• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Adding weight to Foundation stock

AN260rem

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2017
Has anybody added weight to the honeycomb cut outs in the barrel channel of a Foundation stock? If so, what kind of weight and what was used to secure it in the honeycomb?

At a prs club match earlier this year a fella told me that he beat hard cast lead bullets into the honeycomb cut outs on his. He took 2nd place that day...if that helps lol

Ho much weight are you looking for? You could fill the cavities with #9 shot and pour in a thin epoxy to bond and encapsulate.

I want to the same to a Manners. I bought Elite Carbons BEFORE I realized heavier is better for my application.

Now I need to add about 5 lbs lol

I'd like to add about 3 to 4 pounds. I would like to be able to remove it in the future when I go with a heavier contour barrel. I like the lead shot idea. Would the expo bond be to permanent for future removal ? I also was thinking about using silicon or something similar.

I had the idea of having ARCA swiss rail made out of steel instead of aluminum, should add weight and can be easily removed. Just need to find someone who will do it.