• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

ERGO Grips

Poirierpro

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2020
Looking for a grip to complete my MK12 “modern clone” build. Any of you guys running Ergo grips? Original vs Tactical Deluxe? I know grips are personal preference, just looking for ideas for a precision gas gun build.

Thanks

I love tactical deluxe. Has ambi palm swells. Excellent grip and feel. I use the straight version on my bolt guns and angled on gas.
FA309EE8-E4F7-4A50-862A-2A5AF4B207EB.jpeg

ERGO grip Master race......i run them on most of my builds......i prefer the Tactical delux on precision and bolt guns, and the standard on my carbines
IMG_1600.jpg

IMG_1593.JPG

I have 2 different styles, the Deluxe Tactical and the original Sure Grip; Deluxe is my favorite.

Their website shows a new X model that is supposed to be even "grippier" :)

Guess I'm in the minority here when I say I don't like them. I grew up a old school using the A2 grips and feel like those or MOE grips give a bit better control. Have an older ergo that was always losing that stupid little cap and a newer one that has the cap thethered, but no way in hell I'll ever use it to store anything with any mass. Both are standard and sitting in the extra parts boxes.

Not a huge deal, but I find the rubber leaves skid marks too on certain materials with any friction. My thought is there are better grips out there, but I have not researched which ones.

I have the Ergo Deluxe on almost all of my AR platform rifles. The bigger size and thickness just feels really good in my hand

I mostly use Ergo, an other option is Hogue they offer rubber, G10 and polymer in different flavors and variations.
My .02

I have a TDX-0 on my Recce. Not exactly MK-12 clone correct, but damn comfortable.

I run the Tactical delux on my AR10 build and love it. I’m a fan of Ergo grips in general. Ham some standard ergo on a few of my AR’s. But for my precision gasser I went with the tactical for a thicker feel.

Reactions: Poirierpro
I run the Tactical delux on my AR10 build and love it. I’m a fan of Ergo grips in general. Ham some standard ergo on a few of my AR’s. But for my precision gasser I went with the tactical for a thicker feel.
Ya that’s what I’m going for. Maybe a little thicker for added comfort and feels more like a bolt gun grip.

Reactions: Darkside-Six
Used to have tactical deluxes on all my builds. Bigger grip for a bigger hand, felt great when handling it or doing some light shooting. After a two day course i realized it wasn't vertical enough and the geometry of the grip was tearing up my hands. Now my first choice is a BCM Mod 3. Maybe the regular Ergo would have been better. Tough to find out for yourself without actually trying them all.

Used to have tactical deluxes on all my builds. Bigger grip for a bigger hand, felt great when handling it or doing some light shooting. After a two day course i realized it wasn't vertical enough and the geometry of the grip was tearing up my hands. Now my first choice is a BCM Mod 3. Maybe the regular Ergo would have been better. Tough to find out for yourself without actually trying them all.
I have BCM Mod 3s on all my ARs as of right now. I’d like to get just a touch long trigger reach from a grip though.

Reactions: JS8588