• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

HCS MK12 Mod1

AJB

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 30, 2007
South Florida
Finally got my build done. Want to thank Kevin at HCS for an amazing upper, Allen Arms for the rare brake, and ScottyS for hooking me up on the scope.

Build Specs:
HCS Mod 1 upper
LWRC M6A2 Lower
Magpul MIAD grip
Vltor stock
Geissele DMR Trigger
AAC 18T Brake
PRI gas buster charging handle
Harris 6-9 S notched w/alpha bravo lock
YHM Bipod adapter
Magpul MS2/RSA/ASAP adapter
Larue SPR mount
Night force 2.5-10X24 Mil/Moa

5580832541_544395fc46.jpg

The finish quality from HCS is amazing. Their attention to detail is very good. After a short break in and initially getting on paper it shot consistent groups through out the morning averaging around .65moa @100yds. The only issue I have run into with this build is the barrel nut and the SPR mount conflict when trying to mount the optics far forward. Me being trained to always put the tip of my nose on the charging handle, I had to compromise a bit. The AAC brake is great too. During sustained firing the rifle barely moves, making keeping the cross hairs on target a breeze. I had chosen to keep the Ops Inc collar on to keep the MK12 look to it.

Anyone in the market for an SPR/MK12 I highly recommend HCS. You get what you pay for with them.

Re: HCS MK12 Mod1

Great looking rifle. Nothing but great things to say about Kevin and HCS. I also had the same issue with the nose tip on the charging handle. No difference with the Larue mount or ARMS rings. I had to adjust my cheek weld for a proper eye relief.

Great rifle. Kevin is a great guy and he has helped me in the past. I will use him again in the future. Enjoy shooting your new rifle.

Very nice. Kevin's quality and service are top notch.

I'll have to weigh mine sometime for a comparrison. I went with an A2 stock, and like you I haven't put the sights on yet. They're coming in a few months, and the suppressor at the end of the year.