• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Glock OEM Threaded Barrels

AJB

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 30, 2007
South Florida
Saw this on the AAC Blog:

Glock has long held out against the (awesome) trend to bringing out “Silencer Ready” pistols for the consumer market. At long last there are factory threaded Glock Barrels available to the US Firearms Market. AAC, AcuSport (a leading distributor in the outdoors and shooting sports market) and Glock worked together to make this happen.

This past year AcuSport began distributing the full line of Advanced Armament Suppressors and their bringing Glock on board to produce factory threaded barrels is a Win/Win for everyone in the market. Initial runs of barrels are for the Glock G19 (9x19mm) threaded M13.5x1LH and the Glock G21 (45Auto) threaded M16x1LH.

These barrels are an exclusive to AcuSport, who began taking orders from Dealers in January. The barrels have just come into stock and will be shipping to your local dealers. If your dealer doesn’t have these on order, please have them contact AcuSport ASAP . . . these will no doubt go FAST

Link with pics: http://www.aacblog.com/?p=9558

Re: Glock OEM Threaded Barrels

Would be interested if the 9mm was 1/2x28, but I guess it is a step in a good direction.

M13.5x1LH = FAIL.

Is it polygonal rifling as well?

Whats wrong with 13.5x1 LH threads? Never heard anything negative.

I agree with rcpd. Its nice to see them offer these in the states regardless of what thread they are. Glock isn't an American company so I wouldn't expect 1/2X28. HK and Sig dont offer these on their tactical or elite models. New pistons are cheap anyways.

My local dealer doesn't seem to want to help in this matter, anyone know any dealers with these on order?

Thanks in advance

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ajb008</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree with rcpd. Its nice to see them offer these in the states regardless of what thread they are. Glock isn't an American company so I wouldn't expect 1/2X28. HK and Sig dont offer these on their tactical or elite models. New pistons are cheap anyways. </div></div>

Sig did a couple runs of 226's and 229's with 1/2x28 american threaded barrels as well as the barrels themselves. Was a RSR exclusive at one point

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ajb008</div><div class="ubbcode-body">New pistons are cheap anyways.</div></div>

New 1/2x28 barrels are also cheap...

It's just another thing to buy/ carry. It's inconvenient. The thread is LH, so you tend to counter-intuitively loosen the can when you periodically reach up.

I suppose it's just what the Dr. ordered if you run a Brugger and Thormet can, though.

For the American market, they can keep it. I wonder how many customers run suppressed in Europe though... a few odd military contracts and what, Scandinavia?

Since it's LH I don't have to reach up to check, it doesn't come loose. I am using a AAC evo.9 and am in the process of getting one of these barrels for my G19. I have had a HK USP9SD for a while and have had no problems. Just picked up a S/W SPEC OPS with LH threads. I just like LH threads and seem to work better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rcpd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since it's LH I don't have to reach up to check, it doesn't come loose. I am using a AAC evo.9...</div></div>

LH has nothing to do with it coming off or not, despite internet rumor. My Evo 9 works loose regardless of which piston is on.

What I meant to say is:

1) All cans loosen a bit once you start running and gunning them.
2) It's instinctive to reach up with a glove, leather, or kevlar cloth and twist clockwise to tighten.
3) European threads are backwards.

i got a great deal on my EFK threaded barrel in 1/2-28 from HTG Silencers.