• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Bergara b14 300 WM mag well size ?

Bussterwyatt

Private
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2020
My buddy bought a Bergara HMR B 14 chambered in 300 WM after he saw me run my 300 PRC out to the mile and was impressed. But..... he wanted it in 300WM and I get it as ammo is way more available for the old tried and true 3 hundo .
anyways, I noticed when we set up the rifle that the mag that was supplied with it is a pmag type magazine
Anyhow, I told him to get METAL MAG
Aics type. so there is a member on here that sells the 3.850 made fir savage for like 60$ on eBay and he bought one ...
He got the mag and It it’s slightly to long !
I thought the 300 WM and 300 PRC had the same mag well ??
anyhow, can anyone tell me what length of mag he should use as this standard 3.85 is to long ?
Bonus is I got a free mag lol

Any help is appreciated .

Attachments

• 71E3921B-128B-40CB-9EE8-9F861A129D63.jpeg
    71E3921B-128B-40CB-9EE8-9F861A129D63.jpeg
    449.8 KB · Views: 212
  • 9982C0E5-168F-4F9C-BD4F-039CDA1540C7.jpeg
    9982C0E5-168F-4F9C-BD4F-039CDA1540C7.jpeg
    452.9 KB · Views: 226
Most 300 Win Mag rifles take a detachable magazine length of 3.715 (SAAMI). It only has been the last few years that some of the rifle manufactures have moved over to the longer 3.850 (CIP) magazine length for accepting both 300 PRC and 300 WIn Mag for cost savings. Your buddy's rifle needs the 3.715 length AICS type. He could call Bergara and see if they have a bottom metal that will take the longer mag or buy an after market chassis, like the Remingtion Long action KRG Bravo chassis that takes the longer length magazine. Though I would check with the chassis manufacture before buying that the Bergara will fit.

As for AICS patterned magazines, look at MDT, AICS or Accurate Mag. Cadex Defence has a nice CHASSIS VS MAGAZINE COMPATIBILITY PDF with part numbers and sizes you can use for reference.

3.715 Mag internal COAL sizes....
Magpul 3.500
MDT 3.625
Accurate Mag 3.615

Most 300 Win Mag rifles take a detachable magazine length of 3.715 (SAAMI). It only has been the last few years that some of the rifle manufactures have moved over to the longer 3.850 (CIP) magazine length for accepting both 300 PRC and 300 WIn Mag for cost savings. Your buddy's rifle needs the 3.715 length AICS type. He could call Bergara and see if they have a bottom metal that will take the longer mag or buy an after market chassis, like the Remingtion Long action KRG Bravo chassis that takes the longer length magazine. Though I would check with the chassis manufacture before buying that the Bergara will fit.

As for AICS patterned magazines, look at MDT, AICS or Accurate Mag. Cadex Defence has a nice CHASSIS VS MAGAZINE COMPATIBILITY PDF with part numbers and sizes you can use for reference.

3.715 Mag internal COAL sizes....
Magpul 3.500
MDT 3.625
Accurate Mag 3.615
I have a Bergara HMR Pro in .300 WM. I was looking at an MDT chassis but the only Remington LA option for the one I was looking at was the CIP length. If I purchased the chassis and got the longer magazines, would it work with the Bergara action? MDT customer service said the chassis would fit the Bergara, but I would have to check to see if my feed ramp is cut to accept the longer magazines. I reached out to Bergara but haven't received a response yet. You mentioned buying a new chassis to take the longer mags so I was curious if that's all that was necessary for it to function. Thanks.

I have a Bergara HMR Pro in .300 WM. I was looking at an MDT chassis but the only Remington LA option for the one I was looking at was the CIP length. If I purchased the chassis and got the longer magazines, would it work with the Bergara action? MDT customer service said the chassis would fit the Bergara, but I would have to check to see if my feed ramp is cut to accept the longer magazines. I reached out to Bergara but haven't received a response yet. You mentioned buying a new chassis to take the longer mags so I was curious if that's all that was necessary for it to function. Thanks.

I did not have to mod the feed ramp to make the CIP magazines to work with the late model Remingtin action that I used. The stock that I use was the Strike Nuke Evo from Cadex. It comes with 3 spacers that can let you use the 3 different size magazines, 3.615, 3.775, 3.850. The KRG chassis have the same type spacer system as well for adjusting the mag well size with the long actions.

If you plain on re barreling to 300 PRC at some point, I would just plain on using the CIP magazines and modding the feed ramp if needed.