• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes DNZ Game Reaper mounts

Rob.308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2012
Has anyone used these? I like the idea of the one piece design for a hunting rifle but I don't know anyone who has used them.

I would be interested in using them on my Browning A-Bolt 30-06 for the upcoming season.

Rob

Re: DNZ Game Reaper mounts

Work fine on a .300 WM. Like the one I got so much that I'm considering going to them on all future rifles.

What optics are you using on the WM?

I wonder if anyone has used these on a tactical set up. The one piece design seems to have advantages becuase it eliminates the possiblity of the rings getting loose.

Any thoughts?

Great for hunting rifles, I have them on every rifle I hunt with. For tactical/ long range work, they don't have any built in cant, and if you change guns/scopes often, you must completely dismount the scope, where as with a 2 piece base/ring combo you can just take it off the base and immediately remount on any rifle with a rail. Saves you the time re leveling the scope. Depends on what you think is more important. I know nightforce direct mount is the same idea, and you have 4 screw rings, and built in cant. About 5x more expensive though....

Thanks for the input. I appreciate your thoughts. I didn't really think I could use it on a tactical set up but I had to ask to see what others had tried successfully.

Thanks again,
Rob

I have one on a hunting rig works fine,goto swfa and youll see a 20 moa model

Thanks for the tip. I didn't know they made a 20 moa model.

V/r
Rob

I use several of them on my long range rifles and a couple hunting rifles. They are of very good quality construction, strong and lightweight. This is a pic of their lowest 20MOA on a factory Remington varmint contoured 308 tactical.

W/ a 50mm obj

009-1.jpg

W/ a 40mm obj

006-3.jpg

Another 50mm this time on a flat base size low, no issue reaching 1000 on a 243.

243phototest004.jpg

The only issue I have run into and understand this may not apply to your body type and stock set up but I tried running my 5-20 super sniper on this mount and found the longer than most eye relief of that scope a problem. I could not push the scope far enough forward in the mount, needed another .25” to make it work in all shooting positions. Other than that I have found no issues. Had that rifle had an adjustable LOP stock I could have made it work with ease.

The one that it didn’t quite work out on... You cant tell from the angle but the base is a 20MOA high. Plenty of room for caps should you want them.

013.jpg

Thank you for all the pics and input.

I really appreciate you taking the time to do it.

V/r
Rob

Are you sure you are using a low mount with the 50mm? I just don't want to order the wrong thing.

Thanks again,
Rob

pretty sure... you are refering to the flat base in this pic, correct???

I can double check but it will take a day.

243phototest004.jpg

DNZ mounts are good to go and I would have no issue using them on a tactical rifle unless switching optics was a need. I use the 20moa on a 700 and its solid, the way I look at it the fewer moving parts the better.

Unless there was an issue with it fitting the scope as mentioned above I will reach for them for any mounting job I have.

DNZ porduct #28700 30mm low is what I have on that 243. So yes, it is what is pictured on that 243 remington varmint with the NF 3.5-15x50mm, just keep in mind that you wont be able to use Butler creek covers on the obj, it is close but clears. A different brand scope may not...

Thanks for the part number. That helps a bunch.

Thanks again,
Rob

I've been selling their mounts for 4 years now as a wholesaler and they have been wonderful. Their sizing tends to run a bit different than most. What they list as a low is closer to a med from most manufacturers and so on. So keep that in mind. We have had 0 problems with their mounts and sell hundreds of them.

Charlie

Charlie, what part of Tennessee are you in? I agree, they are good folks. Any time I have had a question, in about 60 seconds, I'm talking to someone who is actually running a machine - and they know their products. Charlie makes a good point about the sizes - here is some sizing info from DNZ:

DNZ RING/MOUNT INFO

*The extra low mounts fit all 32MM objective scopes and some 40MM objective scopes.

*All of our low mounts will fit plain bell 40MM objective scopes and some 44MM objective scopes.

*Medium mounts fit all 44MM objective scopes and most 50MM plain bell objective scopes.

*High mounts fit all 50MM objective scopes and most 56MM objective scopes.

*Sizes for all mounts other than Thompson Center. ***Thompson Center listed below.

*All dimensions from top of receiver or barrel to center of 1" or 30MM bore.

*Extra low mounts are .795 to .875, depends on firearm.

*Low mounts are .920 to 1.000, depends on firearm.

*Medium mounts are 1.045 to 1.125, depends on firearm.

*High mounts are 1.170 to 1.250, depends on firearm.

Our Thompson Center mounts are made in two lengths, Standard and EER.

The standard mount is designed for scopes with 2.5 to 4 inch eye relief for most shooters.

The EER is designed for scopes with 4 to 5.3 inch eye relief for most shooters.

Heights for the standard mount from the top of the barrel to the centerline of the scope tube is 1.00-low,
1.13-medium, and
1.25-high.

The EER mount is 1.09-low, and 1.22-medium.

All of our mounts are within the sizes listed above for extra low, low, medium, and high, its just depends on the type firearm.

We use 5/8 long ring screws in ALL mounts:

We use 5/8 long hardened grade 8 socket head cap screws in our black and camo mount rings. (supplied)

We use 5/8 long stainless steel socket head cap screws in our silver mount rings. (supplied)

We use 1/4 long hardened grade 8 socket head cap screws to mount to the firearm.(supplied) Recommended Torque on base and ring screws is 22 to 25 inch pounds. Any more than this, you may damange your firearm or scope.

With our 5/8 long ring screws fully engaged, our mount will handle a torque of 50 inch pounds with no problems.

Mark H.

This is why I love Snipers Hide! You can get the correct answers to most questions.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Rob

Glad I saw this. I'm going to need a mount for a weatherby vanguard and this was one of the ones I was looking at. The only other 1 piece mount I could find of any sort was a EGW picatinny and I haven't had good luck with EGW mounts. Glad to hear these are good quality, I'll probably get one to say I tried it if nothing else.

So if I go with a medium on a sporter barrel should I be able to clear a 40mm or a 50mm? I'm going to throw a 40mm on it for now but I want to upgrade to the swaro Z5 3-18X50 when I can afford to.

Hunting/<span style="text-decoration: line-through">Truck</span> Hatchback gun. I will continue to use these mounts. Very impressive if you ask me.

truckgun2.jpg

^^^^SWEET ASS TRUCK GUN!!! I used to have one of these mounts on my hunting rifle and it was damn good, especially for the money, they are well made and left no ring marks whatsoever on my Zeiss.

I agree that is an AWESOME truck gun! WAY better than what I would use as a truck gun. I would love to see his bench or tactial gun!

smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redneckbmxer24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do the standard or tactical mounts have a recoil lug? </div></div>

I have the standard, no lug, pretty sure the tactical doesn’t either the only difference is an extra two screws on the ring tops.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Niles Coyote</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redneckbmxer24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do the standard or tactical mounts have a recoil lug? </div></div>

I have the standard, <span style="color: #FF0000">no lug, pretty sure the tactical doesn’t either the only difference is an extra two screws on the ring tops.</span> </div></div>

That is correct. As you can see by my photo I'm using the tactical mount.