• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Best donut

One good thing in Inglewood.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230804-145422_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20230804-145422_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    693.7 KB · Views: 18
during a lunch time in grade school I was attacked by apple fritters with huge teeth I thought it smart to warn everyone in the store that the apple fritters were alive man , seconds later two friends were shuving me back into his car to make a quick get away . later then told me the cops sitting there were interested to hear more about those moving apple fritters glad in those days cops still has a sense of humor and could laugh about things . corn fritters were also pretty cool with a dipping sauce .

The Hurts Donut in Tulsa actually does a terrific donut...but the Hurts Donut in New Orleans, like everything else in Nola: total dogshit.
Donut Country in Medford, OR.
Joes Donuts in Sandy, OR
Holy Donut in various places around Maine does the potato donut thing really well.
Whoos Donuts in New Mex.

I must be hungry. And I’ve lived too many places.

Reactions: Makinchips208
There is a local convenience store chain in the E TN area called Wiegles, started out as a drive thru milk store and expanded into the convenience store concept over time. They have decent donuts, but their apple fritters are very good. Don't know where they get them, but they prepare them/bake them at each store and with a cup of their brand coffee, it's hard to beat.

Paying Homage to my friend Veer . We had agreed that Yum Yum Doughnuts were it . I never fulfilled my promise to bring him a dozen .
And yeah , Yum Yum Doughnuts .

One good thing in Inglewood.
Man , my first time in Cali .
I missed the ramp for the 405 or 101 or whatever the fuck . So I'm cruising and wow , Randy's effin doughnuts . Then a street sign that looked familiar .
Then an intersection from Cops . I thought " Oh fuck no . Bad part of town . " This motherfucker banged a ubey doin 45 mph . I shit you not . I thought , I'll tell the cops that I'm not from around here . I saw the street signs and realized fuck this . Write me what you got I deserve it for being stupid .
Fifteen minutes earlier had a Mexican challenge me for my laptop bag . I was still competing/fighting on the mat and in the cage . Esse don't come how close he came to seein God .

Donna's Donuts in Flint, MI.

Cops & Donuts in Clare, MI you'd think would be the best, but they're over-rated.
Donna’s in Flint is by far the best . I one time got a huge coconut cream pie filled eclair with a caramel chocolate mix very light on top. That was like 2008-9 maybe and I still remember it fondly as the very best I’d ever had . Ever as in nothing else even a close #2

No joke, the ones they make at Publix are pretty good. I've not seen a doughnut I didn't like but the ones at our local Publix anyway are really good, surprisingly great

On another donut note, I've noticed that alot of the small mom and pop donut shops around Texas have been taken over by Asians , is that a thing in other parts of the country too , and they do make pretty good donuts and kolaches if I do say so myself.

Reactions: Ronws
On another donut note, I've noticed that alot of the small mom and pop donut shops around Texas have been taken over by Asians , is that a thing in other parts of the country too , and they do make pretty good donuts and kolaches if I do say so myself.
I have also noticed that but I think it is okay. They are industrious and hard-working. And prone to get on the roof with an AR-15 when the need arises. "Me likee too much."

Reactions: Im2bent
And by Asians I mean koreans, Philippines and not Indians Pakistan and those kind of Asians.

Plus 1 on the Duck.

They've got a bunch of franchises scattered across the US now.
Man there's a place called Duck Deli or something . The y do smoke and Bar B Que . They have on in New Britton Pa as well . Their Smoked whole chicken is to die for .

Edit : Am at the threshold of losing eyesight and whatever due to consumption of dubious amounts of alcohol .
Can't believieve um still typin .🤭

If an Apple fritter is not a donut, a bear claw absolutely isn’t. That shit’s pastry. Delicious. But pastry.

Speaking of pastry, the cinnamon rolls and bear claws, and danish and basically everything at the Stehekin Pastry Company will change your life.

And you can only get there by boat, seaplane or a two day walk.

My family in NOLA has either passed or migrated to FL. I have some family in Gautier, MS and the wife has family around Eunice.
My nephew went to Louisiana Tech in Monroe. Now, is at a graduate college in the New England area.

Reactions: doubloon
yeah op, i do like apple fritters. but cream filled or rasberry filled anything is up there. cronuts too!
i like bear claws but had one without very much bear so that put me off them.

Man there's a place called Duck Deli or something . The y do smoke and Bar B Que . They have on in New Britton Pa as well . Their Smoked whole chicken is to die for .

Edit : Am at the threshold of losing eyesight and whatever due to consumption of dubious amounts of alcohol .
Can't believieve um still typin .🤭

Don't be a pussy. Pour another one.

LaMar's Donuts........Kansas City metro..........sugar and cinnamon cake......​

krispy kreme is good, especially if you get and eat them still warm.
they are so sweet though, you almost have to have coffee or tea with them. jmo

Hard to beat a good apple fritter, but yeah, it's not a donut.

A place here makes a killer Oreo donut. It's just a filled donut, but I'd swear the filling is the same as an actual Oreo, and the icing on top is covered with crushed Oreos.

Talk about sugar overload, but damn is it good.

krispy kreme is good, especially if you get and eat them still warm.
they are so sweet though, you almost have to have coffee or tea with them. jmo
I agree, krispi Kreme has to be fresh and warm. Otherwise they ain’t so good.

Another good one was my high school (Klein Collins) cafeteria circa 2001/ 2002. On Wednesday mornings they would make amazing cinnamon twists. Really good. Also Thursday lunches they had amazing calzones using the same dough as their rolls. So good.

Another good one was my high school (Klein Collins) cafeteria circa 2001/ 2002. On Wednesday mornings they would make amazing cinnamon twists. Really good. Also Thursday lunches they had amazing calzones using the same dough as their rolls. So good.
Oh man, cinnamon twist are a close second to apple fritters. Tasty!

Reactions: LeftyJason
Maple old fashioned. Gotta have it with coffee. Eat the ears off first then enjoy the middle. No pun intended.

Lemon pistachio from Stan's Donuts.

Lemon Drop from Spunky Dunkers.

I wanted a donut today but had ice cream last night.

There is no contest.

Maple bacon donut from Naegelin's Bakery in New Braunfels, TX.

That is all. They also have an amazing cherry strudel, and their breakfast sandwich is made with a donut stuffed with sausage, egg, and cheese.

Duncan has gone to shit, some of the stores don't even make their own donuts.

Krispy Kreme is good, Duck is good. Depends if I want glazed or maple bacon.

I'd do some sketchy shit for a Leonard's malasada. Time to go on travel again.

Reactions: enichols
In high school I worked at a bakery in the morning and after school. I learned how to make all kinds of donuts and pastries. My favorite by far is a glazed round donut right out of the oven, dipped in the glaze and allowed to drain for a minute. I brought a carton of milk to work ( got there at 4:30am) . He paid me 4 dollars a day cash. I always had money in high school. Since then …meh, don’t hardly eat any of that shit.

Growing up East Coast, I'm going to put a vote in for Dunkin Donuts -my favorite was Apple Crumb, with sugar-raised a close second.

If I have to have a donut it's gotta be a French Cruller.
Why ?
Because the Cruller the better, duh.

BTW the whole Asian in the donut shop thing?
It's because Viet Nahm was a French territory for a long ass time and they taught Charlie how to bake the shit.

If I have my druthers though, it'll be a Baklava made with pistachios instead of walnuts.
Way better than ANY donut.

The Donut shop in Buckhannon, WV. It was one of the original Mister Donut shops. Still uses the same recipes. Double chocolate, Angel filled donuts, maple iced and others are the bomb. F Dunkin for buying the franchise out and sending it to Japan. Dunkin was always inferior and has not even been as good as they once were fir some time. Mr. Donut was owning them head to head. Have eaten donuts at many "best" places. None comes close. Krispy Kreme is good bought right at the bakery, but not the same animal.