• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Badger Ordnance Leupold or Chicom knock off?

dotrappe

Private
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2013
Picked up a scope base off flea bay this week. Seller claims its a 700 S/A Badger, but i have never seen this style offered. Input would be greatly appreciated.
scope rail1.jpg
Scope rail2.jpg
Scope rail3.jpg

I am not familiar with everything/style Badger offers but on every Badger product I own is marked with their name

Reactions: dotrappe
I've got a base like that. Is it steel?

I can think of three manufacturers who made them like that out of steel, Weaver (Tactical line), Leupold and Warne.

I've got a base like that. Is it steel?

I can think of three manufacturers who made them like that out of steel, Weaver (Tactical line), Leupold and Warne.

Haven't received the base. Bought it as an impulse from 1st photo in listing. phone hadn't loaded all photos when I clicked "buy it now"...
badger ord.jpg

Old Badger case different rail inside. You can get your money back because item doesn't match description.

Kind of what I suspected... Thanks Culpeper for the heads up!

Kind of what I suspected... Thanks Culpeper for the heads up!
The slots will match up with a picatinny, but you won't have the versatility of a fully slotted picatinny. I'd get my money back.

What you bought:
s-l500.jpg

Is not what you are showing us.

You lose all the versatility of those slots in between for different optics.

Reactions: dotrappe
Agree with trigger monkey, looks like the old style Mark 4 base made by Leupold back in the day for Rem 700 SA and the Rem 700 LA as used on the M24. Badger did make a long action version that is similar for the M24, not sure if he made a short action version as well.

did the leupold base have a recoil lug? this one doesn't appear to.

Agree with trigger monkey, looks like the old style Mark 4 base made by Leupold back in the day for Rem 700 SA and the Rem 700 LA as used on the M24. Badger did make a long action version that is similar for the M24, not sure if he made a short action version as well.