• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing Biggest buck yet

Phylodog

Hidin since '06
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2006
Arcadia, IN
Shot this guy back on the 14th. Didn't notice before I shot him but someone had already put a crossbow bolt in him, whoever did it was an idiot (likely a poacher as well) as the shot was quartering to, way too high and too far back. Unfortunately he had a nasty infection so no meat but it didn't seem to be affecting him much, he was grunting, thrashing bushes and running two smaller bucks off when I shot him. I've had two shoulder surgeries in the past two years and just started shooting a bow again a few months ago. I'd been shooting ok but was nervous but I ended up making a perfect shot on him at 35 yards. He didn't make it another 50yds and was down in ten seconds. Couldn't be happier with him, I scored him at 143 5/8" net, I used an online calculator and didn't get the gross but I'm guessing it would have been 146"+.

pdeY0Fyh.jpg

Reactions: DXT_Shooter
He is a stud,good job bro.It is such a great feeling shooting a stud buck with a bow.

I'd be happy with that buck if I took it with a rifle - let alone a bow. Congrats on a great buck!

That’s an awesome buck right there. I can’t think of a better rehab for your shoulder than drawing back on a deer like that. Congrats.