• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

How do you Primer Pocket Uniform?

mattmcg

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2007
CA
Sitting here staring at about 700 new 6.5 Creedmoor brass pieces and have my Sinclair primer pocket uniformer in a quick detach housing along with my power screwdriver. I typically do them by hand and have the brass shavings fall into white terry cloth towel while watching a movie. After going through about 80 cases, I got to thinking that there had to be a better way to speed up the process.

How do you primer pocket uniform? What method do you use and what equipment is at the ready?

I put the RCBS uniformer in my Makita cordless drill then put the drill in the bench vice. I hit the trigger with my left hand, run the brass with my right. Quick and easy

Tim

After going through about 80 cases, I got to thinking that there had to be a better way to speed up the process.

Why do you want to speed it up?
You're only going to do it one time.
I'd rather do it right than fast.

How do you Primer Pocket Uniform?

I used to uniform primer pockets until some started leaking and etching the bolt face. I thought nothing of it until I saved some from an outing for inspection. The uniformer actually created a spiral vent for the hot gasses to escape. I stopped uniforming on that lot and never saw any hindrance in performance.

Although when I was uniforming I used the RCBS uniformer on a hand drill.

I put the RCBS uniformer in my Makita cordless drill then put the drill in the bench vice. I hit the trigger with my left hand, run the brass with my right. Quick and easy

Tim

This has been the easiest for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the Sinclair uniformer mounted in a cordless drill. I never try to uniform a case with the drill already running; I always center the primer pocket on the uniformer and then start the drill. It's much too easy to initially seat the pocket at an angle if the drill is already running.

K&M by hand!! I have used a drilldriver but thought that enlarged the primer pockets. Lapua brass costs to much .

I use the Sinclair uniformer mounted in a cordless drill. I never try to uniform a case with the drill already running; I always center the primer pocket on the uniformer and then start the drill. It's much too easy to initially seat the pocket at an angle if the drill is already running.

This.

I follow the same method with the Lyman uniformer mounted in my cordless drill.