• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Night Vision AN/PAS-23 MTM mounts

tostado22

Private
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2011
Hey guys, I just picked up an Insight MTM from a friend and now I'm looking for a mount. It came with everything included new but I would like to find a pic rail mount. I seem to remember seeing them mounted to a weapon before but haven't used one of these in a while (Iraq about 4 years ago) and I only used the helmet mount. Does anyone know where I could find a pic rail mount for the MTM? Also can these be mounted in front of a rifle scope like the PVS-22/24? Thanks in advance and thanks for the great info already on this site

Thanks for the tip. A quick search on their site didn't show anything but I will give them a call

If you just wanted to mount it, any pvs 14 style mount with the bottom screw will work. There are some mounts out there that can be adjusted. However I would not recommend this type of optic to be mounted like PVS 22 etc. Simply does not have that capability.

I appreciate the info. I'm trying to find my PVS-14 rail mount so I can try it out. Too bad it wouldn't work like a clip on. I didn't think that it would though

Follow up question, but I didnt want to start a new thread. Does anyone know the difference between the MTM-000-A603 and the MTM-001-A603? I keep seeing MTMs that have Class IIIB lasers. Mine is marked Class I and the P/N is MTM-001-A603. Just trying to get my info straight. If nothing else I will call Insight tomorrow. I've already confirmed that this is not a "field loss" unit (did that before I bought it haha)

A 603 is just a name for a monocular only package. No supporting kit, ie; data cables, filter, etc. That said, the 001 part I'm not sure of. I thought they were all 000's. Good luck with Insight, their CS is a lot like the DMV... unless your name is Crane and you're bringing a 15,000,000 contract with you.

Yeah I noticed. I never did find an answer about the 001 P/N, I thought the same thing as far as the 000s