• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Gunsmiths that do Remage barrels?

wes1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2009
I have a Frozen Fiber blank that I want set up/chambered in a "Remage" for a BigHorn Arms Origin Action.
Looking for Recommendations.
Thanks for the help.

Is the barrel contoured to accept a barrel nut? If it isn't then a CF wrapped blank is not something that can typically be recontoured except by the manufacturer and even then they may decline it.

We can do it for an Origin either way. I cut a bunch of Origin prefits this week and more next week.

The Origin doesn't use Remage barrels.

Thanks for the reply and info.
I'm going to do more research

Pva is top notch. Would definitely recommend for barreling once your done with your research. You won’t be disappointed.

it is more than likely built up for a typical 1.2 to 1.25 should and can't be turned down to the 1 1/16 diameter for a remage setup without destroying it..

a remage barrel can be no thicker than the major of the barrel thread.

if it were me I would sell it and buy a CF barrel that was mfg specifically to be a remage several top tier makers of CF barrels make them I believe.. proof and carbon six come to mind

Use a Barloc from American Rifle company for a barrel with a shoulder. PVA works with ARC, so they could chamber and thread it for the shouldered Barloc. Easiest way to make it a switch barrel.