call it good for now ♠️♠️🤌🤌

My experience with HRD kits and AX mags:

6 Dasher will occasionally nose dive on the last round if I run the action slow. If I run the bolt fast it works 100%.

22BRA fireforming and formed cases will 100% nosedive on the last round. However if I run the bolt as fast as possible then they work 100%.

I dunno why but I find reliability with bolt speed. And I'm guessing Dasher does better than BR/BRA due to the longer body.
I want to try 6BR in my at-x next summer

Well I guess I finally get to post in here. Followed some advice I'd seen from other members and sold off my AX and AT chassis for a pre-14 AX in 6.5 cm here on the Hide. This will be my hunting setup and hopefully PRS setup in 2024.

I'm going to slum it up for a little while with my old school NXS 3.5-15 with NP-R2 reticle while I figure out a new optic.

Anyone have any pictures of an AX wearing an NX8? Particularly the 2.5-20.

Pic thread -

View attachment 8283069
Nice; i am in Boerne

Reactions: TanktheFrank

This mirrors my experience, which was funny because someone at the range would hand me their AW HRD mag and it would run 100%. I ended up rednecking an anti tilt tail onto the HRD follower and that worked but I moved to 6CM for better feeding. I’ll probably go back to BRA after I run out of CM barrels in the safe next year.

So what is the best feeding reliable 6mm to run in a AT with AW mags that has a good barrel life? I like the 6BR but
Hearing it’s hit or miss with mag feeding

So what is the best feeding reliable 6mm to run in a AT with AW mags that has a good barrel life? I like the 6BR but
Hearing it’s hit or miss with mag feeding
BR and Dasher. I’ve always had really good luck with ax and aw mags with the HRD kits.

Reactions: TheBigCountry
Now that factory Dasher brass exists there isn't much point in shooting a BR anymore. The slight extra case capacity allows you to shoot 4350 instead of Varget which is nice.

Now that factory Dasher brass exists there isn't much point in shooting a BR anymore. The slight extra case capacity allows you to shoot 4350 instead of Varget which is nice.
I used to think that till I tried a BR, although a 22 BRA. The BR case is even more forgiving than the Dasher. Every Varget load I've tried has been single digit SDs and half inch or so groups. And that's fireforming or shooting formed cases. I'd expect a straight 6 BR to have that BR magic.

With that said I do like the added performance in a 6mm that the Dasher has so I'm not moving away from my 6 Dasher anytime soon.

I used to think that till I tried a BR, although a 22 BRA. The BR case is even more forgiving than the Dasher. Every Varget load I've tried has been single digit SDs and half inch or so groups. And that's fireforming or shooting formed cases. I'd expect a straight 6 BR to have that BR magic.

With that said I do like the added performance in a 6mm that the Dasher has so I'm not moving away from my 6 Dasher anytime soon.
I've had multiples of both. The BR isn't magic. What definitely isn't magic is buying Varget. Plus it's harder on 6mm throats than 4350.

I am running the 6BR in my AT with no problems. Running Shooters World Precision and am getting great results.

Attachments

• Ballistic-X-Export-2023-05-12 11:02:43.054154.jpg
    Ballistic-X-Export-2023-05-12 11:02:43.054154.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 60
Got another bolt for the AT.

View attachment 8288400

What bolt face diameter conversion should I get?

I’ve already got 308, 6.5CM, 6CM and 22CM barrels.

I own 223AI and 224V bolt guns already and I run bolt gun I own on the thousand yard range at Quantico.
I went with 0.535" to run short action magnums. And based on what you have it sounds like a good fit for you also. I've started with 6.5 PRC but also have everything needed to have a barrel cut for 7SS as well. Accurate Mag WSM mags have worked perfectly for me. Fritz at Black Canyon Customs did the bolt work for me and I'd recommend him.

I went with 0.535" to run short action magnums. And based on what you have it sounds like a good fit for you also. I've started with 6.5 PRC but also have everything needed to have a barrel cut for 7SS as well. Accurate Mag WSM mags have worked perfectly for me. Fritz at Black Canyon Customs did the bolt work for me and I'd recommend him.
Did you have a 308 bolt face opened up by Fritz?

Yes, I bought a spare 308 bolt assembly and Fritz opened it up. Mag bolt on the far left, I'm running 6.5 PRC in my AT-X.

View attachment 8288496
I'll have to see if I can find another LH 308 bolt and do the same. I want a 6.5 PRC for my AXMC. Already have the blank. Been waiting for a year for an LH 300 WM bolt and unlikely I will get one. An LH 308 may be easier to get. I can always take the 308 bolt that I have an convert it. I can shoot 308 and 6.5 Creedmoor out of my AT

I'll have to see if I can find another LH 308 bolt and do the same. I want a 6.5 PRC for my AXMC. Already have the blank. Been waiting for a year for an LH 300 WM bolt and unlikely I will get one. An LH 308 may be easier to get. I can always take the 308 bolt that I have an convert it. I can shoot 308 and 6.5 Creedmoor out of my AT
Bad luck on being left handed :ROFLMAO:

My secret trick to sourcing a spare bolt is to pay in full on a back order then wait 14 months and one day it showed up. :rolleyes:

I think I came across your YouTube channel yesterday. Recognize the rifle. Awesome rig
Thanks 🙂 hope you subscribed 😅

Only reason I started the channel was because when I was trying to find out how to shoot PRS in the UK about 2 years ago there wasn't much to find.. less than a year on I've got sponsors and brand affiliations so all going really well!

Thanks 🙂 hope you subscribed 😅

Only reason I started the channel was because when I was trying to find out how to shoot PRS in the UK about 2 years ago there wasn't much to find.. less than a year on I've got sponsors and brand affiliations so all going really well!
I haven’t yet but I will. Every once and a while I come across AI’s on YouTube or the AI facebook page then recognize them from this thread

I have an ATX I ordered a vertical mdt grip for. Hopefully be here tomorrow

Reactions: JayjayUK and BurtG
I haven’t yet but I will. Every once and a while I come across AI’s on YouTube or the AI facebook page then recognize them from this thread

I have an ATX I ordered a vertical mdt grip for. Hopefully be here tomorrow
I'm probably going to get an MDT Elite Grip soon too.

Yes I spent hours trawling through every page of this thread when I signed up looking at everyone's AIs 😅