• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Bedding a Continous Scope Base, AI AE bore guide question

mydogsmonkey

Where's the target?
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2009
Burbank, CA
Got a Farrell AE MKIII scope base, since my scope and rings combo wont work with the standard 0 MOA rail and since my USO scope is set up for 20 moa anyway

Anyway, I'm finding that I have a gap between the rear part of the base and receiver to be about .003"
I'm assuming this warrants bedding but thats me assuming.

If i do need to bed, how do I go about it since its a continous rail?
In this, I mean that all the guides showing R700 rails have 2 pads that come down to contact the receiver where my rail contacts the receiver the whole length of the rail.

I was also wondering, can an R700 bore guide be used for the AE?

once i'm ready with the bedding material on the back part of the rail, do i just hand tighten the front screws or torque them?

and anyone know if a rem 700 bolt guide will work for the AE?

Not sure about the bore guide, but I ordered a Lucas Bore Guide from Mike Lucas...best bore guide I've ever used. Worth every penny...custom fit for the AE.

Did you do this yet? If so, how'd it go? I was surprised by the amount of void space on the stock rail. I have a Murphy rail coming in tomorrow and I'm assuming it (like the Farrel), will not have the large void. Either way, I'm debating the bedding and if it will even make a difference with a Spuhr mount. What did you decide?

Id try flipping the 0 moa rail around to get some different mounting options. You can also move the rail up and down on the receiver as there are extra holes drilled.

Ive also been using the standard .308 Lucas bore guide on mine with no problems.

Did you do this yet? If so, how'd it go? I was surprised by the amount of void space on the stock rail. I have a Murphy rail coming in tomorrow and I'm assuming it (like the Farrel), will not have the large void. Either way, I'm debating the bedding and if it will even make a difference with a Spuhr mount. What did you decide?

Yes i did it, turned out pretty good i think? I'm not sure how to really gauge the success in doing it. I just decided that if this is going to be a rifle I shoot alot, I might as well get everything mounted up as best as I can get it. Just be sure to use a good amount of release agent.

Id try flipping the 0 moa rail around to get some different mounting options. You can also move the rail up and down on the receiver as there are extra holes drilled.

Ive also been using the standard .308 Lucas bore guide on mine with no problems.

Unfortunately I have a 20 moa rail so i coudln't flip it, and I couldnt move it more forward due to how I wanted to scope to be mounted to bedding worked.