• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Night Vision Atn x-site ii

NukeMan

Private
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2017
Illinois
Hey guys, been looking at the ATN X-SITE night vision scopes for a while. Seems like it's 50/50 split on reviews. Anyone have some first hand use of one? I will use it for coyote hunting here in Illinois.
Also thinking of picking up a Leupold LTO for handheld scanning.
Are there better options in this price range? Is it a total piece of crap (the ATN)? I would love a weapon mounted thermal but can't justify the price so that is out.

It works better than a day scope for sure. And the LTO will show you more critters than your eyes can spot in the dark.

The two two items you mentioned are capable of making it happen at night but it won’t be easy. The x sight will almost always needs artificial light to see any distance. The LTO will show you heat signatures but you won’t be able to get a PID until you either get pretty close or check the critter with i2.

A important thing to keep in mind is navigation. Although you have i2 on the gun and thermal spotter around your neck, you will break every stick in the woods trying to walk in total darkness to get to your destination.

I would suggest trying to save a bit and get a budget pvs-14 and either mount it on a helmet or skull crusher. Then buy a $160 laser max ir laser and mow down everything in your path!

Jay

I'll look into the pvs-14 option. Yea I know the ATN requires an IR illuminator to get any distance. Navigation isn't too much of an issue because I mostly set up in cut cornfields. Thanks for the recommendation!

I owned the atn X site II for a week. It’s a bit heavy and crude in its construction and material, but for a dedicated night scope not bad for the money. I didn’t keep mine because of the low quality visual in daylight conditions and couldn’t afford two scopes. (Glass over screen any day) this scope is all digital picture. Nice that it records video and has a lot of reticle options. I bought mine from amazon so the return would be easy if necessary. Cost me nothing to try it out for myself for a few days.

I don't think it works. From what I understand, because whats a inside those units you can't get any accuracy out past a few yards. My buddy had one, I begged him not to do it, it sits in the safe now and he shoots a thermal. I've seen horrific accuracy videos, save your money