• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes GAP Gladius Optic Recomendations

dchavez

Private
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2011
Caddo Parish
Gentleman, I just acquired a GAP Gladius. What would you guys recommend in terms of glass? I've got a $2000 budget. I currently own a NF 2.5-10x24 but will consider y'all's recomendations

Thanks guys

Nightforce F1 3.5-15x, Leupold Mark 6 3-18x44 TMR, Nightforce 2.5-10x42, Vortex Razor 5-20x.

Make sure you get the .1 mRad knobs and an mRad reticle. Don't mix MOA and mRad and you'll be good to go.

You need to decide if you want FFP or not. Personally, on a nice light handy rifle like the Gladius, I'd lean to the lighter options and stick with a FFP because you're shooting a tactical rifle, not an F-Class rifle. Of those listed I'd lean toward the Mark 6 or the Razor.

Last edited:
The Vortex Razor is a really slick scope in your price range. Of course with a $2000 budget you could find a used USO or S&B.

Just outside that budget is the ATACR or just inside is the Razor. I have both and are two excellent scopes, but if SFP is not an issue I give every catagory to the ATACR hence the save 2-300 more and go with NF. A used USO would also be an option, and I have had a few over the years but right now my de facto go to is the ATACR.

Sully

-Leupold Mark6 3-18x44
-March 3-24x42
or if weight isn't a concern a Bushnell ERS

Last edited:
I tried Hensoldt 4-16, Hensoldt 3-12, SB 4-16 and NF F1 on my Gladius. The 30mm tube with 0.82" Seekins gave the lowest sightline (0.10" lower than 34mm tube in 0.92" Seekins).

Something about the scope weight, profile and size just felt right on the Gladius since it's a fairly small/light gun.

Last edited:
"-Leupold Mark6 3-18x44"

I agree with the guys pulling for the Mark 6. Keep the weight down as much as possible.

Gentleman, I just acquired a GAP Gladius. What would you guys recommend in terms of glass? I've got a $2000 budget. I currently own a NF 2.5-10x24 but will consider y'all's recomendations

Thanks guys

What kind of magnification are you looking for?
Its hard to go wrong with a NF F1.