• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

FN Scar 20 .308 at the Range

joshua2727

Private
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2018
I recently acquired a SCAR 20 paired with an NF ATACR 4-16 scope, and I recently had the opportunity to take this combination to the shooting range. I must say, I was genuinely impressed with the SCAR's accuracy, especially considering it's a semi-automatic rifle. While it might not quite measure up to a precision rifle like a GAP, it displayed remarkable consistency and behaved exceptionally well. The NF ATACR scope also exceeded my expectations; in my eyes, it outperformed everything I've looked through, including Gen 2 Razors.

I didn't bring a wide variety of ammunition with me because I thought I knew what the rifle would prefer. However, I was in for a surprise. I had 7.62x51 ball ammo in 175 grains and FGMM .308 in 168 grains. My plan was to zero with the 175-grain rounds, which I had plenty of, and then shoot groups with the 168-grain ones. With the 168-grain rounds, I managed to maintain groups within MOA to slightly below MOA at 100 yards, but nothing that would make headlines.

On a whim, I decided to extend the range to 200 yards with the 168-grain ammo, and again, I achieved MOA groups. However, when I tried the 175-grain ball ammo at 200 yards, I was astonished to consistently achieve groups nearly half the size of MOA. Needless to say, it became evident that my rifle has a preference for the 175-grain rounds. I'm eagerly anticipating my next trip to the range with some high-quality 175-grain match-grade ammo to see if I can tighten those groups even further, hopefully reaching below half-MOA precision.

scar20.jpg

scar at 200.jpg

Reactions: Snapper314
nice shooting.

good thing you dont have a cantilevered scope mount…or so the story goes.

i liked the scar 17 i shot. i hear FN is dropping them too. too bad but maybe the sig speer will pick up that slack.