• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

ATF questioning for buying diesel parts

Just something to ponder: Let's say he decided to not answer the door / talk to them. Let's say they were able to convince a judge to issue a search warrant. Firearms related / potential nfa violation. Maybe they come back with a no-knock at 0300. All I'm saying is just something to ponder.

The problem with the get a warrant mentality is they just might. They just might get a warrant, come onto your property and sees anything that they find a value and leave it up to you to get it back.

If you do want to use the get a warrant line I highly suggest this... You'll have to have your phone recording and tell them say which judge are you going to use I'd like to have my attorney present.... here, you can even use my phone to call the judge will put my attorney on speakerphone... You're an officer of the court and I have every right to be appropriately represented.

Do it with a polite tone and narrative that you just want to help.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure a good lawyer would tell that guy, “Don’t ever do that again.” With the amount of ignorance and hysteria these days, those guys could have had him doing five to ten for cutting that filter. If they had found 5/8-24 flange nut he’d be on dateline.

Just something to ponder: Let's say he decided to not answer the door / talk to them. Let's say they were able to convince a judge to issue a search warrant. Firearms related / potential nfa violation. Maybe they come back with a no-knock at 0300. All I'm saying is just something to ponder.

Yep. Gotta be damn careful with any information offered up to law enforcement, but sometimes it's better to answer a few questions than to face an early-morning raid. If you're just buying a shit-ton of fuel filters, it might be best to admit to buying a shit-ton of fuel filters and let the soup boi move on to his next interrogation. If you want them to come back with a warrant, then I have exactly zero doubt they will do just that.

Those solvent trap ads are 100% honeypot. Only a fucking moron would buy one... but that's who they're after.

The feds don't need to set any honeypots when they're already watching everyone's web traffic. And the Form 1 stuff is totally legit - 30 days to a tax stamp and the opportunity to have fun by making some chips sure beats having an expensive paperweight sitting at your SOT for 12+ months. Just don't be stupid (like claiming you "accidently shot through the trap while cleaning").

Reactions: oneshot86
Yeah, I’m pretty sure a good lawyer would tell that guy, “Don’t ever do that again.” With the amount of ignorance and hysteria these days, those guys could have had him doing five to ten for cutting that filter. If they had found 5/8-24 flange nut he’d be on dateline.

I totally agree with you from a philosophical point, but the practical problem is that with our rigged legal system, it's either talk voluntarily or else they'll be back with a warrant despite the lack of any probable cause.

Reactions: Bender
I had a buddy who wanted to buy one of those adapters at Knob Creek like 6 or 7 years ago. I said he could walk to 500 miles back home if he bought one because we had legal NFA stuff in the truck with us... He declined to purchase one.

Those machined pieces of aluminum are just like m16 trigger parts. They are completely legal until you instal them.
how many of y’all are aware that a ar lower receiver is not legally a receiver?
More arbitrary gov intimidation?
Or are we really supposed to believe that out of all the people buying legal things with criminal intent that this was the dirtiest guy on the list? No aunt tiffas? No Gang bangers? No Chinese connected individuals?
Or are they really more concerned about Real Americans? Especially prior mil?

Those machined pieces of aluminum are just like m16 trigger parts. They are completely legal until you instal them.
how many of y’all are aware that a ar lower receiver is not legally a receiver?
More arbitrary gov intimidation?
Or are we really supposed to believe that out of all the people buying legal things with criminal intent that this was the dirtiest guy on the list? No aunt tiffas? No Gang bangers? No Chinese connected individuals?
Or are they really more concerned about Real Americans? Especially prior mil?

LOLOL

You act like the ATF and LEO's start with the "Biggest Fish" .... no.

They go after mom and pop who misspelled their town name, because they're the SAFE low-hanging Paper-work style zero risk, arrests they can make to boost their "Numbers" while actually doing ZERO work.

Put yourself in their shoes.

You are given two cases.

One, is a Youtube guy who runs a diesel truck channel, who's been flagged for buying big ass diesel filters that MAY be used in a nefarious and illegal way.

Two, is a known MS13 Gangbanger who was flagged buying Sovlent Traps and a Oil Filters in Bulk and lives in a known drug trafficking hotspot.

You have to pick one case to investigate, and you get a local cop to act as your backup.

Which do you choose?

1595960300570.png

LOLOL

You act like the ATF and LEO's start with the "Biggest Fish" .... no.

They go after mom and pop who misspelled their town name, because they're the SAFE low-hanging Paper-work style zero risk, arrests they can make to boost their "Numbers" while actually doing ZERO work.

Put yourself in their shoes.

You are given two cases.

One, is a Youtube guy who runs a diesel truck channel, who's been flagged for buying big ass diesel filters that MAY be used in a nefarious and illegal way.

Two, is a known MS13 Gangbanger who was flagged buying Sovlent Traps and a Oil Filters in Bulk and lives in a known drug trafficking hotspot.

You have to pick one case to investigate, and you get a local cop to act as your backup.

Which do you choose?
This is one of the reasons I’m so opposed to no knock warrants. It’s sad though that you are spot on.

Reactions: diverdon
I totally agree with you from a philosophical point, but the practical problem is that with our rigged legal system, it's either talk voluntarily or else they'll be back with a warrant despite the lack of any probable cause.
And I agree with your point towards practicality, but those guys could have buried him with just a few charges. Today nobody can assume “good guy” status, way too much risk. There are plenty of folks looking to make trouble for “good guys”.

Reactions: Blutroop
And I agree with your point towards practicality, but those guys could have buried him with just a few charges. Today nobody can assume “good guy” status, way too much risk. There are plenty of folks looking to make trouble for “good guys”.

Agreed completely - and that's why this situation is so messed up. Talk to the police like a good citizen, and you get fucked. Exercise your Constitutional rights, and you get fucked.

I've got a lathe, and a pile of various oil, fuel, and hydraulic filters for my fleet sitting around. Should be fun when the ATF comes a' knockin' and asks why one person needs so many AC Delco PF48s...

Reactions: NukeMan
Abolish the ATF!

That we peasants need to pay a large tax and obtain writtenpermission from our Bureaucratic Overlords to slap a muffler on a gun is ludicrous. “All government is force.”

Now that I’ve gotten that out of the way, our Overlords have more bodies and bigger guns than I do, so while I may not like it, I am cautious to comply with their silly regulations.

Form-1 Master Race or go home. 7 F1’s and counting.

Not so low hanging if they're sending officers from another state.

Hi,

You can thank Mr. Bush and the Patriot Act for that lovely gem.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

I have mine removed, hahahaha.

Sincerely,
Theis
Funny, he didn't look like nearly the Globalist that he turned out to be, back when I voted for him........:rolleyes:

My wife went to Paris in 2007. She and her girlfriend went into a bar and some Irish dude started ragging on her/them about what an asshole Bush was. So, tell me again, just what the difference is between Bush, Biden, Bill/Hill, etc ?

Perspective. It's all a matter of perspective.

I'd suspect that it wasn't so much what he purchased but how much and from where. I am guessing that for the most part had he purchased only one or two filters nothing would have come of his online expenses. If you buy 1 solvent trap with the intent of a form 1 build, while the chances are still there you may get flagged I'd bet they are extremely low unless you buy from one of those Chinese sites.

Last edited:
MinnesotaMisha hit it on the head. Why are they tracking online purchases for citizens? That's what stood out the most to me. Of course I'm not gullible enough to believe they dont/cant but to be flagged for buying filters is pretty fucked up. Kinda makes you think about the whole change/cash shortage bs. Just think what they could do if all your purchase and selling history was digital.
I also was amused by his thinking they didn't already know he was prior military.

if this guy thinks he is out of the woods now, i wouldnt bet on it.

after seeing everything comey and company did to the POTUS, i’m supposed to trust a government agency to be fair to ME? FUCK THAT. and i’d ask them exactly ^ that.

if they come to visit me, they will be politely told to leave and come back with a warrant, and i would definately follow the above advise about inquiring which judge they’re going to use.

i had them come and “inquire” about a complaint my brother’s ex wife filed against me about my nephew. that detective lied to my face 3 fucking times. the last lie he spouted, i called him on it and asked if he was either going to detain me or not. even turned around and put my hands behind my back and said either do it or i’m leaving. there was a new sheriff elected, and that dectective was one he fired. less than a year later, the ex detective and his wife were both fired from the community ambulance service they were in charge of for embezzlement.

back to my point....talking to the law while they are “investigating” you, without a lawyer, is like stepping in the ring with the heavyweight champion of the world.....the deck is stacked against you to the Nth degree. only a fucking fool will do it.
and keep in mind, i served 2 years as an LEO for a small town, so i am FAR from anti cop.

SCOTUS has decided that LEO's are allowed to use "deception" as a tactic during investigations and "lie" to try to obtain confessions from suspects as long as the deception is not "unduly coercive". Mis-Truths like telling a suspect that the suspect's fingerprints were found at a crime scene have routinely been held to not be "unduly coercive".
FUCK SCOTUS. Especially that turncoat fuck bag nominated by Bush 41

One of the young guys at my work bought a completed suppressor off of wish.
He too got a visit from two nice gentlemen from the ATF.
They took the suppressor with them, and he’s got a court date pending.

I bought a solvent trap kit from Quietbore.... but completed my e-form 1 before paying for the “kit”. If they were watching the online transactions - they would have seen that I also paid for the engraving that matched what I put on the form.

Yeah, I seriously doubt they were watching.
But I bet if I ordered 10 solvent trap kits at the same time?
They’d pay me a visit.

The Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave

Well the later is very true without question , "Free" Well one can say without any ambiguity we are on a very short leash with the illusion of being free. Chasing people down buying oil filters and tracking them down impressive how they keep tabs on roughly 350 million people for ever action they make.

Its amazing that you use to be able to buy a suppressor in your local hardware store over the counter , I guess one day in the future someone will say you know you use to be able to buy oil filters in an auto parts store over the counter.....

man, im fucked.... i just changed the oil on my lawn tractor.......I ....I just bought a new oil filter and installed it without paperwork. Plus i used the old oil to lubricate the seal and not new............I think I need a lawyer

It's not America if the brodozers aren't safe.

Seriously though I laughed out loud at the Amazon recommendations of freeze plugs and a mag lite together.

It makes me dread the day I have to build an engine for my hot rod project and the ATF or whoever gets interested.

It's too bad the ATF is so busy tracking down oil filters that they don't have time to go after Raz Simone for handing out ar's from the trunk of his car to unskilled, probably underage, punks. Or how about the use of explosive devices by the thugs in Portland and Seattle?