• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Extreme low light conditions Kahles 624i

CBDR

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2017
Jacksonville FL.
The short version of why I decided on the 624i. Primary use: Hunting. Secondary use: Targets. I deliberated long and hard on this purchase. Dropping almost 3 k for a rifle scope is serious business. Up until last night I had yet to see an optic gather light better than my Swarovski Z6. Here were the shooting conditions. Sunset was at 20:24, Moon was a waning gibbous at 89%. Cloud cover approximately 50%. Location GA swamp, in the pines rows. Fermented corn for hogs was placed at a known distance of 400 yards. The rifle used was a Accurate Ordnance CTX 6.5 resting steady in a RRS tripod. And to make it a little harder to see (the rifle was behind a layer of MOSQUITO NETTING). I had the Swaro Z6 for a side by side comparison. She could not keep up. Tube diameter and objective lens is where the show stopped for the Z6, I kid you not. I could see a racoon eating the corn in the pitch dark one hour after sunset. It was black out conditions. Unreal is the only way to describe it. When I look back and see how easy it is to second guess yourself by diving deep into all the specs, weight, size and FOV. Get what you want. Got a heavy rifle, get a tripod.
Thank you Mike at CSTACTICAL.

Glad to hear this, my Kahles skmr3 is supposed to be here on wednesday.... I can't wait to get it outside and compare it to my gen2 Razor and my NF ATACR F1 4-16....

BIG SMILE:cool: I took the leap and went got this scope and my choice is vindicated every time I take it out. Now I'll have an excuse to stay out later. Now if I could better at reading the wind. Thanks for your report.

Glad to hear this, my Kahles skmr3 is supposed to be here on wednesday.... I can't wait to get it outside and compare it to my gen2 Razor and my NF ATACR F1 4-16....

I would be interested in those comparisons. I've never had a khales but I've had both of those other 2 scopes you mentioned.

Better to have it and not need it, than to not have it and say oh shit.....

I would be interested in those comparisons. I've never had a khales but I've had both of those other 2 scopes you mentioned.

I'll second this. I've got it boiled down between a K624i or the Minox ZP5. I've been behind the Razors and Atacrs, so I'm curious to see how it stacks up against them too.

Tube diameter does not affect light gathering. Bigger tubes leave more room for erectors, and increase the potential for internal adjustment.

Glad you're happy with your purchase! We have advised people that the Kahles tends to be one of, if not the the brightest scope in its class which helps in low light conditions. If anyone has any questions about the scopes mentioned, we'd be happy to discuss their pros and cons at 916.670.1103

CTX6.5.jpg

Glad you're happy with your purchase! We have advised people that the Kahles tends to be one of, if not the the brightest scope in its class which helps in low light conditions. If anyone has any questions about the scopes mentioned, we'd be happy to discuss their pros and cons at 916.670.1103

Would you say it's brighter than an AMG? Genuinely interested as I've never owned a khales but thought about it several times.

The gen 3 K624i is bright and will be great in low light, but so will a bunch of other alpha scopes with excellent light transmission like
Gen II Razor
AMG
Minox ZP5
S&B
NF ATACR & BEAST
etc.

I did not spend a lot of time behind my friend's Gen III K624i but it seems like Kahles chose coatings that favor contrast, so the image "pops", but it seemed a little unnatural compared to my Minox or S&B. Emphasis on "a little". Love the controls (LH windage, parallax on top) and the reticle is very good IMHO. Definitely a great choice.

Imagine how boring the world would be if everyone bought exactly the same high end scope. So many good choices these days, and bang for the buck is at an all time high.

To Covertnoob5: I can not comment as to making a comparison against an AMG as I have never actually been behind one nor have I never shot in a match or competition. I just really enjoy good gear and being able to use it to it's fullest potential. Pushing the envelope. This particular rifle was put together for low light conditions in a hunting application.

My SKMR3 is all good for me and I am adding two more scopes for my next two builds...