• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Hensoldt 10X42 Mil dot

ESSAYONS

Private
Minuteman
May 4, 2010
Dallas, Texas
I have cleaned my closet and have had this for several years and don't know much about it. Has anybody used one of these before? I am going to sell it and really cannot find much about it via Google. Must be old.
SD530385.jpg

Re: Hensoldt 10X42 Mil dot

ill give ya 50$ for it pm me with where i should ship the MO.

DON"T SELL IT!!!

That is a great scope keep it and save it for another rifle!!!

Don't let people take advantage of you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_ ©</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DON"T SELL IT!!!

That is a great scope keep it and save it for another rifle!!!

Don't let people take advantage of you. </div></div>

Shay, you should know that I was kidding

But he may not know that. I don't know how much it is worth, but I think that it is over $1000... But I'm not sure.

If the elevation turret is 1/2 MOA then it's a Hensoldt Wetzlar ZF 800. The tube should be 26mm. From the photo it looks like someone might have installed it in 1" rings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_ ©</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But he may not know that. I don't know how much it is worth, but I think that it is over $1000... But I'm not sure. </div></div>
Do your research and dont just throw out random numbers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_ ©</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But he may not know that. I don't know how much it is worth, but I think that it is over $1000... But I'm not sure. </div></div>
Do your research and dont just throw out random numbers. </div></div>

"Hensoldt ZF800 10x 42mm 1/2 F Mil-Dots $1250"

Research done.

http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/hidden_death2002/Equipments/Tactical_Scopes/Tactical_Scopes.html

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_ ©</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_ ©</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But he may not know that. I don't know how much it is worth, but I think that it is over $1000... But I'm not sure. </div></div>

Research done. </div></div>

Just found some reports of people on SC finding em for 400$ and 500$ in stores in mint condition which seems to be around the right pricing, your google fu is lacking.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_ ©</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_ ©</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But he may not know that. I don't know how much it is worth, but I think that it is over $1000... But I'm not sure. </div></div>

Research done. </div></div>

Just found some reports of people on SC finding em for 400$ and 500$ in stores in mint condition which seems to be around the right pricing, your google fu is lacking. </div></div>

Well, that is the price then. Sorry, I made a mistake.

So is that a 1" tube or what? Anyone know for sure?

That scope looks just the S&B 10X42 Classic...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_ ©</div><div class="ubbcode-body">26mm tube. </div></div>
LOL I believe thats 1inch shay.

I had that scope. It had the BDC knobs for the 308. It was an incredible scope. Clear as a bell and small and compact. You have a keeper and I would recommend not selling it unless absolutely necessary.

They aren't the same. 1" = 25.4mm. Many 1" rings will not fit 26mm tubes.

Like I said in my post above, it looks like someone installed 1" rings on it (hence the marks).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_ ©</div><div class="ubbcode-body">26mm tube. </div></div>
LOL I believe thats 1inch shay.</div></div>

26mm is not 1". There is a little difference Filepe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: modifier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They aren't the same. 1" = 25.4mm. Many 1" rings will not fit 26mm tubes.

Like I said in my post above, it looks like someone installed 1" rings on it (hence the marks).</div></div>

Wonder if a guy could get or make a 26mm lapping bar and just enlarge a pair of 1"'ers.....? Whats out there for 26mm rings?

Thanks Shay!

Thats a sweet scope...I could find a home for that. If it doesnt come up for sale I'll see if I can land another one somewhere...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Shay!

Thats a sweet scope...I could find a home for that. If it doesnt come up for sale I'll see if I can land another one somewhere... </div></div>
Yeah after seeing this one I want one too!

I really want to put this on the block and put the $ on a NF or Leupold with more power (12-20). Eyes are not as good as they could be. This came from a army buddy that was a sniper some time ago. It definitely has ring marks. Here are other photos of the adjustments with better clarity.
P1000293.jpg

P1000292.jpg

P1000294.jpg

No I have had this since the mid 90's and I don't even know what duracoat is? It has sat in my closet since then. Now that the kids are a little older I am getting into shooting- but want a scope with more power. This thing is crystal clear for sure.

When it comes to 26mm rings its so easy to open up a 1" ring if you just have access to a lathe.
First turn out a round bar to 1".
With the round bar in the lathe mount the ring on the round bar but so you can turn half the ring to 26mm.
Repeat with the other ring.
Turn now out another round bar that is 26mm and clamp the ring the other way around and turn that inside.

Wery simple, dosent take long time either.

Håkan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eng07</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
SD530385.jpg
</div></div>

5 dowwar GI! special jus for you!
grin.gif