• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Audien Atom hearing aid

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Rock concerts never seemed to bother my hearing but pulling the trigger on that Barrett 50 w/o ears sure did. All I heard for two days was the action cycle, then a high pitched whineing. That was 2008 and its gotten worse and the hearing gone down. I've heard of ridiculous prices on hearing aids so never thought much about it. My neighbor just paid $2500 for a pair and thought he got a deal. Then inShooting Illustrated I saw an add for these Audien Atoms @ $149 for a pair with money back guarantee.WTF, I gave it a try. Just picked them up today, charged them and put them in about an hour ago.

WOW!

It's nice to hear again and the tinnitus seemed reduced. I dont know how long theyll last but if only a year its a bargain. They got mostly 5 star reviews.

www.audienhearing.com

Audien Hearing - Rechargeable Hearing Aids​

You Shouldn't Have To Pay $1000s For Hearing Aids . Get A Full Pair For Less Than $100. 100% Rechargeable Technology. Easy To Use. Premium Sound Quality. Amazing Low Price.
    Free Shipping · On Sale 40% Off
    Models: EV1, EV2, EV3

I need something. Grew up hunting / shooting guns from .177 - .300 Win. Mag. and never used earpro until I stepped on a formal shooting range where it was required.

Then there was the chainsaws, Harleys with straight drag pipes, heavy equipment...my right ear is toast and has bad tinitus.

I'm tired of trying to read lips and yelling at people to speak up. It's not their fault.

Reactions: BLEE
    I tried a pair of OTCs for about five minutes while waiting on the VA. OTCs seem to be nothing more than amplifiers. Custom made can be programed to your ears. Mine have programs for a crowd, TV, driving, etc. Depending on the severity and type of loss, I'm not sure less than about 2k per ear will help much. Per my audiologist, mine were 4k each. They told my FIL his were 5k each.

Reactions: Matagorda308
    I had found a thread on another forum but lost it, OTC with a phone ap including an “equalizer“ board. Guy said he just matched the audiologist setup frequencies from his super expensive hearing aids and it was pretty good especially as a backup set. The set mentioned was not cheap, but wasn’t the $8k I had others quote theirs cost.
    IDK how many folks I have yelled at who have an expensive set at home in a drawer.
    I am starting my research. There is almost always someone on here, “been there done that”, if you can filter through all the keyboard commando bs. Hearing Loss doesn’t attract the ninjas thank goodness. This is a side rabbit hole to explore lol. Hoping the open market on OTC had offered some technological advancement or created a price drop through competition.
    A few years ago I had an extended hearing test and evaluation for a job related hearing loss. It was the most detailed and extensive hearing test I ever heard of and included some personal advice on a path forward for that time. I am going to see if she is still in the business. And see if there is a Costco hearing center near me.

OTC hearing aids are amplifiers . If you have hearing ie; nerve damage you probably hear the adults from Charlie Brown . Wahhh Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah . Use an amplifier and just hear it louder . Where as a digital hearing aid is programmed ;
    To amplify frequencies that you struggle with.
    To mildly suppress non human voice frequencies .
    To suppress background noise and wind .

I go to a brick and mortar shop near me . They are affiliated with Lucid Hearing but are a physical location . Lucid Texas will sell you a digital hearing aid that you program yourself . I can't speak to that as I've never dealt with them . My local hearing guy is outstanding . Reasonably priced and outstanding support . If you're anywhere near Bristol Pa. check out America Hears . They sell Lucid . My main aid was $1,400 and my back up was $700 . Main is set for 32 frequencies/channels . Back up is 16 .

Reactions: IowaPlinker