• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Amish farmer raided by feds

Without clicking on the video, the answer is because the FDA and USDA regulate the food industry. If you are selling to customers, you are part of the food industry and expected to abide by the regulations. My guess is that the easiest way to run afoul is to not have a USDA inspected slaughtering and butchering facility. Or, by selling unpasteurized milk.

Without clicking on the video, the answer is because the FDA and USDA regulate the food industry. If you are selling to customers, you are part of the food industry and expected to abide by the regulations. My guess is that the easiest way to run afoul is to not have a USDA inspected slaughtering and butchering facility. Or, by selling unpasteurized milk.
I read an article on this the other week. The farmer's stance is that he only sells products to members and not the gen public, so doesn't apply to him.

There's a couple farms that sell unpasteurized milk near me. They market it as 'for pets'.

by just the video, prob:

interstate commerce which is a whole different level

labeling laws

once a local store/business gets to a certain volume "good faith" GMP's are expected so the consumer has a reasonable expectation of quality and cleanliness

example: marked for pets, while fine on its face if the person who buys the milk then makes organic muffins and sells them they are now using ingredients that are considered not safe for human consumption

FDA closes them down, then goes through their receiving log to see who they bought the ingredients from

they find the pet milk supplier and start looking at their records and procedures for cleanliness

while that may sound silly from 10,000 feet...

what happens if the last batch of pet milk was tainted and is now poisonous not only to people to pets

how does the pet milk farm recall the product from market

they care about money/taxes and the ability to remove product from market when its a health hazard...the rest is just the pathway to get there

Like we did before the government decided to "help."

I grew up drinking unpasteurized milk, eating eggs straight from the hen house. Pigs, cows and wild game were butchered outback, packaged and sent to the stove or freezer. I remember my great-grandfather would pour grease from the frying pan over his rice. Used one of these until he was in his late 90s.

1661348715108.jpeg

I grew up drinking unpasteurized milk, eating eggs straight from the hen house. Pigs, cows and wild game were butchered outback, packaged and sent to the stove or freezer. I remember my great-grandfather would pour grease from the frying pan over his rice. Used one of these until he was in his late 90s.

View attachment 7940695
And you can still do all of that, as an individual. The govt gets involved when you are selling your wares to others.

We eat quail eggs that are still warm when we pull them from the coop, and I butcher a couple of deer each season.

My dad tells a story that his dad told about his youth. Growing up in the teens, a packed school lunch was often the end of a loaf of bread. He’d pass the larder on his way to school, lift the lid and swipe the bread across the top, turning his bread into a grease sandwich. Heart attach at around 80…

View attachment 7940695
The govt decided to help because the populace was being poisoned by ‘patent medicines.’

Reactions: W54/XM-388
they just call it practice for when the fed desides to go full retard and start going door to door in search of the holy grail
holy-grail-3.jpg

coming to a home near you the great American gun buy back as 83 k irs agents go door to door .

...and no one was ever harmed by pharmaceuticals again. The End.
Well, let's not be hasty. But, at least when you buy a bottle of Children's Tylenol, you have a reasonable assurance that it is not- in fact- formaldehyde...

And, when there is a listeria outbreak, it can be tracked back to the plant and remedial efforts can be put in place to rectify the issue.

Reactions: Sako man
And you can still do all of that, as an individual. The govt gets involved when you are selling your wares to others.

We eat quail eggs that are still warm when we pull them from the coop, and I butcher a couple of deer each season.

My dad tells a story that his dad told about his youth. Growing up in the teens, a packed school lunch was often the end of a loaf of bread. He’d pass the larder on his way to school, lift the lid and swipe the bread across the top, turning his bread into a grease sandwich. Heart attach at around 80…

Well, let's not be hasty. But, at least when you buy a bottle of Children's Tylenol, you have a reasonable assurance that it is not- in fact- formaldehyde...

And, when there is a listeria outbreak, it can be tracked back to the plant and remedial efforts can be put in place to rectify the issue.

Can you please show me where in the constitution the federal government is authorized to do those things?

Similar to gun registration helping solve crimes. Hmmm

Reactions: brian1
The Fed Gestapo has no more business (or legal right) harassing people selling food locally INTRAstate to customers who KNOW what they are gettng and WANT what they are getting than they do harassing and interfering with a can or gun maker who only sells intrastate.

I read an article on this the other week. The farmer's stance is that he only sells products to members and not the gen public, so doesn't apply to him.

There's a couple farms that sell unpasteurized milk near me. They market it as 'for pets'.
Same with local apple orchards. Once an apple touches the ground, they can only sell it, thanks to our over-reaching, oppressive nanny governments, as "for animals only". The feds have NO legal right to interfere in INTRAstate commerce.

All that stuff is INTERstate commerce. A local farm selling its meat, milk, eggs, etc to LOCAL buyers is an entirely different matter, and the damn government has no business sticking its nose in. We buy all our meat, milk eggs only from local farmers, and they all get harassed by the goddamn government. One local farmer was forced to tear down their nice farmstand and pay to erect another one just like it due to some goddamn Fed requirements

Reactions: Sako man
Can you please show me where in the constitution the federal government is authorized to do those things?
They are authorized only to regulate INTERstate commerce, a mandate which they have stretched to the breaking point. But they have no business harassing local farmers who only sell INTRAstate to local customers who WANT unpasturized milk and other local products. This has been an ever-worsening war on the small local farmer in favor of mega-corporate agriculture.

Last edited:
Interstate commerce clause. At least, that is what is used...

That's a great idea, the farmer should let everyone know, "for pets only";.
I agree, it's BS that the Gov is getting involved, since he basically only sells to 'private members' and not the gen public.

Absolutely not true. You can sell to the general public all day long without USDA inspection and as long as YOU do not cross state lines and you follow some basic steps that don't cause people to get sick. Lots of sellers follow an evidence based program. No one is stopping farm to market selling.

This case is different.

Sounds like the "farmer" has a listeria problem that sent two to the ER, one died, and in the aftermath, everyone bent over backwards to help him but he is not even following what he agreed to do. He is being a dick.

That's a great idea, the farmer should let everyone know, "for pets only";.
I agree, it's BS that the Gov is getting involved, since he basically only sells to 'private members' and not the gen public.

He sold tainted milk and killed someone. Dude should have tested his milk for issues, cows for issues, and followed some basic protocols.

This is not about private treaty sales.