• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Burris Eliminator 3 help

Sgt_B

Private
Minuteman
Jun 25, 2018
My dad mounted a Burris Eliminator 3 on a Remington 700 PCR in .308. We zeroed at 100 yds, took a 5 shot chrono avg and entered the programming. When we went back to the 200 yd line, bullet impact was 6" above where it should be. This happened when we had it on his Browning A-Bolt in .300 RUM also.

I am having the same issue with mine that is mounted on a Weatherby Vanguard in .300 WBY.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? We bought these for hunting out west but I have some concerns now trusting this hi-speed scope. I am contemplating going back to a tactical scope and just dialing my dope or using a holdover.

Thank you in advance.

I would double check your data you entered into it. I'm not too familiar with the scope, but I know that shit in equals shit out.

Is there a place to enter elevation or any type of environmentals?

Phil here from Burris/Steiner,

The Drop# is your drop in inches at 750y, when sighted in at 100y - if this number hasn't been verified, it may (and in this case will) need to be adjusted per the 2nd to last Quick tip on the linked Quick Set-up guide. The full User Guide contains details for this process on Page 15. For areas where you're unable to verify at 750y, there is a table indicating calculated adjustments for verification distances as near as 400y, which is where I'd start if you're unable to go farther.

For your situation, I'd start by finding the longest distance possible for verification, with 400y being the minimum ideal distance, and follow the User Guide from there- since you're already 6" high at 200, it probably wouldn't hurt to go ahead and reduce the Drop# programmed into your scope by a good bit- 30 or so would be my guess.

The software's output can only be as accurate as the input data, so if the verification distance is only 200y, you can certainly adjust the Drop# until the 200y mark is correct, but distances beyond 200y would be unverified and could be inaccurate. If you're at the range and are having trouble while also having decent phone signal, our Technical Support department is highly experienced in assisting with Eliminator setup, and will be happy to assist M-F, 8-5 Mountain Time 888.440.0244

Reactions: deersniper
I appear to have a similar problem.
The above is helpful, but I assume there is another issue: What is the influence of the altitude of the range where the rifle is sighted in?
I am familiar with the correction of drop and BC for the elevation, but the manual refers to "Sight-In Altitude: Sea Level" which will be hardly ever the case....

I set one up for a friend that couldn't figure it out. What a pain compared to a normal scope where I'd be done in a few shots to zero, get a speed with a lab radar and verify at distance, easily done in an hour or two. I kept having to make "adjustments" past 500 on a 6.5 CM to get the set up and the aimpoint accurate. When I got done I told my buddy not to ask me to set up his rifles anymore and not shoot it past 500.

Thank you, NewsShooter... Yes, the scope has some potential for frustration....
But I found out in the meantime that obviously a 0 MOA picatinny rail should be used (while mine is a 20 MOA)....

Thank you, NewsShooter... Yes, the scope has some potential for frustration....
But I found out in the meantime that obviously a 0 MOA picatinny rail should be used (while mine is a 20 MOA)....
Why would that make a difference?

Why would that make a difference?

I can only guess.... I have found this info on the Burris support website, where there are abou 100 questions with regard to how to install the scope, and in every single case the answer is "use a 0 MOA rail or use the shims to bring a canted rail back to 0 MOA"....
Obviously the ballistic computer gets confused by a canted rail.

Stick with it, I had one years ago. I followed the instructions and verified the 750 yard drop. Once programmed the drops were right on. It was a good scope but bulky, although a lot of scope are large now...

Stick with it, I had one years ago. I followed the instructions and verified the 750 yard drop. Once programmed the drops were right on. It was a good scope but bulky, although a lot of scope are large now...

Yeah, it's really a huge chunk.... But still kinda cool.
Especially my wife likes it on her rifle. I am more the knob-turning guy....